• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You don't want Benitez anywhere near transfers though - that's his big Achilles' heel.

If he comes he needs to be firmly on Baldini's leash in that aspect.

Benitez will expect investment though. Whereas for FdB and Poch, moving from selling clubs to a zero net spend club will be a progression.

They would have to believe in themselves if they do not minimum want a lb ;)

Slow trot back rose needs a lot of work

Simply because i don't think Levy is a fool. If Rafa is available then he will be our main target and if that fails then it will be FDB or Poch.

The latter two are AVB type risks and i'm not sure Levy is willing to throw the dice again.

How do you square this theory with the widely held concerns over playing style, which judging by his end of season letter, Levy fully buys into?

Who want's to predict when the manager will be in place? I'd say we'll drag this out for at least another 2 weeks.

Then he will be a fool.

Rafa will want money but to the extent that he rejects the chance to come back to England? i doubt it. He will probably get £20m plus player sales (which could easily amount to 60m plus).
At napoli he can safely finish in the top 3 in the years ahead. CL football, very good side challenging for the Serie A title.......At Spurs he will be fighting for 5th/6th, EL football, and a reduced transfer budget. Whats the point??Given the choice, if i were him id stay in Napoli.

You don't want Benitez anywhere near transfers though - that's his big Achilles' heel.

If he comes he needs to be firmly on Baldini's leash in that aspect.

Benitez will expect investment though. Whereas for FdB and Poch, moving from selling clubs to a zero net spend club will be a progression.
:lol: never gonna happen, thats why i said that Levy should know not to go down the Benitez road. Very good boss, but not a good fit with Spurs atm. Also like i said, from Benitezs POV, he has a bigger chance of professional success at napoli than at spurs

At napoli he can safely finish in the top 3 in the years ahead. CL football, very good side challenging for the Serie A title.......At Spurs he will be fighting for 5th/6th, EL football, and a reduced transfer budget. Whats the point??Given the choice, if i were him id stay in Napoli.

Naples is a ****hole .. and like Jose, apparently Rafa enjoys England/PL.

Where has the benitez talk even come from ?
Is it just some spurs fans want him or has it been reported credibly ?

Thought he was happy at napoli ?

Phil Thompson and Jamie Carragher have both said he'd jump at the chance to manage in the Prem again.

fcuking eck, do you think Benitez is gonna live on the TottenhaM High Road if he arrives at Spurs??? Naples=TottenhaM, both sh!teholes, at least in Southern Italy he has the weather.

They would have to believe in themselves if they do not minimum want a lb ;)

Slow trot back rose needs a lot of work

Our no net spend is sell-to-buy. So we sell Rose and BAE and buy a new LB (with Fryers as back-up). It's better than the Soton/Ajax scenario of sell-to-survive (where we'd have to promote Fryers and use someone like Kevin Stewart as back-up).

Who want's to predict when the manager will be in place? I'd say we'll drag this out for at least another 2 weeks.

Tomorrow would be my guess.

Soton may ask us to delay if they want to get their replacement lined up - Malky Mackay, AVB and Steve Clarke the names being linked apparently.

But Sorrento, just across the bay, where he lives, is regarded as one of the nicest places in the world.

fcuking eck, do you think Benitez is gonna live on the TottenhaM High Road if he arrives at Spurs??? Naples=TottenhaM, both sh!teholes, at least in Southern Italy he has the weather.
Tottenham is not that bad. Wouldn't call it a sh!thole. It's going under regeneration. I can think other worse places to live in.

Tomorrow would be my guess.

Soton may ask us to delay if they want to get their replacement lined up - Malky Mackay, AVB and Steve Clarke the names being linked apparently.
Yeah all the indicators are pointing to Pochettino. Another appointment doomed to failure.

Who: Trix
When: 15th May
Where: COYS

My mate is still convinced this is done all about the minor details. It has only come through an agent, but Poch has asked him to make sure his player signs nothing until we can make an offer. Now that might be a case that the agent has jumped the gun, but I certainly wouldnt bet against it now.

Mate, agent, a Pinch of salt and all that... ;)

Tottenham is not that bad. Wouldn't call it a sh!thole. It's going under regeneration. I can think other worse places to live in.

I can think of worse places, but most of them are currently undergoing some kind of civil war.

Tottenham wouldn't look out of place if you picked it up and dropped it on the wrong side of the river - by my measure that's pretty bad.

i think all this Poch talk is a sshhmokescreen.......imo we are going Dutch, always were. LVG was the main man, with FdB the fall back option. Levy is probably angry that FdB spoke about the approach, but LVG did the same and we still continued to negotiate with him until Utd entered the fray. Id be shocked if FdB isnt approached again and appointed within the next week or so.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

I still hold out a minor hope that we might see van Gaal, if Real do part company with Ancellotti, but other than that, he has been a shoo-in for the Man Utd job ever since he announced his availability. They know they can't afford to let him come to us, apart from anything else, and unless there was a massively preferred candidate they couldn't afford to pass up (none of whom would be likely to be in danger of coming to improve us), it surely won't be long before we see him holding up the red, white and black scarf.

If it's not to be LvG, I'd be happy with de Boer or (although to a lesser extent) Pochettino. Not because I have any particularly strong reservations about the latter; more because, in common with others, my gut feeling is that, if we don't get him, de Boer may well wind up down the road, where no doubt he'd be a roaring success and leave us kicking ourselves.

Rafa and his wife enjoyed England. His wife was very involved with community projects in Liverpool and they kept their house there, if the Liverpool fans I know are to be believed. So I agree he might be amenable to a return. He was willing to go to Chelsea and face a hostile relationship and I don't think it was purely about money.

That said, he is very outspoken about what he wants. He went very public on the needs he had just after the CL final at the beginning of the H&G saga. He seems just the type of manager Levy would want to avoid ... although often seems to get (Redknapp, Sherwood).

Back