• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Seven Games

Too early for all that. Way too much football still to be played.
I don't want to hear this "way too much football to be played" again. What cost us the title last year was our lousy run around this period. Wins at the tail end of the season award as many points as those at the start.

Every. Game. Counts. Including Swansea on matchday 6 and Burnley on matchday 4.

I don't want to hear this "way too much football to be played" again. What cost us the title last year was our lousy run around this period. Wins at the tail end of the season award as many points as those at the start.

Every. Game. Counts. Including Swansea on matchday 6 and Burnley on matchday 4.

Of course every game counts - which is why it’s ridiculous to say the title could be decided in October.

Of course every game counts - which is why it’s ridiculous to say the title could be decided in October.
Yes, but to dismiss dropped points at the start of the season because "there's still plenty of football to be played" is folly. Because once all the games are played you may look back at September/October and say that that's when the title was decided.

I think a win against ManU is necessary for a title challenge unless City have a meltdown. Draw would be okay for second place, but we should be able to finish above those red clams anyway.
7-8 points is a huge gap if City keep their form relatively stable through the season. Perhaps even insurmountable.

We should, and will, aim to win away at Old Trafford. But at the same time avoid thinking that a loss or a draw would be catastrophic. (Not saying that you're saying it would be catastrophic).

Yes, but to dismiss dropped points at the start of the season because "there's still plenty of football to be played" is folly. Because once all the games are played you may look back at September/October and say that that's when the title was decided.

It's what has happened for two seasons running now. You'd think we'd have caught on by now, but apparently not.

Honestly, did anyone expect us to win the title this year having to cope with playing home games in Wembley? We're doing nicely these past few years and if we wind up with a top-four finish and can bring CL football to help inaugurate the new stadium, that would be fine with me.

I trust the process that Levy has put in place. It's about evolution, not revolution.

Honestly, did anyone expect us to win the title this year having to cope with playing home games in Wembley? We're doing nicely these past few years and if we wind up with a top-four finish and can bring CL football to help inaugurate the new stadium, that would be fine with me.

I trust the process that Levy has put in place. It's about evolution, not revolution.

The key for me though is it’s rarely us... we’re currently tracking like for like on points so are doing as well as last season so far. To win the league we need others to do a job on city and that’s where everything goes wrong. It’s the same that happened against Leicester. Our points become irrelevant if they don’t drop any either and it means we can only achieve what you said

I hope yesterday's defeat hurt the players. I hope they went home and realised that failure is not ok. That they are reminded that to be successful, you can't just choose when to turn up. To think that their career is short, and their opportunities to win success are limited, and that if as part of a team very capable of being successful, they can win honours here, but must have desire, commitment and want to have a career full of success, and not regrets.

No one expected us to challenge last year either. Or the year before that. So, given how good this team is, we shouldn't discount its chances of winning the title this year either. And I'm pretty sure Poch and the players didn't go into this season aiming just to make top 4, but rather to win it all.

It's amazing how few people take us seriously when we tell them that we are going to win the league. All day I get told that Spurs are an average team, that only Kane is above that. I get told that we will finish 4th, and how Manchester United and Chelsea are much better than us. I don't know what it is that we have to do to convince people that we are a serious team. I was getting so wound up with the comments that I was getting earlier.

It's amazing how few people take us seriously when we tell them that we are going to win the league. All day I get told that Spurs are an average team, that only Kane is above that. I get told that we will finish 4th, and how Manchester United and Chelsea are much better than us. I don't know what it is that we have to do to convince people that we are a serious team. I was getting so wound up with the comments that I was getting earlier.

You have no hope of that with our own fans talking about a weak mentality after last night...

You have to have belief and confidence across the board to win the league and the players and Poch have it IMO

You have no hope of that with our own fans talking about a weak mentality after last night...

You have to have belief and confidence across the board to win the league and the players and Poch have it IMO

We will see on Saturday.

I believed we could Sunday night. By Wednesday night I had doubts.

Maybe thats the true cost of the lackluster second half yesterday night, belief?

Ignore last night. We were in a cup match that really meant very little to us. I wish it meant more, but the reality is that it's lowest on the list of priorities.

Then, add in West Ham fighting for their lives in 'their' derby. It's only a derby for us in the same way that Barnet would be a derby. Arsenal & Chelsea are our derby matches.

A team that was missing key players, with Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, and Kane all missing.

Our performances against Liverpool, and Real Madrid, are more telling for a future forecast. And we excelled in those. I am still confident that we will win the league.

We will see on Saturday.

I believed we could Sunday night. By Wednesday night I had doubts.

Maybe thats the true cost of the lackluster second half yesterday night, belief?

The players have that belief and arrogance I'm sure. You can tell by the way the players are coming out with comments

Ignore last night. We were in a cup match that really meant very little to us. I wish it meant more, but the reality is that it's lowest on the list of priorities.

Then, add in West Ham fighting for their lives in 'their' derby. It's only a derby for us in the same way that Barnet would be a derby. Arsenal & Chelsea are our derby matches.

A team that was missing key players, with Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, and Kane all missing.

Our performances against Liverpool, and Real Madrid, are more telling for a future forecast. And we excelled in those. I am still confident that we will win the league.

Exactly. Last nights game was our second least important game of the season (after the first league cup game)

I prefer to jugd the team on how we play in the league and the big competitions

Oh, Winks was missing too and dont forget how important he is

The players have that belief and arrogance I'm sure. You can tell by the way the players are coming out with comments

Toby saying "its a wake up call", dont impress me much! (ta Shania)
I expected far more from this 'Title challenging squad'

Toby saying "its a wake up call", dont impress me much! (ta Shania)
I expected far more from this 'Title challenging squad'

It's as important as a mid season friendly. I loved the day that we beat Chelsea in the League Cup Final. We've come a long way since then though. Now we can strive to win the league, not the league cup. 'It's a wake up call', is probably just a sound bite but, hopefully they'll be desperate for success this season and actually raise their game for all future matches. Let's see what happens on Saturday before we all start going in to knee jerk panic mode.

People moaning now, would still be moaning if we put out the first XI against Spam, who then got injured/tired and messed up the next two matches.

Back