• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Seven Games

Good start to the run of games; can we keep it up?
Regardless of our game vs West Ham, are we playing Jose at slightly the wrong time (after a loss away at Huddersfield)?

Good start to the run of games; can we keep it up?
Regardless of our game vs West Ham, are we playing Jose at slightly the wrong time (after a loss away at Huddersfield)?

Jose is always up for us, he knows we are a threat.

No Pogba & Fellaini is good for us though.

Still a bitch run of games to get through.

Utd will be less confident.
Mou always parks ze bus against the top 4 teams, so expect a horrible game of frustration and fouls, anything more is a bonus
I imagine Dier will start this one to compete with the bulk of Matic. And possibly impress his wanna-be boss.

Utd will be less confident.
Mou always parks ze bus against the top 4 teams, so expect a horrible game of frustration and fouls, anything more is a bonus

Agree, was thinking the same earlier. He'll be looking for a 0-0 or 1-0

I think a win against ManU is necessary for a title challenge unless City have a meltdown. Draw would be okay for second place, but we should be able to finish above those red clams anyway.

Agree, was thinking the same earlier. He'll be looking for a 0-0 or 1-0

He did that at Anfield and Liverpool had plenty of chances to win it but they couldn't hit a barn door, we on the other hand have Kane (please be fit). As long as most of Sunday's players get a weeks rest I'm confident we'll overwhelm them with the way we've been playing away from home.

I imagine Dier will start this one to compete with the bulk of Matic. And possibly impress his wanna-be boss.

Magic struggles against players that can pass and move and he laos isn't great physically as we saw at the lane in the 5-3 game. I hope he gets asked to mark eriksen again as he was chasing shadows that game

Magic struggles against players that can pass and move and he laos isn't great physically as we saw at the lane in the 5-3 game. I hope he gets asked to mark eriksen again as he was chasing shadows that game

This. It's one of his more obvious weaknesses - it's largely nullified when he's alongside either a terrier like Kante or a complete midfielder like Pogba, but it's still obvious at times when a player does him on the turn and one of them has to come across and cover for his lack of mobility. And, as you pointed out, it was *brutally* exposed by everyone from Kane to Chadli and even Mason in that 5-3 game where he partnered Fabregas - the one that traumatized Mou so deeply that he hasn't dared to adopt such an attacking approach since.

Problem is, even in this game, he'll have that sort of terrier to cover for him - namely, Herrera (and that's assuming Pogba doesn't recover in time). So I'm not sure how we'll manage the task of exposing him like that again.

This. It's one of his more obvious weaknesses - it's largely nullified when he's alongside either a terrier like Kante or a complete midfielder like Pogba, but it's still obvious at times when a player does him on the turn and one of them has to come across and cover for his lack of mobility. And, as you pointed out, it was *brutally* exposed by everyone from Kane to Chadli and even Mason in that 5-3 game where he partnered Fabregas - the one that traumatized Mou so deeply that he hasn't dared to adopt such an attacking approach since.

Problem is, even in this game, he'll have that sort of terrier to cover for him - namely, Herrera (and that's assuming Pogba doesn't recover in time). So I'm not sure how we'll manage the task of exposing him like that again.

You expose him by isolating him. Run at him and get him moving. He is lead footed

He is getting lots of plaudits because their bench mark was low and he is helping them tick... but look who he was up against on those wonder games... players at West Ham, Swansea, Leiceter, Stoke, Everton, Southampton and Palace... not one player of class against him

After not winning at old Trafford for about a thousand years, we broke the hoodoo and won two in a row there in 12/13 and 13/14. Since that we have lost 3 in row, putting in some of the worst performances of the season there. Time to get a win there again!

Always fun to get a win over a strong rival that sends them into a bit of a crisis mode. Arguably, Mourinho is already in a bit of a crisis mode from the insipid effort at Huddersfield but perhaps moreso over the tactics and aesthetics of ManU's play. Another poor performance from them in a loss to us would crank the heat up very nicely.

Of course, a league cup win over wobbly West Ham will push Bilic half out the door. We might even spark some tremors in Madrid with a win over Real next week. They trail Barca by five points and have Atletico one point behind in fourth.

Back