• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New TV

We picked up one of these as were on a budget. SAMSUNG UE40D6530WKXXU

View attachment 632

I wasn't after 3d but got upsold on that and the claim of 400Hz pictures :eek: We only paid ?ú649.99 and got 4 pairs of 3d glasses so not all bad. HD picture via Freesat is very good indeed. Haven't really done 3D yet but will try it shortly. What has disappointed me is the motion blur I see when watching something like Topgear etc. Now I don't know how that claimed 400hz works but I saw less motion blur on TVs that cost half the RRP of this telly. Any Samsungers no what I am doing wrong ? Im using HQ HDMIs and even see the motion issues when wathcing BluRay disc as well.

Just wondering if there could be something awry with my telly ?

We picked up one of these as were on a budget. SAMSUNG UE40D6530WKXXU

View attachment 632

I wasn't after 3d but got upsold on that and the claim of 400Hz pictures :eek: We only paid ?ú649.99 and got 4 pairs of 3d glasses so not all bad. HD picture via Freesat is very good indeed. Haven't really done 3D yet but will try it shortly. What has disappointed me is the motion blur I see when watching something like Topgear etc. Now I don't know how that claimed 400hz works but I saw less motion blur on TVs that cost half the RRP of this telly. Any Samsungers no what I am doing wrong ? Im using HQ HDMIs and even see the motion issues when wathcing BluRay disc as well.

Just wondering if there could be something awry with my telly ?

Sometimes if its a souped up refresh rate it only applies to the Digital TV and not the 3D experience of the TV.

samsung_series8.jpg

What Sheikh said.

I've got the 32" version of that and couldn't be happier with it.

Or go onto AVforums and find the thread on your TV and people will be discussing the calibration that they think suits.

EDIT or do what Southstand said above to that site.

I put this on a par with people thinking they can get HD through a scart... naming no names.

Do you mean DHSF?

Cheers lads I'll give that a whirl. I assumed the calibration would only effect colour etc but will see what I can do. Do need one of those keyboardy things that Samsung now do.

Not necessarily

There may be additional processing that can be turned on or off which will affect motion etc

Cheers lads I'll give that a whirl. I assumed the calibration would only effect colour etc but will see what I can do. Do need one of those keyboardy things that Samsung now do.

Go into custom mode on the motion plus and set Blur Reduction at 7 and Judder reduction at 0. Also calibrate the other settings too but that simple change will stop the motion blur.

With TVs.. the function I'd look at is if it has wireless, then you don't need another cable to fath about with, and you can connect to say a wireless video streamer
BTW go download all the mags on Bolt.. plenty info with them too.

What HiFi has checks out the video streamers this month.

Also Budget blu ray players under ?ú200.

The Samsung I want has that, wireless streaming..

Im giving my current 32in Samsung LED to my parents

Back