• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New TV

Getting ?ú1,000 loyalty bonus next week for being with my firm for 15 years
Lack of ambition????

(yes, I know I'm pretty sure I did this gag 5 years ago when you got your ten year loyalty gift, but hey what the fudge, it got a reaction then, so why not give it another blast?!?!?) ;-)

samsung_series8.jpg

What Sheikh said.

Dunno what he's on about; the top link is definitely a 2012 Samsung models mate.

The 2012 flagship is their ES8000 range, ie: a Series 8.

The TV yiddo2786 posted was released in 2009, which is 3 years previous to 2012, which makes it 3 years old.

Last edited:
Apologies, I just google imaged samsung led or something, mine's a couple of years old. I'm not suggesting buy a TV that's three years old.

Just a word of warning for anyone looking at the 2012 LG range.

It was mentioned above, that looks wise they are the dogs danglies, but there are some serious tech issues going on it seems.
I believe there is a serious lag issue for gamers amongst other problems.

Take a look at AV forums for more info before you buy.

Just a word of warning for anyone looking at the 2012 LG range.

It was mentioned above, that looks wise they are the dogs danglies, but there are some serious tech issues going on it seems.
I believe there is a serious lag issue for gamers amongst other problems.

Take a look at AV forums for more info before you buy.

They are making their TV's too thin

Putting aesthetics over functionality, which leads to an inferior product

There are a few tech companies that do this ;)

Mark, have you got a big HD screen already.

If you have then maybe you should think going the cinema surround route instead.

Proper upgrade

IMO there isn't much to be gained on TV's right now and you should really wait for the 3D TV's that don't have glasses, (at the moment 7K)

I'd suggest either a cinema out the box, one that comes with a Blu ray player, sub and 5 speakers.

Or go the proper route and spend a monkey on Q Accoustics 5.1 speakers (The absolute nuts for the price)

An Amp.. with 1.4HDMi

A standalone Blu Ray player.

Q Acoustics are fricking awful! Badly built and the tweeters fry very easily.

B&W M1 with AS2 Sub ?ú500 ish
ONKYO TXNR609 ?ú300 ish
Denon DBP1611UDBK ?ú230 ish

AV System - DONE.

With TVs.. the function I'd look at is if it has wireless, then you don't need another cable to fath about with, and you can connect to say a wireless video streamer
BTW go download all the mags on Bolt.. plenty info with them too.

What HiFi has checks out the video streamers this month.

Also Budget blu ray players under ?ú200.

I always found them well featured but low on power for the money, they like to inflate the power ratings on the spec sheets. My favorite were always Harman Kardon or Denon to be honest, although the Onkyo stuff was good at the lower end. Depends on budget really, oh and Sony stuff used to overheat a lot.

Back