• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
To be honest i have no problem with Levy taking his time over appointing a new manager, we have messed it up by rushing into it and appointing " big names " in Jose and Conte ( i undestand why we did it though) and it failed. Levy needs to accept that his gamble did not pay off ( appointing serial winners) and look for someone who will be willing to spend more time here without the ego that both Jose and Conte have (i understand why they have the ego as they are seriel winners).

To be honest i have no problem with Levy taking his time over appointing a new manager, we have messed it up by rushing into it and appointing " big names " in Jose and Conte ( i undestand why we did it though) and it failed. Levy needs to accept that his gamble did not pay off ( appointing serial winners) and look for someone who will be willing to spend more time here without the ego that both Jose and Conte have (i understand why they have the ego as they are seriel winners).

Like you I understand the logic/gamble, it didn't work out, Jose interestingly had more context (Covid) than Conte.

I agree with going back to a model of a motivational manager, attached to club, mixing in some youth players (the Gil/Sarr/Spence/Udogie) model, playing attacking football

What I will say, and willing to long term bet on this one
- Our fans have become insufferably entitled
- I could see us getting 5th/6th playing much better football than we have now, with youth players integrated and the bitching will continue.

Covid & social media have changed people, no one is going to be happy with anything but final success and even then the bar will be raised.

Like you I understand the logic/gamble, it didn't work out, Jose interestingly had more context (Covid) than Conte.

I agree with going back to a model of a motivational manager, attached to club, mixing in some youth players (the Gil/Sarr/Spence/Udogie) model, playing attacking football

- I could see us getting 5th/6th playing much better football than we have now, with youth players integrated and the bitching will continue.

Covid & social media have changed people, no one is going to be happy with anything but final success and even then the bar will be raised.

I have no doubt you will be correct with that. it it now the " I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW" generation of fans who make the most noise ( you only have to look at T w atter and the like) to see it.

There would be some, but less than now and it would be a healthier environment for the club too (more sponsor friendly)

Essentially we're always going to compete with clubs that are richer than us. Even our neighbours are richer than us (and have somehow also managed to scrape together a good team). City, Liverpool, ManU, Chelsea, Scum and even Saudi Sportswashing Machine now is richer than us. So expecting anything above 6th place when we're at the disadvantage of our economical situation, well, it's entitled. We can blame Levy and the crew all we want, and they definitely have responsibility for not having a clear enough vision and sticking to it, but at the end of the day, at least six other clubs have way more money than us, and the ones with the most money will 19 times out of 20 win a trophy. And to top it off, there's only ever 3 trophies available to be won over a season. No wonder we don't win brick. The odds are stacked against us every season.

I hope we can bring in a promising manager that can bring a progressive new style and who isn't so fixed on playing this one set system. We need someone flexible and preferably without a huge ego. Someone who wants to play attacking football. I personally just want to feel some joy watching Spurs.

But bottom line: I wouldn't expect us to win anything anytime soon, as long as money is the most important factor in winning things (as it has always been).

Essentially we're always going to compete with clubs that are richer than us. Even our neighbours are richer than us (and have somehow also managed to scrape together a good team). City, Liverpool, ManU, Chelsea, Scum and even Saudi Sportswashing Machine now is richer than us. So expecting anything above 6th place when we're at the disadvantage of our economical situation, well, it's entitled. We can blame Levy and the crew all we want, and they definitely have responsibility for not having a clear enough vision and sticking to it, but at the end of the day, at least six other clubs have way more money than us, and the ones with the most money will 19 times out of 20 win a trophy. And to top it off, there's only ever 3 trophies available to be won over a season. No wonder we don't win brick. The odds are stacked against us every season.

I hope we can bring in a promising manager that can bring a progressive new style and who isn't so fixed on playing this one set system. We need someone flexible and preferably without a huge ego. Someone who wants to play attacking football. I personally just want to feel some joy watching Spurs.

But bottom line: I wouldn't expect us to win anything anytime soon, as long as money is the most important factor in winning things (as it has always been).

There is a lot of truth ( and sense) in that.

Amen to that. We’re starting from a pretty decent position though in terms of current squad and potential future investment, so if we can get the right man again, like Poch was for us 7 years ago…

so important we get a new age, hungry, system, progressive manager this time though. For example, Ancelotti is amazing but I wouldn’t want him in charge of this squad, it takes a different type to get the most from the sum of its parts.

We’re starting from a pretty decent position though in terms of current squad and potential future investment, so if we can get the right man again, like Poch was for us 7 years ago…

Agree with this. Porro, Romero, Bentancur, Bisouma, Kulu, Kane, Richie, Son give us a good basis to which you can add the potential of Skipp, Sarr, Udogie, Spence etc plus some squad fillers (Davies, Royal etc)

Need 3-4 additions this summer (mainly starting 11 player though) and consistent investment, and most importantly a manager to implement a sensible base system which is easy on the eye and has some flexibility

Despite all the debate about the manager, far more important this summer in my view is that we have a decent transfer window

Sign a GK, 1 or 2 CBs and a creative player and then more or less any manager would be able to get us playing far better than we have this season

Have to disagree with this. Signings are made after the manager is found - otherwise we end up with another raft of players the new boss doesn't rate or want. Get a manager, understand the strategy and philosophy of said boss and then sign players to meet the needs of the team under the new guvnor.

Completely separate things. Nuno was only appointed as the first [10] candidates had blown us off and we were utterly desperate. We were looking like a laughing stock by getting to the end of June without a new appointment after ditching Mourinho months before. Players were coming back for pre-season training the week after. We just needed someone, anyone,....

I dont think Nuno's appointment is comparable to Postegolou or Slot therefore.

On those two, Postecoglou hadnt even managed in Europe before joining Celtic and has got to the age of 57 without managing in a major league. And is winning the league with Celtic really any sort of achievement? At least Slot has at least done well at two teams in a second tier European league so hasn't just fluked any success and is, potentially, an young, emerging manager

In fairness to Postecoglou celtic had fallen behind rangers when he arrived yet he immediately completely reversed that and has made them dominant again. Whereas GVB went to rangers and couldn’t get close to them.

So I think Postecoglou has proven a lot and remember his gk is joe hart and the star defender of the league is now CCV.

But yes I’d like to see what he does with a soton, leicester type team first.

In fairness to Postecoglou celtic had fallen behind rangers when he arrived yet he immediately completely reversed that and has made them dominant again. Whereas GVB went to rangers and couldn’t get close to them.

So I think Postecoglou has proven a lot and remember his gk is joe hart and the star defender of the league is now CCV.

But yes I’d like to see what he does with a soton, leicester type team first.

Celtic didn't fall behind rangers, a disillusioned manager and the pressure of breaking nine in a row caught up with celtic.
No disrespect to ange, but long term celtic where in a much better position than rangers.

Entitled?!? Spurs fans? Are you kidding? If we were entitled we would fudge off and support an easier team. We are entitled because we want to see what every football fans wants when they start supporting a team, to win. Or at least to compete. Clearly you are happy for us to just turn up every season and good luck to you. I would love us to compete for trophies like Arsenal have this season, like Liverpool have in recent seasons and we did under Poch.

I have no doubt you will be correct with that. it it now the " I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW" generation of fans who make the most noise ( you only have to look at strap on and the like) to see it.

Want it now lol ... we haven't had "it" for a long time .... fans have been very patient up until now ... the fans and the owners are miles apart for the vision of this club.

Celtic didn't fall behind rangers, a disillusioned manager and the pressure of breaking nine in a row caught up with celtic.
No disrespect to ange, but long term celtic where in a much better position than rangers.

I thought Gerrard gradually made rangers better than celtic and used to routinely out play them in derby’s if not always getting the result.

But I’m sure you watched it all a lot closer than me so I could be wrong!

Celtic have also made many good signings since Posteg arrived like all the Japan guys, ccv etc but again maybe he had no say in those arrivals.

I get all that. But if we give the owners the benefit of the doubt because of the resources gap we should do the same for the managers we appoint.

Want it now lol ... we haven't had "it" for a long time .... fans have been very patient up until now ... the fans and the owners are miles apart for the vision of this club.

I agree that there are many fans who have been patient, its the minority on T w atter/etc who bitch and moan about wanting change every minute. The few idiots who stand outside the grounds in small numbers waving their protest slogans. etc.

I agree that there are many fans who have been patient, its the minority on strap on/etc who bitch and moan about wanting change every minute. The few idiots who stand outside the grounds in small numbers waving their protest slogans. etc.
It’s mainly Daniel Levy who seems to want to change things very often. We’ve not started and finished the season with the same manager since 2019.

It’s mainly Daniel Levy who seems to want to change things very often. We’ve not started and finished the season with the same manager since 2019.

I agree we have had far to many managers over the last few years and i will not defend him for that, but hiring any manager is a risk( that is why most of them get sacked from most clubs).

Back