• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I agree we have had far to many managers over the last few years and i will not defend him for that, but hiring any manager is a risk( that is why most of them get sacked from most clubs).
At some point we have to give one the opportunity to turn around a bad period. As you know I think the person that deserved that chance was Pochettino. We’ve paid for being so trigger happy ever since I think.

At some point we have to give one the opportunity to turn around a bad period. As you know I think the person that deserved that chance was Pochettino. We’ve paid for being so trigger happy ever since I think.

Turn what around exactly? The manager gets the sack to take the heat off the board for poor recruitment of managers and genuinely poor backing of the managers that they bring in.

Less people are being fooled into the clubs vision "To dare is to do" ... pull the other one.

I understand why Levy decided to go for the likes of Jose and Conte, they have both won a lot and Levy obviously thought they would do the same here. Obviously that has not happened and he is probably as tinkled off as our fans about it. As for Poch as i have said many times on here i was aginst his sacking at the time it happened (i would have let him see the season out to see if he could improve the poor run under him) but i hope we do not get him back again.

I think we need to appoint a young manager who can grow with us ( Naggleson would be my choice). However football in todays game sees the coming and going of lots of managers at most clubs and we are the same over the last few years.

I understand why Levy decided to go for the likes of Jose and Conte, they have both won a lot and Levy obviously thought they would do the same here. Obviously that has not happened and he is probably as tinkled off as our fans about it. As for Poch as i have said many times on here i was aginst his sacking at the time it happened (i would have let him see the season out to see if he could improve the poor run under him) but i hope we do not get him back again.

I think we need to appoint a young manager who can grow with us ( Naggleson would be my choice). However football in todays game sees the coming and going of lots of managers at most clubs and we are the same over the last few years.

Did you actually think Mourinho or Conte align with the way the board invest in the team? They need a yes man to get lucky and hope to GHod that it somehow comes through.

Naglesmann to spurs? No chance he will want funds also ... we need a modern day curbishly who will get us punching well above what we deserve and invest in.

Ill stop you right there with the modern football comment ... I don't think any club in the top flight of English football has had more managers since pochettino ...

Did you actually think Mourinho or Conte align with the way the board invest in the team? They need a yes man to get lucky and hope to GHod that it somehow comes through.

Naglesmann to spurs? No chance he will want funds also ... we need a modern day curbishly who will get us punching well above what we deserve and invest in.

Ill stop you right there with the modern football comment ... I don't think any club in the top flight of English football has had more managers since pochettino ...

Palace, Chelsea, Everton

3 in 4 years isn’t that outlandish in the PL

And you would be wrong on that i am sure.

Palace, Chelsea, Everton

3 in 4 years isn’t that outlandish in the PL

Only Chelsea ... by one
And you would be wrong on that i am sure.

Sure I can admit that Chelsea have had one more manager ... but they have new owners and sacked the man that actually won them things ... completely different scenario ...

What's been our recruitment strategy for managers? They won at big clubs with ambitions to win things and spent big ... perfect we will get them in and let them do their magic?

Entitled?!? Spurs fans? Are you kidding? If we were entitled we would fudge off and support an easier team. We are entitled because we want to see what every football fans wants when they start supporting a team, to win. Or at least to compete. Clearly you are happy for us to just turn up every season and good luck to you. I would love us to compete for trophies like Arsenal have this season, like Liverpool have in recent seasons and we did under Poch.

Go to the stadium, if we are not entertained, nobody gives a brick to even try to support the team. And I'm tired of hearing only poor people can sing/support, or it's tourists, lots of old timers in my section and all they do is moan. Somehow between the fans that use to rock up at WHL (and no it wasn't cheap then either) and now, something has changed, and it's being entitled.

And no, not every football fan expects their team to win each season, there are what? 200 clubs, fans go decades without even being close to winning, yet they turn up, yet they sing their ass off. I've seen teams come to Spurs and get smashed and their fans were still better than ours ..

Last edited:
everton have had Carlo, Rafa, Lampard and Dych

Silva too if you count the one in charge when Poch left

not counting caretakers obviously

Everton had Silva (he left after Poch), Ancelotti, Rafa, Lampard & Dyche plus two caretaker stints
Chelsea had 2 managers, 2 caretakers this season
Watford I think were the undisputed kings before they went down

I thought Gerrard gradually made rangers better than celtic and used to routinely out play them in derby’s if not always getting the result.

But I’m sure you watched it all a lot closer than me so I could be wrong!

Celtic have also made many good signings since Posteg arrived like all the Japan guys, ccv etc but again maybe he had no say in those arrivals.

I don't watch either of them, its a poor product with not a lot going for it other than the rivalry.
I do have a lot of friends and family on both sides though and it's very difficult to avoid it.
Gerrard did improve rangers, thier European results were good fir instance, but most say celtic lost the league rather than rangers winning it because of a lot of unrest in the dressing room.
Ange came in and revitalised them, weeded out the malcontents and have never looked back.

Essentially we're always going to compete with clubs that are richer than us. Even our neighbours are richer than us (and have somehow also managed to scrape together a good team). City, Liverpool, ManU, Chelsea, Scum and even Saudi Sportswashing Machine now is richer than us. So expecting anything above 6th place when we're at the disadvantage of our economical situation, well, it's entitled. We can blame Levy and the crew all we want, and they definitely have responsibility for not having a clear enough vision and sticking to it, but at the end of the day, at least six other clubs have way more money than us, and the ones with the most money will 19 times out of 20 win a trophy. And to top it off, there's only ever 3 trophies available to be won over a season. No wonder we don't win brick. The odds are stacked against us every season.

I hope we can bring in a promising manager that can bring a progressive new style and who isn't so fixed on playing this one set system. We need someone flexible and preferably without a huge ego. Someone who wants to play attacking football. I personally just want to feel some joy watching Spurs.

But bottom line: I wouldn't expect us to win anything anytime soon, as long as money is the most important factor in winning things (as it has always been).
Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren't richer than us. They have richer owners, but that doesn't translate into them being a richer club. The owners can't pump unlimited money into the club. Any money they spend needs to come from revenue generated by the club and they're still a way off from achieving that more than we currently do. People laugh at things such as the F1 Kart deal, but it's things like that that will enhance our revenue generation and keep us ahead of clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and close the gap with the Liverpools and Chelseas.

Watched the first half of Feyenoord against Waalwijk yesterday. Talk about attacking football. Once the ball went past the halfway line it never went back. No faffing about and exchanging 55 passes between the CBs before attempting to make an attacking move. Once Feyenoord got the ball there was only one direction it ever moved: forward. Granted it was Waalwijk, but when we play lower table opposition we still pass it around the back a million times.

I'm not sure how that would translate in the PL, but it would definitely make for exciting football. I have always been a proponent of quickly attacking as soon as we win the ball back, because it doesn't give the opposition a chance to get fully getting organized and, if we lose the ball, at lease we're losing it deep in the opposition's area. I supposed It would probably also mean we will need some fairly quick CBs and CMs, because it will open us up to counters. But would love to see this style of football at Spurs.

I agree that there are many fans who have been patient, its the minority on strap on/etc who bitch and moan about wanting change every minute. The few idiots who stand outside the grounds in small numbers waving their protest slogans. etc.
Why do you always talk about them if they are a minority. Pretty much every post of yours is in the same vein, moaning about other fans also moaning. [emoji23]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Go to the stadium, if we are not entertained, nobody gives a brick to even try to support the team. And I'm tired of hearing only poor people can sing/support, or it's tourists, lots of old timers in my section and all they do is moan. Somehow between the fans that use to rock up at WHL (and no it wasn't cheap then either) and now, something has changed, and it's being entitled.

And no, not every football fan expects their team to win each season, there are what? 200 clubs, fans go decades without even being close to winning, yet they turn up, yet they sing their ass off. I've seen teams come to Spurs and get smashed and their fans were still better than ours ..
We've played crap football since we moved to the stadium. Its not about being entitled it's about the fans being bored and not enjoying what they are seeing. I truly believe if we're playing good entertaining football but falling short the fans wouldn't bemoan, but right now the only positive are the points and if we aren't even getting those why would anybody be happy. The product is brick.

Why do you always talk about them if they are a minority. Pretty every post of yours is in the same vein moaning about other fans moaning. [emoji23]

Of course they are a minority you only have to see them outside the ground. Bitches have to bitch i guess. Sadly there will always be those who think they could do better. :rolleyes:

Of course they are a minority you only have to see them outside the ground. Bitches have to bitch i guess. Sadly there will always be those who think they could do better. :rolleyes:
Sure, but you moan about them in almost every post of yours. I don't understand why you care so much about them. They are a minority as you say, so they don't have any importance right?

Sure, but you moan about them in almost every post of yours. I don't understand why you care so much about them. They are a minority as you say, so they don't have any importance right?

I am not sure if you are old enough to remember the saying " empty vessels make the most noise" but that is what
Tw atter is full of. If folks are going to bitch all the time about Levy and the club then others have a right to try and put some sense into it. You are right about one thing though they don't have any importance.

There club was on the up with the new stadium and pochettino ... the last season at the lane was just something I've never seen at spurs before.

Levy ripped that away as he always had a hard on for Mourinho. I don't get this belief that Levy is bullet proof. He's had some shockers and is not this lovely chap that some make him to be of this devil either.

He just doesn't understand football as much as he understands economics... however not many chairmen hand this balance.

With levy it's almost like going on a date and promising the girl a steak and a bottle of wine but then turning up at hers with 50 cheeseburgers and a 2ltr bottle of Fanta.... same spend but not on what's wanted.

Back