• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
As Bedford touched upon, Poch was lucky to inherit, or at least buy young, some top top players. Hugo, Toby, Jan, Rose, Walker, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, and of course Kane were all great for him - I'm not sure how many came in before Poch, but it's bound to be a fair few.

Who among our squad could turn out that good with the right coach? I'm hoping Slot can bring a few with him - hopefully more Jans than Davinsons!

That's the thing, though, we don't really know. Kane had potential, but with 3 goals in 10 PL games the season before Poch became manager, very few people would expect the kind of career he went on to have. Kyle Walker was quick, but defensively questionable and prone to more than the occational fudge up. Who knows how our current lot will react to a new manager - maybe in ten years time we'll be having the same discussion about Slot and how lucky he was with the talented squad he inherited? :p

That's the thing, though, we don't really know. Kane had potential, but with 3 goals in 10 PL games the season before Poch became manager, very few people would expect the kind of career he went on to have. Kyle Walker was quick, but defensively questionable and prone to more than the occational fudge up. Who knows how our current lot will react to a new manager - maybe in ten years time we'll be having the same discussion about Slot and how lucky he was with the talented squad he inherited? :p
That’s the coaches job
Maximise a players potential
A Modern coach does that
We have just had conte who is all about the system and how that hides a players weaknesses

That’s the coaches job
Maximise a players potential
A Modern coach does that
We have just had conte who is all about the system and how that hides a players weaknesses

Yep. Makes you wonder who might flourish under Slot but who has been suffocated under all/any of our last 3 defensive managers.

Naturally think of players who are attacking and comfortable on the ball given the change of styles, so perhaps some of Gil, GLC, Spence, Porro, maybe Devine. Bisouma was injrued and out of favour so will be like a new signing too and obviously Udogie will be an actual new signing

Yep. Makes you wonder who might flourish under Slot but who has been suffocated under all/any of our last 3 defensive managers.

Naturally think of players who are attacking and comfortable on the ball given the change of styles, so perhaps some of Gil, GLC, Spence, Porro, maybe Devine. Bisouma was injrued and out of favour so will be like a new signing too and obviously Udogie will be an actual new signing
GLC? He can’t even use his right foot to dribble the ball or make a simple pass. N’Dombele far more likely (though both players will be elsewhere next season IMO).

so it sounds like it's Slot, and i definitely am excited about the potential, but maybe that is just excitement to have a manager who doesn't stick 7 defenders on or play a deep block?

Reservations of course, the Dutch league, not many managers have made the grade in the PL. Now, Feyenoord won the title and that's not to be sniffed at (their second this century i think), but Ajax are obviously struggling with the lost of ETH. winning the league takes luck and certainly feels Feyenoord had the right timing to be there when the wheels came off elsewhere.

Personally i would rather RDZ over Slot as we have seen him in action in the PL (knows the league), but cant see why he would leave Brighton where he has lots of control and direction vs our absolute car crash clown car of a club.

if it isnt RDZ, then Slot it is and i am happy with that. However, with Poch and Naglesmann both available... still would prefer either of those to Slot i think.

Slot got manager of the year over eth last season.

Give control over transfers?? Goes against everything that's being said about the direction we're going in with data-driven recruitment

It's bs. He'll have a say and a veto. As it should be.

Everyone should be working together though. To get the right players. That everyone is happy with.

Looks like the Slotmeister was on our radar from the beginning. The Nagelsmann sacking may have thrown us for a loop, but good to see we regained our focus.

Wasn't just on the radar, but was one of the front runners at the time (media).

Obviously when someone like Nagelsmann becomes available you should speak to them as well.

I'm just hoping after this weekend we start to get some movement on staff.

Fingers crossed this is a mis-quote, or something else.

Not sure other similar managers will be easier to extract. de Zerbi will be harder for example

Back