• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Or, he could not not fancy it and would rather wait for a better option?

I'm on board with the idea of him but it's not Levy's fault if it turns out he'd rather bide his time (not suggesting you're saying that explicitly).
Also have to sort out his contract with Bayern, not as straightforward as some would like to believe.

Tottenham sources feel that finding an agreement with Bayern Munich for Julian Nagelsmann will not be a problem.

Julian is the top priority for Spurs, however only until he knows who the next Sporting Director is will talks advance to final stages.

[FabrizioRomano]

Or, he could not not fancy it and would rather wait for a better option?

I'm on board with the idea of him but it's not Levy's fault if it turns out he'd rather bide his time (not suggesting you're saying that explicitly).
Yeah, that was the gist of what I said. Him not fancying Spurs would not be out of the blue, however. It would probably be that Levy didn't convince him. And Levy not convincing him doesn't mean it's Levy's fault either. It would all depend on what JN wants and if it's a bridge too far for us. Especially since we got burnt with Jose and Conte.

Tottenham sources feel that finding an agreement with Bayern Munich for Julian Nagelsmann will not be a problem.

Julian is the top priority for Spurs, however only until he knows who the next Sporting Director is will talks advance to final stages.

[FabrizioRomano]
That sounds very reasonable. And will push us in the right direction too.

I too think negotiating with Bayern is not going to be an issue for reasons I have mentioned several times in other posts.

I’m unconvinced by Nagelsmann. What makes people think he’s the best available coach out there? I think his reputation is based on the fact that he’s young and that he has already managed Bayern. Just because Bayern hired him doesn’t mean we should.

I’m unconvinced by Nagelsmann. What makes people think he’s the best available coach out there? I think his reputation is based on the fact that he’s young and that he has already managed Bayern. Just because Bayern hired him doesn’t mean we should.
Look at why Bayern hired him instead of the fact that he did. He did amazing with smaller clubs in the league and CL.

Look at why Bayern hired him instead of the fact that he did. He did amazing with smaller clubs in the league and CL.
Were they all that amazing though? In comparison to other candidates? Red Bull Leipzig are heavily backed. I think the fact that he started managing at a high level at such a relatively young age boosted his profile and could make him look better than the reality.
I do think he’s an interesting possibility but I’m wary.

Were they all that amazing though? In comparison to other candidates? Red Bull Leipzig are heavily backed. I think the fact that he started managing at a high level at such a relatively young age boosted his profile and could make him look better than the reality.
I do think he’s an interesting possibility but I’m wary.

Don't worry, we will break him ..

Yeah, that was the gist of what I said. Him not fancying Spurs would not be out of the blue, however. It would probably be that Levy didn't convince him. And Levy not convincing him doesn't mean it's Levy's fault either. It would all depend on what JN wants and if it's a bridge too far for us. Especially since we got burnt with Jose and Conte.

Ahy bad, I didn't fully take in that last paragraph, your first sentence was rather absolute on the only possibility is about Levy not convincing him. If it doesn't feel right for JN then whatever Levy will say / can offer won't matter. And there could be some surprise high profile jobs that come up between now and the start of next season.

It's a gamble for both club and manager but I guess that could be said of any appointment ever...

To be fair, he was hot property before Bayern, so that's a bit unfair.
I do share your concerns though. The AVB alarm is poised. Hiring a manager is a huge undertaking and fraught with risk.

I think Pochs ticks more boxes than other gettable managers. After him, Nagelsmann brings the arrogance risk (SPurs are beneath him, like Conte) which would mean I personally wouldnt go for him however I can understand why we might go for him, and other manager options bring other risks which Nagelsmann doesnt

Either way, would be good to get this wrapped up asap

I think Pochs ticks more boxes than other gettable managers. After him, Nagelsmann brings the arrogance risk (SPurs are beneath him, like Conte) which would mean I personally wouldnt go for him however I can understand why we might go for him, and other manager options bring other risks which Nagelsmann doesnt

I don’t get where this beneath him stuff comes from. He was at Bayern for a relative short time. Before that all other clubs he was at are smaller clubs than Spurs in smaller leagues than the PL.

If he was at Bayern for several years and before that Barcelona and Inter Milan etc you’d have a point.

Also considering the above reality, if it goes badly for him at Spurs he is not going to get an elite club after us, so he’d have to go again at another Spurs level club at best.

Therefore if you actually think about it logically for a second, this alleged attitude he would have towards us that you and others keep repeating virtually makes no sense whatsoever.

I don’t get where this beneath him stuff comes from. He was at Bayern for a relative short time. Before that all other clubs he was at are smaller clubs than Spurs in smaller leagues than the PL.

If he was at Bayern for several years and before that Barcelona and Inter Milan etc you’d have a point.

Also considering the above reality, if it goes badly for him at Spurs he is not going to get an elite club after us, so he’d have to go again at another Spurs level club at best.

Therefore if you actually think about it logically for a second, this alleged attitude he would have towards us that you and others keep repeating virtually makes no sense whatsoever.
Especially if you believe that tweet on the previous page (massive IF!), suggesting Naggelsman thinks “big club, big potential”.

Where does this idea that Nagelsmann would think we're beneath him come from?

Think it's BS tbh. From what I can see he's looking for a club that he feels is a good fit for him otherwise, he would've taken the Chelsea job.
Whether or not he feels we're a good fit for him is a different question.

Back