• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Enter the naglesmann

Munn, Spors, Nagelsmann would be a start as is the scouting network put in place by Paratici but as I just alluded to in the Enic thread, this sort of thing should have been firmly in place many many years ago.

Why in the hell was our setup until relatively recently basically just Steve Hitchen and a few favours thrown over the fence by Pleat.

Absolute dereliction of duty by Levy. A total disgrace and embarrassing.

As long as we have our man wrapped up well before pre season, I'm happy.

Personally I'd like to see it done by end of May, and the DoF too. Guess it also depends on what is meant be 'wrapped up' though

There's so much work (important signings, lots of sales/loans) to be done on shaping the squad for next season....

Brighton had already lost those players before he arrived so he didn't actually have to deal with losing them it was Potter who transitioned the team past that

I still wouldn't mind Potter, think he'll do well somewhere. Won't happen as the board won't take another ex Chelsea and would probably feel underwhelming given how it ended there but I think given time and the right environment he'll do well. Chelsea have someone been even worse since he left.

too bad he's a temperamental child, his behavior against Spurs probably cost him any serious consideration
If he ticks all the other boxes and he has the team fighting for him and for each other, I don't think that his behavior against Spurs would even register.

The more I think of it, if we do not get JN it will be because he couldn't agree to terms with the club. There really is no competition for his services; we have a clear run at him. The main competition was Chelsea and, apart from them, that's pretty much it bar perhaps PSG. Would PSG be an appealing proposition for him? Moneywise and squad quality probably yes, but walking the league there is not exactly a challenge. And if could turn out to be another Bayern situation.

Real Madrid? Even if Ancelotti leaves, would they turn to JN, or would they go for Poch or even Gallardo?

Forget Italy or any other team in Spain not named Barca/Real/Atletico. They couldn't afford him. Maaaybe Juve, but are they in for a new manager? Would they prefer Conte instead?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I can't see them firing Howe after the work he has done with them to bring in JN.

So it's really just us. And him and Levy agreeing to terms. It's not nailed on, as he could sit out a year, get paid handsomely, and see what unfolds over the course of the season or next summer. But right now it feels like it's just him and us.

The more I think of it, if we do not get JN it will be because he couldn't agree to terms with the club. There really is no competition for his services; we have a clear run at him. The main competition was Chelsea and, apart from them, that's pretty much it bar perhaps PSG. Would PSG be an appealing proposition for him? Moneywise and squad quality probably yes, but walking the league there is not exactly a challenge. And if could turn out to be another Bayern situation.

Real Madrid? Even if Ancelotti leaves, would they turn to JN, or would they go for Poch or even Gallardo?

Forget Italy or any other team in Spain not named Barca/Real/Atletico. They couldn't afford him. Maaaybe Juve, but are they in for a new manager? Would they prefer Conte instead?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I can't see them firing Howe after the work he has done with them to bring in JN.

So it's really just us. And him and Levy agreeing to terms. It's not nailed on, as he could sit out a year, get paid handsomely, and see what unfolds over the course of the season or next summer. But right now it feels like it's just him and us.

Or, he could not not fancy it and would rather wait for a better option?

I'm on board with the idea of him but it's not Levy's fault if it turns out he'd rather bide his time (not suggesting you're saying that explicitly).

None of this really matters, we are small time and are never going to do anything anyway.

In some slither of good news is the ancelotti to brazil links are resurfacing which could be why the chavs have been unable to secure/announce poch yet.
Thats the spirit.

I doubt PSG will be appealing to anyone who wants to enhance their reputation, if its for the money then they are super appealing, squad wise, Messi is off in the summer, the fans have been protesting outside Neymars house telling him to leave and Mbappe keeps lifting his skirt for Madrid. Its a bigger brick show than us.

Back