• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Why is that a fairer wager? People are describing Chelsea as a basket case that Poch would be made to join. If one feels that Chelsea are such a basket case then surely they would happily bet that they won't win a trophy before we do, or that they won't win more than we will over the next 10 years?

For the record I'll also take that bet, I think Poch will last longer at Chelsea than whoever Levy's next fall guy is at Spurs.
I think that Poch will need to start strong, the Chelsea fans will have very little patience with him due to his Spurs connection.

Apart from the other logical reason that you don't phone someone if you have no intention of offering them the job?
Why would you have no intention of offering somebody the job who is obviously qualified for the job before talking to them about it and finding out what their plans for the team would be? I guess two reasons could be that the persons salary demand is too high (unlikely) or perhaps because you're not prepared to swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake previously?

Why is that a fairer wager? People are describing Chelsea as a basket case that Poch would be made to join. If one feels that Chelsea are such a basket case then surely they would happily bet that they won't win a trophy before we do, or that they won't win more than we will over the next 10 years?

For the record I'll also take that bet, I think Poch will last longer at Chelsea than whoever Levy's next fall guy is at Spurs.
They're discussing the setup at Chelsea not being compatible with Poch.

It's a fairer wager because you want an even money bet on a club that has won 20 trophies to our 1.

I'm just the market maker, making fairer flip of a coin bets.

Why would you have no intention of offering somebody the job who is obviously qualified for the job before talking to them about it and finding out what their plans for the team would be? I guess two reasons could be that the persons salary demand is too high (unlikely) or perhaps because you're not prepared to swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake previously?
Or you think others may be even better suited

my job… I was called about 6 months before hand and turned it down

then I got harassed as a guy I knew was a director here

I thought on, I’ll go for it. I assumed it was a home run

turned out they were still talking to 14 other people. None who would have been as a good as I knew them all…

It happens

the more intriguing part is that we wanted him when he was at PSG so what’s changed.. that I don’t get

They're discussing the setup at Chelsea not being compatible with Poch.

It's a fairer wager because you want an even money bet on a club that has won 20 trophies to our 1.

I'm just the market maker, making fairer flip of a coin bets.
But I keep on hearing that is in the past and under a different set of owners etc.... Either Chelsea are a basket case that Poch shouldn't want to join or they are a trophy winning behemoth that a manager would love to join to claim major trophies... You need to pick a side and stick to it.

As I said though I'd take any of those bets. I doubt Levy's next deflection shield will last longer than Poch at Chelsea.

Or you think others may be even better suited

my job… I was called about 6 months before hand and turned it down

then I got harassed as a guy I knew was a director here

I thought on, I’ll go for it. I assumed it was a home run

turned out they were still talking to 14 other people. None who would have been as a good as I knew them all…

It happens

the more intriguing part is that we wanted him when he was at PSG so what’s changed.. that I don’t get
Hence why I have my theory about Poch not being interested in the job at Spurs at present.

I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that if they are not thinking like we are, they wouldn't call him.

General reports. Like those general reports saying he was dying to come back top us that summer of 2021 and earlier this year:D
I very much doubt it will happen.

Happy to change my avatar to John Terry if it does happen though

Were there such reports this year? To the volume of what we are seeing now over multiple sources? I mean whatever makes you sleep easier I suppose

The last time he was 100% on the radar and I know because my team signed him in under covid protocols at the TG before the PSG spanner...

Anyway I look forward to your new avatar

Were there such reports this year? To the volume of what we are seeing now over multiple sources? I mean whatever makes you sleep easier I suppose

The last time he was 100% on the radar and I know because my team signed him in under covid protocols at the TG before the PSG spanner...

Anyway I look forward to your new avatar

As i say there were reports he was on our radar and that he's love to come back (remembers that one saying he'd been in contact with some players etc?)..now there are reports that he's on Chelseas...so these things have an ebb and flow that at times doesn't make sense.

FWIW, i wouldn't want him to return his his sake as much as anything else.

But i don't think he'll join Chelsea - and i'll welcome avatar suggestions wheh he does (won't be much worse than my current one anyway...)

As i say there were reports he was on our radar and that he's love to come back (remembers that one saying he'd been in contact with some players etc?)..now there are reports that he's on Chelseas...so these things have an ebb and flow that at times doesn't make sense.

FWIW, i wouldn't want him to return his his sake as much as anything else.

But i don't think he'll join Chelsea - and i'll welcome avatar suggestions wheh he does (won't be much worse than my current one anyway...)

JOhn Terrys mum a kimbo

Our next manager will also need to start strong, otherwise the chairman will sack them. Our manager will also likely have a big Harry Kane problem hanging over them.
To expand on this a little.... I think Boehly actually gave Potter more time to turn things around than Levy would give a Spurs manager in the same circumstances. Pochettino got only 12 games of the 2019 season and that was with 4 straight CL's qualifications and a CL final in the bag. Nuno got just 10 games in season 2021?....

My assumption on that is that Levy prefers Nagelsman, who we'd also chased before

Yeah probably, makes sense because he'd have less of a clue as to how things go and wouldn't make demands from a position of insider knowledge.

Quite likely why our DOF type appointments will be from leagues where they have no clue about ENIC/Levy's reputations:D

Back