• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New DoF Poll (The Less Grease More Ethos Edition)

Who do you want for our next DoF

• Michael Edwards

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Paul Mitchell

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Ralf Ragnick

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Rui Pedro Braz (Benfica)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Luís Campos (PSG)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Giovanni Sartori (Bologna)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ramon Planes (ex-Barca)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
It should be open access then if it was based on publicly funded research
I didnt think Unis in the UK were considered as publicallu funded? Dont Universities make pretty tight claims to research made under their umbrella, effectively owning all patents and research done by their students.

Certainly the case in the US

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

https://theathletic.com/3029279/202...on-tony-bloom-matthew-benham-brentford/?amp=1

Interesting article on the set ups. Seems set ups have been replicated across the board from Brighton to Brentford, including the companies they own, how they recruited and also owning second clubs to shake and bake signings

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Best of frenemies
The owners don’t like each other
The High Performance pod with the Brentford’s Phil Dykes is well worth a listen to understand their philosophy and model

I didnt think Unis in the UK were considered as publicallu funded? Dont Universities make pretty tight claims to research made under their umbrella, effectively owning all patents and research done by their students.

Certainly the case in the US

They are publicly funded, but not public sector (they are technically charities). It comes through two quangos (OfS and UKRI), but it's public money.

It all changed a decade or so ago with a big policy shift called 'open access'. Now all findings and a lot of raw data needs to be made freely available (no publisher paywalls or embargos) - it's conditions of the funding

They are publicly funded, but not public sector (they are technically charities). It comes through two quangos (OfS and UKRI), but it's public money.

It all changed a decade or so ago with a big policy shift called 'open access'. Now all findings and a lot of raw data needs to be made freely available (no publisher paywalls or embargos) - it's conditions of the funding

Then why was the astra zeneca vaccine not open access? It was originally developed by oxford university.

Edit - according to this students will usually own the ip of any work they produce. https://www.csd.org.uk/design-insight/who-owns-intellectual-property-design-students/

Last edited:
Back