• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Why is it clear? The same excuses were made when he was poor under AVB also. We've got a front 4, surely one of those could do what you claim Poch is asking Ade to do? I understand pulling defenders away from the centre is important as I play up front, but you've still got to get in the box as often as possible and he doesn't do it enough, I can't for the life of me think Poch is telling him to stay clear of the penalty area altogether.

It's clear because in the majority of 4231 systems (played by both AVB and Poch) the CF spends much of their time doing this, even more so when playing inverted wingers. Inverted wingers naturally look to come inside, the only two options the CF has is to show short with his back to goal for a ball to feet, or to make a run across the goal to pull defenders out of the way in order to create space for the inverted winger to shoot/run into.

Seeing Ade making these runs, pulling players out wide etc etc doesn't really annoy me, there is a purpose to it. What does annoy me is when you see him on the half way line picking the ball up off our right back.

i think we're getting the balance wrong atm with the CF going out wide - i understand the idea to make space for the 3 AMs to move in to but i would assume this is done by dragging the CB with you - if you spend all the time out wide then the CB is not going to be dragged out of position he'll just leave you to the full back

@FourFourTwo: Chadli concedes he considered #THFC future - 'There were some interesting offers this summer' http://fft.sm/hwSRkK
"There were some interesting offers this summer, but I wanted to stay at Spurs. I wanted to fight for my place because I know I have a lot of beautiful things to show," Chadli told reporters.

"I'm a warrior. Someone who wants to fight for his chance. In the beginning it wasn't easy for me. I was one of the players Pochettino hadn't invited for an individual meeting. So I didn't really know what to expect.

"But I've reacted by working hard during the week. I grabbed my chance during a [UEFA] Europa League game in Cyprus, where I came in 20 minutes before the end of the game.

"The next game, against QPR, I scored twice and since then I'd always play."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/chadli-weighed-tottenham-exit#06e4sOtVZUHizPMB.99

@Squawka: Nacer Chadli has been involved in 55.5% of Spurs' 9 goals in the Premier League this season (4 goals & 1 assist).

If Nacer keeps that up we might end up more dependent upon him than we were upon Bale!

@FourFourTwo: Chadli concedes he considered #THFC future - 'There were some interesting offers this summer' http://fft.sm/hwSRkK

@Squawka: Nacer Chadli has been involved in 55.5% of Spurs' 9 goals in the Premier League this season (4 goals & 1 assist).

If Nacer keeps that up we might end up more dependent upon him than we were upon Bale!

Nacer has a lot of similar attributes to Bale (oh GHod please don't jump on this, i'm not saying he's as good a player), he's tall, strong, got an eye for goal, deceptively fast, decent technique.

Don't think we'll become as reliant on him as unlike Bale i don't think he's a game-changer all on his own, but as part of a functioning attacking unit, I think he'll get 15 or so goals this season, which is an excellent return.

don't forget that chadli is still young and can yet improve. one thing going for him is awareness and anticipation. more like lineker to me, always looking like he's in the right place at the right time, and will only be appreciated by some for a lot of hardwork and running before the ball is played.

I have been pleasantly surprised by his emergence as a key player this term. Hopefully he can continue to improve. Go Chadders!

I too am enjoying Chadders this season, if only he'd start tucking away the easy ones then we'll have a great player on our hands :)

Done well so far this season but missed some important shots. First half against Arsenal, the Liverpool game which i think may have pulled us level? The Southampton game to tie it up. The positives are he is getting in the positions to have the opportunities and i'm sure he could be more prolific as time goes by.

Just need Lamela and Eriksen to start find the net regularly and we could have 30 goals from the trio this season.

He is the player that Paulinho ought to be. Chadli has achieved far more with us but scores the goal, and creates the attacking play, that many had expected the Invisible Man to have been capable of achieving.

I think we can expect more goals from Chadli.

I mean at 19 he scored 17 goals in 30 games for a Dutch second division side and the season before he signed for us he scored 10 in 22. He's in a much better team now, with very talented players in a position thatll get him chances.

I think we can expect more goals from Chadli.

I mean at 19 he scored 17 goals in 30 games for a Dutch second division side and the season before he signed for us he scored 10 in 22. He's in a much better team now, with very talented players in a position thatll get him chances.

indeed he is on pace to get 20 goals this season not sure if he will get there but early signs say he has a chance

Fingers crossed he can keep up this scoring rate for a bit longer than our notoriously streaky strikers...

@mixedknuts: Last but not least... who needs Adebayor when you have Nacer Chadli? .78NPG! (He'll regress some). #surprise
Bzc5rs5CEAEie_r.png

Fingers crossed he can keep up this scoring rate for a bit longer than our notoriously streaky strikers...

@mixedknuts: Last but not least... who needs Adebayor when you have Nacer Chadli? .78NPG! (He'll regress some). #surprise
Bzc5rs5CEAEie_r.png

Ted Knutson can't hide his Arsenal bias can he? For Welbeck it was "this will get much better" but for Chadli it's "he'll regress"

Back