• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

All I am saying is that when are central striker is not scoring goals is it any wonder that the whole team struggles to score goals?

9 goals in 7 league matches is a pathetic return for our club, a major factor is Ade's inability to score this season

All I am saying is that when are central striker is not scoring goals is it any wonder that the whole team struggles to score goals?

9 goals in 7 league matches is a pathetic return for our club, a major factor is Ade's inability to score this season

Really?? I think strikers the world over would be very proud of that strikerate...

I really like Chadli.

I was one of those defending him last year and I am glad he's showing his talent. Seems to be involved in all of our goals whether an assist or goals, and its great to have someone like that, how good would his goal have been? Keep it up Chadli

Chadli has done well to score 4 goals so far. But just can't see him being a prolific scorer for us. He is not clinical enough in front of goal. He wasted a golden chance in the first half when he mis kicked the ball with only the goalie to beat. We badly need a prolific striker who don't waste such chances.

I can only assume drugs were involved when this was written.

FFS Jane can drop deep, I want my sole striker to score some fcuking goals. One fcuking goal in 7 league starts and people are defending him WTF

I know this is the Chadli thread but I completely agree with this. Remember two years ago when people were crediting Adebayor partly for Bale's success :lol: No doubt there will still be posters defending him if he goes another 8 games or so without a goal.

I really like Chadli.

I was one of those defending him last year and I am glad he's showing his talent. Seems to be involved in all of our goals whether an assist or goals, and its great to have someone like that, how good would his goal have been? Keep it up Chadli

slow but steady ! he makes a lot of runs off the ball, but i've noticed that he has been more daring of late occupying the positions where ade should've been, conversely ade finds himself shafted out at LW, so that works out fine for me !

I really like Chadli.

Would have been a brilliant goal the way he took the ball into space and behind the defender with a sublime touch was pure class really deserved a goal he is bang in form

no it isnt.
what is he the only one thats meant to score? others can chip in too you know.

no the biggest factor is a our lacklustre displays as a team in general

slow but steady ! he makes a lot of runs off the ball, but i've noticed that he has been more daring of late occupying the positions where ade should've been, conversely ade finds himself shafted out at LW, so that works out fine for me !

good spot

Perhaps they are taking up his position because they think someone's got a score/get in the box and it ain't gunna be Ade at this point.

no it isnt.
what is he the only one thats meant to score? others can chip in too you know.

no the biggest factor is a our lacklustre displays as a team in general

Plus a relatively tough start where we've had to play away in two London derbies against WHam (with 10 men), Arsenal and home v Liverpool. West Brom aside which was a bit of a nightmare (every team has at least one a season) then in our other 3 games we've scored 7 goals.

Would have been a brilliant goal the way he took the ball into space and behind the defender with a sublime touch was pure class really deserved a goal he is bang in form

I thought that after his first (good) touch his subsequent touces were poor. He had the opportunity to take the ball central and have both sides of the goal to aim at to beat the keeper, but instead took the ball to the left making it quite difficult to beat the keeper and score. It was as though he was favouring his left foot instead of trusting his right (although I'm not sure whether he is left or right footed?... I always thought right footed as he was an inverted left sided player?)

Perhaps they are taking up his position because they think someone's got a score/get in the box and it ain't gunna be Ade at this point.

It is simply because that is they way that Pochettino is asking the team to play. I think it is pretty clear that Adebayor is being asked to pull the oppositions centre halves around to create space for our 3 attacking midfielders to run into. Chadli seems to have the least defensive responsibility of our 3 attacking midfielders and therefore is the one who most often ends up in the goalscoring positions. At the weekend I noticed one of the players (can't remember which one - might've been Ericksen?) having a real go at Chadli when he had failed to track the run of Southampton's right back as he bombed forward. I noticed that after that Chadli seemed to take a more defensive position (but was then less effective in our attacks).

I thought that after his first (good) touch his subsequent touces were poor. He had the opportunity to take the ball central and have both sides of the goal to aim at to beat the keeper, but instead took the ball to the left making it quite difficult to beat the keeper and score. It was as though he was favouring his left foot instead of trusting his right (although I'm not sure whether he is left or right footed?... I always thought right footed as he was an inverted left sided player?)

disagree with the run, he ran across the defend meaning he either fouls him for a red or needs to slow down. If he ran central then the defender is along side him ready to slide. Just unlucky with the finish

disagree with the run, he ran across the defend meaning he either fouls him for a red or needs to slow down. If he ran central then the defender is along side him ready to slide. Just unlucky with the finish

He is also not a top drawyer, clinical striker. IE Aguero
He looks like he will be a very effective wide forward though. Possibly even a central striker

If we have a fluid front four, it will involve the CF pulling into Chanel's or dropping deep, creating bits if space. Chadli seems good at putting himself in that space.

He is also not a top drawyer, clinical striker. IE Aguero
He looks like he will be a very effective wide forward though. Possibly even a central striker

If we have a fluid front four, it will involve the CF pulling into Chanel's or dropping deep, creating bits if space. Chadli seems good at putting himself in that space.

Thing is Chadli ISN'T a striker, he's a winger/AM so I don't expect him to score the amount of goals you appear to. However a return of 4 goals in 5 league games this season isn't too shabby.

Back