• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

He reminds me of Carrick. So many good touches, awareness of what is going on around him and cultured on the ball. But he is the man that feeds the guys that assist. So he goes a little un-noticed to a certain degree. Is obviously quality and I think he could do more if played further forward. Maybe Dembele should sit and it should be one of Benteleb or Mason?
I think he could play further upfield as you say, he could also play LM and forge a good partnership with Rose. Also, ash showed he can play LB, however, I would say, DM is his least favoured position, as he doesn't protect his CBs, well enough or track runners with vigour. He may improve in these aspects but he also needs to pass forward more.
Bear in mind the cross he delivered for Kane against Arse, we should play him left side and move Chadli to compete with Lamela for the RM role, play Dembele, alongside Mason and Eriksen in AM.
Although we conceded stack loads of goals, one of the corollaries is that we don't score enough goals, even when we dominate possession, we will have to play, Chadli, Eriksen or get people all over the pitch to contribute.

Said it before and will it again, cm behind the 3. Feeder, enforcer and the one that's sets our tempo. Always reminds me of souness, precision steel.

I think he could play further upfield as you say, he could also play LM and forge a good partnership with Rose. Also, ash showed he can play LB, however, I would say, DM is his least favoured position, as he doesn't protect his CBs, well enough or track runners with vigour. He may improve in these aspects but he also needs to pass forward more.
Bear in mind the cross he delivered for Kane against Arse, we should play him left side and move Chadli to compete with Lamela for the RM role, play Dembele, alongside Mason and Eriksen in AM.
Although we conceded stack loads of goals, one of the corollaries is that we don't score enough goals, even when we dominate possession, we will have to play, Chadli, Eriksen or get people all over the pitch to contribute.

So the position he's played in at least 90% of his games this season is his least favoured position? Despite the consensus that he's had a fantastic season...

Let me get this right, because Nabil put in a perfect cross from the left flank you think he should play on the left side instead of Chadli? Well, methinks the natural corollary of that would be to play Dier on the right flank instead of Lamela because on Sunday he put in a perfect "Beckham like" cross from the right flank

Bentaleb is not an enforcer, Dembele deep w/Mason in front actually looked more protecting than usual Mason/Bentaleb pivot.

Back 4 - DM - Chadli/Eriksen/Bentaleb/Lamela (with Mason as option for either Chadli/Lamela) - Kane to me makes more sense

Have Eriksen/Bantaleb cycling the ball, Mason/Lamela/Chadli can be more forward, and there is a player protecting the back 4, covering for the FBs out of position

Said it since his breakthrough...the boy is a future skipper, he has the perfect spirit and drive, he is an excellent player who WILL get even better because he has the appetite and aptitude to do so, and his turn at LB on Sunday was simply confirmation of the young man's versatility and talents.

Bentaleb is not an enforcer, Dembele deep w/Mason in front actually looked more protecting than usual Mason/Bentaleb pivot.

Back 4 - DM - Chadli/Eriksen/Bentaleb/Lamela (with Mason as option for either Chadli/Lamela) - Kane to me makes more sense

Have Eriksen/Bantaleb cycling the ball, Mason/Lamela/Chadli can be more forward, and there is a player protecting the back 4, covering for the FBs out of position

But where do we find that DM who isn't a big step backwards on the ball compared to Bentaleb?

Bentaleb has made big steps defensively this season, I say give him some more time in that role and I think he'll continue to grow.

But where do we find that DM who isn't a big step backwards on the ball compared to Bentaleb?

Bentaleb has made big steps defensively this season, I say give him some more time in that role and I think he'll continue to grow.

Not saying it's the answer or the way forward but Stambouli is pretty useful on the ball and good defending (imo). I actually like what I've seen of him (albeit little).

Milos Veljkovic has recently said it's his goal to break into the Spurs 1st team next season, he spent two years playing alongside Nabil in central midfield(as well as at CB).

yeah, rumours are bentaleb could be seeking exit.. although it is coming from spurs twitters who exaggerate the truth.

Not saying it's the answer or the way forward but Stambouli is pretty useful on the ball and good defending (imo). I actually like what I've seen of him (albeit little).

If we replace Bentaleb with Stambouli or someone at his level as a first choice I would be shocked.

Apparently talks on his new contract has stalled

Nothing to worry about at this point imo. He has 3 years left on his current contract and we're just now seeing the end of the season, plenty of summer left to negotiate. Could easily just be a negotiating strategy from his agent.

Once he adds goals to his game, he will be awesome. I think he has the ability to score 5 a season at least. We saw a few long range shots from him early in the season which were promising. Much more to come from this lad. Only 20 years old.

Out of the group of youngsters he would be my worry about looking out, think we should be making him Captain next season and give him a bumper pay rise. Superb player who will grow & grow

from Foot Mercato on twitter #excluFM Nabil Bentaleb serait mécontent de son traitement à Tottenham et serait enclin à quitter les Spurs

translates to Nabil Bentaleb is unhappy with his treatment at Tottenham and would be inclined to leave Spurss

Back