• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Anyone else a bit concerned by these stories about Bentaleb refusing to sign a new contract and not feeling entirely happy at Spurs? His development has definitely been one of the big positives of last season. He's still not the finished article, but definitely has the potential to be a top class midfielder over the next few years. So, needless to say, it'd be good if he was at Spurs when that happens.

Iirc he has been offered in the rdgion of 30k a week. Yes its a lot of money but in PL terms and for a side chasing top 4 its a pretty low sum compared to the players he is up against week in week out.

Bentaleb has to be careful he doesn't take bad advice. He may be worth more than 30K, but he's 20, and he isn't going to find a higher level club where he gets to play every game, and how good he turns out to be will be heavily influenced by his next 2-3 years of development.

Hopefully we meet somewhere in the middle and sort it out.

I hope we play this one smart. This boy has a massive future ahead of him and if we let him slip through our fingers I think we'll really regret it.

I hope we play this one smart. This boy has a massive future ahead of him and if we let him slip through our fingers I think we'll really regret it.

well i think his current contract is until 2018, so he too has to be careful not to not push it too much and kick off or he will just be sent to the reserves i guess

i think an offer of 40-50k a week should be acceptable to both parties. Heck of a lot of money but he has shown his talent, he will only get better, and he himself will be happy that the club consider him to be worth that much at this time

well i think his current contract is until 2018, so he too has to be careful not to not push it too much and kick off or he will just be sent to the reserves i guess

i think an offer of 40-50k a week should be acceptable to both parties. Heck of a lot of money but he has shown his talent, he will only get better, and he himself will be happy that the club consider him to be worth that much at this time
2018. Longer than I though actually. Puts us in a fairly strong position really. Good.

2018. Longer than I though actually. Puts us in a fairly strong position really. Good.
But regardless, pay him what he's worth. How much would we pay a replacement, unsettled in our team, without the bond he's got. He deserves more than most in our team, you could argue only say Kane, Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Chadli are worth more/similar to the team. Without even contemplating what we pay Ade, Soldado, Paulihno.

Bentaleb has to be careful he doesn't take bad advice. He may be worth more than 30K, but he's 20, and he isn't going to find a higher level club where he gets to play every game, and how good he turns out to be will be heavily influenced by his next 2-3 years of development.

Hopefully we meet somewhere in the middle and sort it out.

Most people on here think Bentaleb is the best central midfielder we have at the club and most of you would ideally want Schneiderlin to play alongside him. If Schneiderlin joined us he would be one of the highest paid players at the club, definitely north of 60K so why should Bentaleb not expect a decent pay rise. Are we surprised that we talk about him as if he is our best central midfielder that he wants a commensurate salary

He has being playing better than the likes of Soldado, Adebayor and Lamela so why should he be penalised because he is just 20.

Sign or fudge off its that simple. Not a big fan tbh. Yes he's had a decent season but nothing great.

Last edited:
Sign or fudge off its that simple. Not a big fan tbh. Yes he's had a decent season but nothing great.

It was great according to his age, plus we are not famous with respecting players wishes, If he signs a new contract and then he want to move on or want a bigger deal, all will say that he has a contract and he should respect it, so I support him to get a decent contract which I think all he wantes.

I am always careful about flimflam I read in the media because most of it is brick, however if he really is asking for a big pay rise then he is getting carried away by the hype about him. He has played 40 games for us, is only 20 and needs to have a good season next year before he starts demanding, if he continues to progress then he deserves one but one season should not turn him into a prima donna ( imo).

I am always careful about hogwash I read in the media because most of it is crud, however if he really is asking for a big pay rise then he is getting carried away by the hype about him. He has played 40 games for us, is only 20 and needs to have a good season next year before he starts demanding, if he continues to progress then he deserves one but one season should not turn him into a prima donna ( imo).

Not that his season has been quite of the same level, but Kane was given a better pay ride & he's only had one good season. I think Kane was better than Bentaleb but I'm not debating player quality, I'm debating length of time player has to be playing at a set level to have those performances truly recognised.

Not that his season has been quite of the same level, but Kane was given a better pay ride & he's only had one good season. I think Kane was better than Bentaleb but I'm not debating player quality, I'm debating length of time player has to be playing at a set level to have those performances truly recognised.

True, but the main difference is Kane has been here for six years and Bentaleb 2. And I do not remember Kane making demands like Betaleb is supposed to be making, but as I said in my earlier post I would be very wary of believing the flimflam in the press and is why I said IF true.

Seems like it. Literally.

I am always careful about hogwash I read in the media because most of it is crud, however if he really is asking for a big pay rise then he is getting carried away by the hype about him. He has played 40 games for us, is only 20 and needs to have a good season next year before he starts demanding, if he continues to progress then he deserves one but one season should not turn him into a prima donna ( imo).

Just the agent playing the game I think. He's a fantastic talent, but isn't hyped up as much as some comparable talents are at his age. Drumming up a bit of interest with other clubs, showing Spurs that he's not desperate to sign etc.

That's the way I see it at least.

Can't say that Bentaleb seems like a prima donna at all.

Back