• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

“To be honest, no,” Bentaleb replied when asked if he was happy with his season by the Spurs official website.

“I need goals, assists and to be stronger in every part of my game. I know I can do that. I can be better in my passing and my defending. It’s been a positive season because I’m improving, but I’m not at the level I want to be yet. For instance, I really should have scored with my header at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It’s situations like that where I know I need to improve but I’ve learned many things. If I want to get better, I know I can’t sleep on what I’ve done so far, I can’t stand still. The best players always want more, they push themselves all the time. I’m confident, I want to learn and the gaffer will help me progress. I’m only at the beginning and I can push further.”

Good words from a 20 year old just ending his first full season in the PL

“To be honest, no,” Bentaleb replied when asked if he was happy with his season by the Spurs official website.

“I need goals, assists and to be stronger in every part of my game. I know I can do that. I can be better in my passing and my defending. It’s been a positive season because I’m improving, but I’m not at the level I want to be yet. For instance, I really should have scored with my header at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It’s situations like that where I know I need to improve but I’ve learned many things. If I want to get better, I know I can’t sleep on what I’ve done so far, I can’t stand still. The best players always want more, they push themselves all the time. I’m confident, I want to learn and the gaffer will help me progress. I’m only at the beginning and I can push further.”

Loving that... :)

That's the kind of attitude that has been way too rare at our club for way too long.

Players like him, Eriksen and Kane are great examples for any of the younger players (I guess that now means 18 year olds lol) to look up to.

They are all young and talented, but instead of resting on that they push themselves to get even better.

Next club captain (following Lloris)

I still find it funny that an Algerian calls an Argentinian 'gaffer'

I think he is a very rare, and very special, young player for many reasons. This is one of them. There is a sniff of the Roy Keanes about him with regards to his drive and maturity...

This boy gives me the sense he's capable of going all the way. Such rapid development not only in the Premier League but on the international stage is rare. Give him the right partner in midfield and he will flourish then we'll see his goals/assists increase.

When's he's playing well he seems almost constantly involved in play.

He's got to develop. And at just 20 he will. Maybe Poch needs to ease Bentaleb in a little more. Give him time out of the team to reflect and work on his game. Its testament to his ability that when fit he plays.

The guys got the right attitude, he wants to go all the way and has intelligence and commitment. Working on his shooting and runs into the box is key. He has a decent shot already, but scoring regularly will take him to that next level. Cult status.

I understand he's done fantastically well in his first season but im not on the bandwagon just yet and remain unconvinced. Looking forward to seeing him next season though.

I know it is easy to overhype a player but the more I see this guy the more I get the feeling I am looking at Ledley King's natural successor. Obviously Nabil plays in a slightly more advanced role , but he has that same calmness and is comfortable on the ball, and eye for a pass. As Roy says above there is still a long way to go and he can sloppily give away possession which he needs to cut out. I put that down to being young. To complete his development we need to put an experienced midfielder next to him, like naybet did for King. One of the reasons imo we need to upgrade on Mason. I believe along with Kane we have unearthed an outstanding prospect.

I know it is easy to overhype a player but the more I see this guy the more I get the feeling I am looking at Ledley King's natural successor. Obviously Nabil plays in a slightly more advanced role , but he has that same calmness and is comfortable on the ball, and eye for a pass. As Roy says above there is still a long way to go and he can sloppily give away possession which he needs to cut out. I put that down to being young. To complete his development we need to put an experienced midfielder next to him, like naybet did for King. One of the reasons imo we need to upgrade on Mason. I believe along with Kane we have unearthed an outstanding prospect.

As you have gathered, I agree. I make no apologies for nailing my colours to the mast last season when sherwood brought him in, and saying I felt he was a marvelous player in the making. I believe that more than ever. I don't get over-excited by players too often, but for me, he is quite simply that player who can be our leader for years to come.

Loving the attitude! That's what we want from our youngsters. Whether he will be as good as he and we want, remains to be seen, but it certainly dosent look like it's his attitude that will stop him.

Italian clubs are taking notice apparently.

Apart from Juve, they haven't got a pot to tinkle in. Most Italian transfer rumours are all talk and no action, basically a play to keep fans happy that their club is showing ambition before signing someone on the cheap.

Back