• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Very good game from him today. Back to his best and I thought he was our motm. Shame he didn't get the goal with that header...

seems to have been good opposition for players to get some sort of form in. Fazio/Vert, Chadli and Eriksen getting goals, Kane scoring his 30th. Bentaleb solid perofrmance.

I'm so glad someone got a vine of that touch today. The commentators just seemed to ignore it when we all know that if it were Rooney, Hazard etc, they would be replaying it at half time.

He was my MOTM today, moved the ball around really well and appeared to have been given licence to get forward more often, powering past their midfielders and probably should've got an assist with the pass into Lamela.

I'm so glad someone got a vine of that touch today. The commentators just seemed to ignore it when we all know that if it were Rooney, Hazard etc, they would be replaying it at half time.

He was my MOTM today, moved the ball around really well and appeared to have been given licence to get forward more often, powering past their midfielders and probably should've got an assist with the pass into Lamela.

what vine? link?

His best game for a while today, and MOTM for me. He had some great involvements. Superb through pass for Lamela's chance, a great chipped ball over the top for Kane (who fell over) and in general very good at relieving pressure with a good first though when receiving the ball.

I have at times wondered what kind of player he is, despite the fact that he is undoubtedly talented. Often seems like a good all round player, but not top class at anything. Today it seemed like he had more freedom to attack and I think this is a role that suits him better than when he is instructed to mostly sit in front of the defence. He showed signs of creativity that we definitely need more of from our midfielders.

Also showed his inexperience a couple of times, though. Lost possession in a very dangerous position once (which he does too often) and commited a very unnecessary free kick five minutes from time in a dangerous position.

I have been critical of him in the past, but today without Mason his role in the side was better defined and he revelled in it, I think him and Mason try to play in the same space but with Paulinho being more mobile he took charge more, good game today.

I have been critical of him in the past, but today without Mason his role in the side was better defined and he revelled in it, I think him and Mason try to play in the same space but with Paulinho being more mobile he took charge more, good game today.

I've been saying this for months, get a better partner, someone who can protect the defence, will be great for Bentaleb. Not only will the defence actually be protected, but Bentaleb, like for Algeria, may provide a better box to box and link to the front 4.

He needs to stop shooting from 30 yards though.

Was followed up too, a good pass to Chadli in space who set up Kane for his shot from a tight angle (towards the end of the first half).

Brilliant performance. Such a mature player for one so young. He's fast becoming my favourite player.

Thanks for posting that.

So mature, so composed, and so assured in what he does on the ball. One of those situations in the video Rose kinda got lost and almost gave away possession (not really seen in the video), Bentaleb just stepped in with all the decisiveness in the world, took control, and moved the ball on. Again and again he just seems to have ability beyond his years in those important mental aspects of the game.

I've been saying this for months, get a better partner, someone who can protect the defence, will be great for Bentaleb. Not only will the defence actually be protected, but Bentaleb, like for Algeria, may provide a better box to box and link to the front 4.

He needs to stop shooting from 30 yards though.

Actually he just needs to work on his balance when shooting, he hits the ball well, but really only in two ways, first is balanced and he is a goal threat, seen by some his goals for country and better shots for us, the second he leans back and gets under ball and skies it .. simple adjustment/coaching and he could be an additional threat from midfield.

Agree with a better DM behind him to give him more freedom, the clip shows some good passing range from him.

Back