• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Quite definitive and means we dont need to guess any more! Shame about Bentaleb and Pritchard as I had high hopes for both, however Poch is the boss and has delivered in his time at Spurs so difficult to doubt him

I have total faith in Poch right now. It's not like we are selling Kane, we are selling youngsters who didn't play for us last season. If he thinks that's the right move, then it's the right move.

Yesterday he was listed as injured with no return date on:

http://www.physioroom.com/affiliate/common/syndicate_table.php

However it seems since Poch's recent announcement his name has been removed.

Personally I think it is a shame because the season before last at just 19 he was bossing the midfield in a passionate North London derby and was a first choice midfielder in a team that finished 5th. Now in comparison Tom Carroll at 24 has not come remotely close to holding down a first team place.

I fully back Poch but I must confess from where I sit this seems a strange decision

I can only assume that Bentaleb is being a bit of a 'bad apple' in training/around the club?

I hope that Poch's admission that those players aren't in his plans does not impact the bids that other clubs make for them.

I can only assume that Bentaleb is being a bit of a 'bad apple' in training/around the club?

I hope that Poch's admission that those players aren't in his plans does not impact the bids that other clubs make for them.

I'm not sure it's a bad attitude per se - all the reports have always been that he is the hardest trainer etc.

I wonder if it's more about him being too uncompromising - i.e. unwilling to compromise/be moulded for the good of the collective.

PSG have always been rumoured to be interested. I wonder if there's any millage in a swap for the Rabiot guy we've apparently been looking at for a while

I wonder if it's more about him being too uncompromising - i.e. unwilling to compromise/be moulded for the good of the collective.

I think this is more right and is the impression which you get from the outside looking in. Bentaleb not the sort to adjust his way of playing etc in order to fit into the team. He is a real talent though so hope we loan him out for a year so that his value can go up and perhaps he matures in that time. If we flog him, I trust Levy will get a decent sell-on clause

Personally, I think this means we need a new CM to act as cover fro Dembele

Really disappointed, thought he had so much talent when he burst onto the scene. Fully support whatever Poch thinks, surely can only be his mental attitude....

Maybe Levy said he'd support Poch in the transfer window, but we'd need to balance the books. So Poch may not ideally want to part with said players, but it's necessary to buy the squad members he deemed vital.

Maybe Levy said he'd support Poch in the transfer window, but we'd need to balance the books. So Poch may not ideally want to part with said players, but it's necessary to buy the squad members he deemed vital.

Other than Fazio I don't think we are actively pushing anyone out, just means that they're available if a good enough offer comes in and they might not get much playing time if they stay (unless they somehow change Poch's mind through their efforts in training).

Other than Fazio I don't think we are actively pushing anyone out, just means that they're available if a good enough offer comes in and they might not get much playing time if they stay (unless they somehow change Poch's mind through their efforts in training).
If you publicly say they are not in your plans, you are basically telling them to do one. If we don't find buyers, they will definitely be loaned out.

Not surprised about this to be honest i said earlier this summer that we had too many ok players ( not the best though) as back up to the first picks, when we called on the bench last season it proved not good enough and it was obvious ( to me at least) that we needed better.

We have bought Wanyama in and i would think Poch will still be looking at other options as well.

We brought in wanyama...if poch had seen something in nabil I doubt we would have another mf

As we are in 4 competitions including the CL I would suggest Dembele, Dier, Bentaleb and Wanyama would be a solid quartet that a squad likes ours needs.

Amazingly Carroll is still here because I simply do not think he is remotely good enough.

As we are in 4 competitions including the CL I would suggest Dembele, Dier, Bentaleb and Wanyama would be a solid quartet that a squad likes ours needs.

Amazingly Carroll is still here because I simply do not think he is remotely good enough.

i don't think there is much between Bentaleb/Carroll and Mason - arguably Carroll is the most technically gifted of the three and certainly the best passer of them but his defensive contribution/physicality probably holds him back. Mason/Bentaleb have more energy/are more physically imposing but i imagine it's a question of attitude which has ultimately seen Bentaleb lose out

i don't think there is much between Bentaleb/Carroll and Mason - arguably Carroll is the most technically gifted of the three and certainly the best passer of them but his defensive contribution/physicality probably holds him back. Mason/Bentaleb have more energy/are more physically imposing but i imagine it's a question of attitude which has ultimately seen Bentaleb lose out

I see big differences.

At the moment Mason is clear in the lead of the three of them, with Bentaleb second and Carroll a distant third.

However in terms of potential, I see Bentaleb as up there not far behind Dier and Alli.

I'm not sure Carroll is a top flight player, certainly not in this country. He'd really benefit by doing a Samways and heading off to mid-table Spain or Italy.

I see big differences.

At the moment Mason is clear in the lead of the three of them, with Bentaleb second and Carroll a distant third.

However in terms of potential, I see Bentaleb as up there not far behind Dier and Alli.

I'm not sure Carroll is a top flight player, certainly not in this country. He'd really benefit by doing a Samways and heading off to mid-table Spain or Italy.

If he had that kind of potential i doubt we'd be showing him the door - maybe the transfer fee we receive when he is sold and/or the stature of the buying club will give some indication as to whether you're close to the mark on that or not. Having signed a new contract last year we should really be looking for close to 20m-30m if he has anywhere near the level of potential of Dier/Alli, my guess is it'd be more in the 5m-10m region - which will reflect on him as being an ok prospect, which i certainly think he is.

Carroll would probably benefit from playing in a more technical league like Spain undoubtedly - his awareness/passing ability and technique are only held back by his slight stature, sadly for him and players of his kind in this country the football here is very unforgiving - hopefully he can over come that, i wouldn't put money on it though.

Lots of good players have some sort of 'attitude'. I'm not sure it's a good idea to bomb out promising talents because they have shown an 'attitude'.

Who will be next out the door?what if a super talent like Marcus Edwards shows some attitude?

If he had that kind of potential i doubt we'd be showing him the door - maybe the transfer fee we receive when he is sold and/or the stature of the buying club will give some indication as to whether you're close to the mark on that or not.

Weren't we trying to shift Lamela on last summer? I seem to recall him being close to joining one of the French clubs but ended up staying as we couldn't get Berahino.

Weren't we trying to shift Lamela on last summer? I seem to recall him being close to joining one of the French clubs but ended up staying as we couldn't get Berahino.

i don't know if that was anymore than speculation/rumor - assuming it was true and that you're using this as a counter to my point about us not letting a big prospect go then id be inclined to respond that Lamela would have gone for a fair amount of money (reflecting his potential) whereas Bentaleb won't (reflecting his)

Back