• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

I'm actually quite relieved that he's injured for the rest of the season. better than him spending the next 2 months in the under 21s....hopefully he can start pre-season well, knuckle down and buy into Poch's regime
Did he have a season ending injury?

untapped or untappable potential ? i always thought often looked great on the ball, however failed to make passes that helped us to progress the game. in fact i often saw the opposite where his passes would put the receiving player in a bit of a fix, with an opponent fast bearing down on him, or putting him on track to meet one.

he is the exact opposite of carrick to me. awkward, gangly and sometimes looking out-of-rhythm, but carrick's passes put a player away from the opponents or past him - progressing our game into the next stage.

in other words - bentaleb appeared to be me a sort of vanity player who tries to make himself look good; carrick the selfless player who tries to progress the game even though he ends up looking a bit awkward or just plain (in order to hide his intention).

i know which one i'd rather be playing with as a player.
Interesting post , must admit I had never made such a direct comparison with Carrick. That said I am not ready to give up on a player who is very talented and I hope he can overcome his flaws, show a bit of humility and get behind Poch.

untapped or untappable potential ? i always thought often looked great on the ball, however failed to make passes that helped us to progress the game. in fact i often saw the opposite where his passes would put the receiving player in a bit of a fix, with an opponent fast bearing down on him, or putting him on track to meet one.

he is the exact opposite of carrick to me. awkward, gangly and sometimes looking out-of-rhythm, but carrick's passes put a player away from the opponents or past him - progressing our game into the next stage.

in other words - bentaleb appeared to be me a sort of vanity player who tries to make himself look good; carrick the selfless player who tries to progress the game even though he ends up looking a bit awkward or just plain (in order to hide his intention).

i know which one i'd rather be playing with as a player.
Exactly this. I couldn't describe what it was about Bentaleb that made me feel there's nothing special about him, but you encapsulated it perfectly.

Admire your optimism AdamB but once Poch consigns you to the Under 21s, history says that's it, your time's up, there's likely no way back.
He might have been carrying that injury for a while, and thus not been able to play at his full potential. He showed last year that he was good enough for the team, and he will improve as well. Wish him a speedy recovery.

As I said above, I think his injury is a blessing - he's unlikely to play much this season unless we get a lot of injuries given that we have a settled side and given he's missed the vast majority of the season. Will save him getting frustrated from not playing. Hopefully he can knuckle down in pre-season and Poch can harness his undoubted talent

He really needs to impress in preseason, perhaps in early cup games or its over at Spurs for him.
Yes he does need to impress as they all do, and not by doing risky tricks and passes in front of the CB's like earlier this season, but I still believe in this kid. I've seen enough good stuff from him last season to tell me we have a massive talent on our hands. Whether Poch can harness this talent and Bentaleb himself has the mental fortitude to stay the course is a different matter. At this stage though I'm thinking Poch can walk on water so I'm sure he can focus the young man to fulfill his potential.

What would be funny is if Poch turns him into another Dembele and then we're all with egg on our face for ever doubting he has future at the club. :D

Back