• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

We doubt it because it seems clear that he's been fallen well and truly out of favour. Honestly, he's got the right mix to be THE player that can cover both Dembele and Dier. Perhaps the chance of playing champions league football might be enough to get him to focus and commit to Poch's plan.

We doubt it because it seems clear that he's been fallen well and truly out of favour. Honestly, he's got the right mix to be THE player that can cover both Dembele and Dier. Perhaps the chance of playing champions league football might be enough to get him to focus and commit to Poch's plan.

And yet I remember people saying similar about Dembele on this forum last season

What would be funny is if Poch turns him into another Dembele and then we're all with egg on our face for ever doubting he has future at the club. :D
I don't think there is another player with quite the same skill set as Dembele, and IMO Bentaleb won't be that type of player. Nor is he another Dier for that matter. Bentaleb is more akin to young Michael Carrick IMO that is the path he really should take. He has a lot to learn but no better teacher than his current coach.

He was training before last game as well. He's not injured.

Sounds like he is still recovering, albeit back in training. From the OS : "Mauricio said: "Nabil has started to train a little with the group but he’s still out, he’s not fit for Sunday."

I'm finding positives in his (Bentaleb's) tweet from yesterday, the first in a couple of months, and the fact that it was accompanied by a photo from training, so presumably club-sanctioned. Hopefully the rumours about him being out of favour were just that, rumours, and things were fine all along. Or if true, he has worked his way back into favour.
I may equally be reading far too much into it.

if those rumors are just rumors or even if they were true but he has shown a willingness to move on from that and Poch thinks he can use him in CM then that's one less position we need to worry about in the summer - i don't think we should be writing off any player until it's clear the club are looking to move them on, Lamela/Rose/Dembele - 3 our our best performing players this season had been written off by almost everyone on here at one point...

Sounds like he is still recovering, albeit back in training. From the OS : "Mauricio said: "Nabil has started to train a little with the group but he’s still out, he’s not fit for Sunday."

I'm finding positives in his (Bentaleb's) tweet from yesterday, the first in a couple of months, and the fact that it was accompanied by a photo from training, so presumably club-sanctioned. Hopefully the rumours about him being out of favour were just that, rumours, and things were fine all along. Or if true, he has worked his way back into favour.

Sounds like someone has been reading this thread.
smileys-afraid-280548.gif

The 2:6:12 recovery rule is common for a lot of minor operations:

2 weeks return to day-to-day
6 weeks return to running
12 weeks return to contact sport

If he's between the 6-12 week stage that would explain why he's seemingly training but not in contention for tomorrow.

And yet I remember people saying similar about Dembele on this forum last season

True enough. I think with Dembele we all questionned his role in the midfield, especially with Mason and Bentaleb both passing the ball forwards the way they did. I think his recent position came as a result of Poch recognising that Alli lacked the discipline to shield the back four with Dier and by switching the two we instantly found a rhythm.

Anyways back on topic. Dembele for all we know wasn't an issue due to attitude/application. He showed Poch that he could play a key part in our game. Bentaleb can play a key part, but the rumours seem to say it's on his terms. The two players were doubted for different issues.

i really want to see this guy involved next season as hes a cracking player. hopefully starts next season with a bang

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...-not-be-sold-by-tottenham-this-summer-sources

This is going to sound slightly tinkley and maybe a little negative, but am I the only one that thinks his attitude has improved because now he wants to stay at a Champions League club??

Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad and believing the worst, but with his demotion to the U21's and everyone questionning his attitude for most of the season it strikes me that he's only now behaving because he wants to have a chance at UCL football. Would his attitude have improved this much had we not had the prospect on the horizon? It would be great if he somehow recalled last years form and pushed on, because to my mind he can cover both Dier and Dembele when required, something which we need.

I really like him and think he will be a great player, just don't see where he will fit in for us.
Poch is only two years into the job here so I'm sure his system isn't full set and will be adjusted over the course, as players come and go. so there's hope in that for nabil but I just can't see where he would play.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...-not-be-sold-by-tottenham-this-summer-sources

This is going to sound slightly tinkley and maybe a little negative, but am I the only one that thinks his attitude has improved because now he wants to stay at a Champions League club??

Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad and believing the worst, but with his demotion to the U21's and everyone questionning his attitude for most of the season it strikes me that he's only now behaving because he wants to have a chance at UCL football. Would his attitude have improved this much had we not had the prospect on the horizon? It would be great if he somehow recalled last years form and pushed on, because to my mind he can cover both Dier and Dembele when required, something which we need.

He wasn't demoted, like Townsend he asked to play in the U21s to keep fit.

Well, if he plays up to his potential and keeps helping the team get CL and win trophies and that makes him Mr. Best-Teammate-Ever, I'm all for it.

Well, if he plays up to his potential and keeps helping the team get CL and win trophies and that makes him Mr. Best-Teammate-Ever, I'm all for it.

He wants to win, it's what we need. They are too young at the moment but him and alli in the middle in 2/3 years time would be amazing. Their drive and winning mentality could lead us to glory.
Stil don't see where he fits in though.

Back