• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He didn't cover himself in glory at all, but you can't write him off on 20 minutes.

More telling, for me, was that he was dropped in the first place.

He's been mainstay for over a season, dropped instantly

I can see him heading back to being a bench warmer.

I can’t see him doing what Dier did today and just sit in the middle

Dier wasn’t perfect today, but it’s what we have been missing

He didn't cover himself in glory at all, but you can't write him off on 20 minutes.

More telling, for me, was that he was dropped in the first place.

He's been mainstay for over a season, dropped instantly
Or rested for Tuesday? We will see. I still believe he should be a squad player only and replaced with a top quality defensive midfielder.

Today was a relatively easy game for Dier and Winks until Antonio came on then we struggled, as we have done all season, to keep the ball in midfield. I hope that we buy a top class Defensive midfielder then Dier can return to defence eventually where he can lead the back line.

I thought Dier was terrible. Winks did well though.

I think Mourinho may well look to sign a defensive midfielder as his sole January signing.

Or rested for Tuesday? We will see. I still believe he should be a squad player only and replaced with a top quality defensive midfielder.

We'll see. Though to be honest, despite my not and never rating Sissoko, I really just don't see him as a Mourinho type player either. Just doesn't have the quality.

You could however write him off based on his 3 years here previously.

You could! I was waiting for someone to say as much :D

Today was a relatively easy game for Dier and Winks until Antonio came on then we struggled, as we have done all season, to keep the ball in midfield. I hope that we buy a top class Defensive midfielder then Dier can return to defence eventually where he can lead the back line.
Dier is not a good CD. Best to leave him in DM and work on his mobility and positioning.

I think that Lamela Is close to being the perfect Mourinho forward. As ever, it will probably come down to his fitness
Why?
He looks for reliability and consistency as much as anything
For me he doesn’t tick either unless your looking for a player who is reliable pre season and guaranteed to get a medium term injury in training!!!

I think that Lamela Is close to being the perfect Mourinho forward. As ever, it will probably come down to his fitness
Jose likes goals and lots of them from his WF that is something Lamela lacks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Why?
He looks for reliability and consistency as much as anything
For me he doesn’t tick either unless your looking for a player who is reliable pre season and guaranteed to get a medium term injury in training!!!

I know you've got a downer on him. I think that when fit, he's consistent. He's also very hard working and selfless. I think that he's exactly what Mourinho will look for in big games.

I know you've got a downer on him. I think that when fit, he's consistent. He's also very hard working and selfless. I think that he's exactly what Mourinho will look for in big games.

I have two issues
One foot so not flexible and predictable
And gets injured in training Always
That’s a sign of treating to hard or not being fit enough

The thing is it looks like Mourinho doesn't see him as a central midfielder. He simply doesn't track back well enough. Positionally he is often in the wrong place.

Mourinho it's never gonna trust him in a two.

He put him on to play in the right and close the game out. But he gave the ball away and made defensive mistakes.

I would have loved to have seen Poch leave him out. But he had his favourites.

The thing is it looks like Mourinho doesn't see him as a central midfielder. He simply doesn't track back well enough. Positionally he is often in the wrong place.

He put him on to play in the right and close the game out. But he gave the ball away and made defensive mistakes.

He was in the team because he played well, consistently better than Dier, Winks or Wanyama, not because he was a "favourite." If he was the latter he wouldn't have spent his first two seasons as a bit part player.

Last edited:

Unforced errors are a crime to Mourinho.

Back