• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Define outplayed the Spanish midfield? What won us that game was the interplay and clinical finshing between our three forwards, and not to say Dier and Winks didn't do any good work during the game. But Spain controlled most of the possession and we had 5 shots all game vs Spains 24 so we didn't create much and was very much backs to the wall for England for long periods. At no time was we controlling the midfield vs Spain, and nor would I expect us to.....

Winks and Dier kept Spain’s midfield at bay and they were ineffective by their normal standards IMO

This thread is full of cringe-inducing posts. I find it a bit ironic for a forum that generally scorns the media (which is justified considering how brick they are) to use the same sensationalist, fact-devoid insults against one of their own players. Objectivity is lost on some, it seems. I'm just glad it's not lost on all.

Winks and Dier kept Spain’s midfield at bay and they were ineffective by their normal standards IMO
Well they still had all the ball and created a lot of opportunities, I wouldn't really call it keeping them at bay. But your point regarding Winks and Dier is a good one that they can hold their own at that level, just think saying they dominated the Spain midfield is a massive overaggeration.....

Well they still had all the ball and created a lot of opportunities, I wouldn't really call it keeping them at bay. But your point regarding Winks and Dier is a good one that they can hold their own at that level, just think saying they dominated the Spain midfield is a massive overaggeration.....

Maybe
But I think we’re seriousky under estimating how good they are whilst people bring up other teams midfields as better

Maybe
But I think we’re seriousky under estimating how good they are whilst people bring up other teams midfields as better
I don't think anyone underestimates Winks, everyone recognises he will go far. Dier maybe, because he does a lot of the ugly side of the game - but sometimes he doesn't do himself any favours with his sloppiness. I do believe Dier could be upgradeable, but wouldn't want him sold that's for sure....

I don't think anyone underestimates Winks, everyone recognises he will go far. Dier maybe, because he does a lot of the ugly side of the game - but sometimes he doesn't do himself any favours with his sloppiness. I do believe Dier could be upgradeable, but wouldn't want him sold that's for sure....

When we talk sloppy this season I’d argue that Hugo, Toby, trippier, Moussa D, and eriksen have been more guilty as goals have come from their errors and basic errors too

Not at all. You have literally redefined "fine" and "7/10" just to make allowances for him.

And no, I really dont want to do this whole dance again. Point being, simply, its pretty poor taste to try and take a couple of decent performances as justification for two seasons of over reactive defence of him.

As I said - those who have complained, and now are saying "He did well" (or whatever) have always maintained an objectivity lacking elsewhere.

Fine can include some 6/10 performances, I'm saying he was never more than 7, not that he was always 7. But when he's been fine, he hasn't been the joke of a footballer he was still made out to be last season when he was performing absolutely...fine.

I can see why some people would think that.

All that head down running can get quite exciting for some. And after all, Poch's official explanation of why Sissoko isn't useless is "Something, something, transition" I believe.

But putting one's head down and running full pelt in itself does nothing whatsoever to progress our chances of scoring a goal - not when every single one ends up in a turnover of possession in open play. For all the good those runs did, he'd have been better off hoofing it forwards 40yards and staying where he was to help fend off the inevitable City break when he misplaces the pass.

I know you’re overcooking the egg re:your boyfriend, but in fairness, his only mistake last night was NOT putting his head down and running full pelt when he had the chance. With more confidence he’d have drawn a defender and had an easier pass or shooting opportunity. I think we saw real signs of what could be if we play a “sitting”
game on the break.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When we talk sloppy this season I’d argue that Hugo, Toby, trippier, Moussa D, and eriksen have been more guilty as goals have come from their errors and basic errors too
Sure, and with the exception of Eriksen they’ve all been players that have been suggested could do with replacing....

I know you’re overcooking the egg re:your boyfriend, but in fairness, his only mistake last night was NOT putting his head down and running full pelt when he had the chance. With more confidence he’d have drawn a defender and had an easier pass or shooting opportunity. I think we saw real signs of what could be if we play a “sitting”
game on the break.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don't see how those runs can end up as something useful for the team if he can't shoot or find a teammate.

I know people love to see a player running with the ball, but unless he learns to play football he'll just be a lanky Walcott (with even less skill).

I don't see how those runs can end up as something useful for the team if he can't shoot or find a teammate.

I know people love to see a player running with the ball, but unless he learns to play football he'll just be a lanky Walcott (with even less skill).
Did you see the Wetspam game?

According to this, his pass success % is one of the highest in our squad,

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/Show/England-Tottenham
Not totally surprised with that but I get the impression he has decided (or has been told) to play it simple most times, which to be fair is working for him. One must know one's limitations.

Anyway, he is certainly playing better these days so why complain (not you - other complainers).

Last edited:
Back