• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I think if another player misses in a 3-0 its not as likely to be highlighted as it is with Sissoko, it just seems another opportunity to have a pop at someone. The thing is I think its easy to only see negatives if thats all you want to see, you could do it with literally anyone. I know Sissoko has limitations but its I feel its pretty pointless to keep highlighting everything that could be considered negative.

I tend to agree with the @harr1984 in that I have seen plenty of players miss them chances.

Poch was seen giving Sissoko support, over hit a pass to Kane and he was giving him loads of encouragement and thats exactly the school of thought I am in.
At least Sissoko busted a gut to get into the position of going through on goal, don’t know many ‘defensive’ midfielders who does that, and he never seems to go hiding....

I think if another player misses in a 3-0 its not as likely to be highlighted as it is with Sissoko, it just seems another opportunity to have a pop at someone. The thing is I think its easy to only see negatives if thats all you want to see, you could do it with literally anyone. I know Sissoko has limitations but its I feel its pretty pointless to keep highlighting everything that could be considered negative.

I tend to agree with the @harr1984 in that I have seen plenty of players miss them chances.

Poch was seen giving Sissoko support, over hit a pass to Kane and he was giving him loads of encouragement and thats exactly the school of thought I am in.

Context is everything. I havent come in here to slag him off, I am being picked up on one single comment among many. Having acknowledged his good performance, and praised his assist. The one negative thing Ive said is being jumped on - I really dont think your post here applies to me.

I wasnt looking for negatives, Ive given - I feel - a fair response to his performance. But the on thing his fan club take exception too gets blown out of proportion...

I know players miss those chances. And every one of them is a shocker. I expect our players to bury opportunities like that.

Haha fair play! When a keeper saves a shot I don’t even call it a miss so I guess we will never agree on it...

Not that I want to labour this - but I think there is a difference between a keeper making a save - like moving across the goal, reaching and stopping the ball - and a player hitting the ball directly at the keeper. Especially when he has the whole goal to aim at and nothing impeding him.

At least Sissoko busted a gut to get into the position of going through on goal, don’t know many ‘defensive’ midfielders who does that, and he never seems to go hiding....

While I think defensive midfielder is about the best we can get out of him, is that what he is supposed to be?

Though I think its a fair point - he doesnt hide any more. He does go for it, make himself available and try his best.

Not that I want to labour this - but I think there is a difference between a keeper making a save - like moving across the goal, reaching and stopping the ball - and a player hitting the ball directly at the keeper. Especially when he has the whole goal to aim at and nothing impeding him.
He had to stick his leg out though didn’t he? And he didn’t have the whole goal to aim at because there was a massive keeper in the way narrowing the angle! He didn’t hit the ball to the centre either, was going towards the corner. I just don’t think it was that bad, even if a forward had shot that I wouldn’t of thought was a poor effort but hey ho neither of us are going to budge on our opinions on that. Either way I’m not concerned, any goals or assists from Sissoko are a bonus - he’s not primarily in the team for such functions....

While I think defensive midfielder is about the best we can get out of him, is that what he is supposed to be?

Though I think its a fair point - he doesnt hide any more. He does go for it, make himself available and try his best.
Well I’ve always considered anyone not in that three behind the forward to be a ‘holding’ midfielder. If you have a Winks there then great, as he can be a playmaker and adds additional creativity which would compliment Sissoko pretty well....

Well I’ve always considered anyone not in that three behind the forward to be a ‘holding’ midfielder. If you have a Winks there then great, as he can be a playmaker and adds additional creativity which would compliment Sissoko pretty well....

Is that not somewhat contradictory?

Imagine if you was doing that to Sissoko ey?

Ohh hang on

I dont follow. Im sure it was meant to be a real zinger, but honestly Ive missed the point on that one.

Read the thread, it seemed very much like a categoric statement - not in the context you now say.

Now, if thats not what you mean then fine, Ill take your word on it - but if you read that again I think its very obvious why it wasnt seen that way.

I dont think its silly at all to say thats why he is in the side. With a full compliment this season, Dembele, Wanyama and Dier available for midfield in every game? I doubt Sissoko would have had a look in. I do believe he has had the run he has due to a lack of options.

As @LemonadeMoney was keen to point out, if Sissoko was so bad we could have arranged the team without him. Lets be honest, an adequate midfielder and a stable side is much better than trying to reinvent the system.

And adequate is about as good as Sissoko has been, IMO. Its nothing personal, if he turns into the first name on the team sheet Ill be delighted. I doubt itll happen, but Ill be more than happy to hold my hands up and say he is a much better player than I thought. All Ive done to date is said what Ive seen, and he has been poor to adequate IMO.

And I dont think its a case of Sissoko not showing his real form at this point, he has had what? 50 games?

Funny you mention Jenas, I always liked him. I felt he was quite hard done by with the fans, and a better player than given credit for (while, at the same time, never living up to his potential). And I think Jenas is a far superior player to Sissoko.

Im that guy that loves those players. The ones that do an understated but valuable job. I was the big fan of Carrick while people were asking "what does he do?". I appreciated Jenas. But I just dont see it with Sissoko at all.

Mate, I’ve admitted twice I made a mistake on the Winks comment because I thought he was on the bench. Stop trying to insist I was doing something that I wasn’t.

I’m not trying to do anything to defend Sissoko. It just seriously annoys me when you read a report of a Spurs game and you get the line ‘even Sissoko played well!’. It’s just ridiculous, way out of line and frankly he’s been better all season than deserving of this attitude.

Im not insisting anything - simply pointing out why you got the response you did. The comment you made did not read as you meant it. Simple as that. I even said in what you quoted Id take your word on it.

Wonderful to see him play so well against Burnley. Great set up for the Kane goal.

Still, really needs to visit the dark side to raise his 'fear-of' factor with other players. Taking liberties in Alli-like fashion with another player's tender parts would do him the world of good.

A far better performance than Winks' against Brighton and Emirates Marketing Project.
Yes, he was better than a very bad performance. You're digging pretty deep for something to mark against though. City was our team's worst performance for some time.

Deserves to keep his place for the next match.
It's posts like that that make me miss the :ross: smiley.

Unless, of course, by "his place" you mean last choice midfielder whose name isn't GKN, in which case I wholeheartedly agree.

Back