• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

The goal gaping, no pressure, only the keeper to beat and he strikes it directly at the keeper TWICE. If it was Kane my response would be the same, embarrassingly bad.

Sons chance was a lot harder, no excuses though it was still poor on his part. Between the two? Sissokos was worse by a distance - and thats everything to do with the situation and not the player.
For me our definitions are very different. The goal gaping? There was a massive keeper standing in the middle of the goal, and he struck the ball low and hard and it was going towards the corner, it wasn’t even hit centrally. How you can make out like it was some outrageous miss when a shot is on target, hit with appropriate power,towards the corner and keeper saves it is beyond me....

Read the thread, it seemed very much like a categoric statement - not in the context you now say.

Now, if thats not what you mean then fine, Ill take your word on it - but if you read that again I think its very obvious why it wasnt seen that way.

I dont think its silly at all to say thats why he is in the side. With a full compliment this season, Dembele, Wanyama and Dier available for midfield in every game? I doubt Sissoko would have had a look in. I do believe he has had the run he has due to a lack of options.

As @LemonadeMoney was keen to point out, if Sissoko was so bad we could have arranged the team without him. Lets be honest, an adequate midfielder and a stable side is much better than trying to reinvent the system.

And adequate is about as good as Sissoko has been, IMO. Its nothing personal, if he turns into the first name on the team sheet Ill be delighted. I doubt itll happen, but Ill be more than happy to hold my hands up and say he is a much better player than I thought. All Ive done to date is said what Ive seen, and he has been poor to adequate IMO.

And I dont think its a case of Sissoko not showing his real form at this point, he has had what? 50 games?

Funny you mention Jenas, I always liked him. I felt he was quite hard done by with the fans, and a better player than given credit for (while, at the same time, never living up to his potential). And I think Jenas is a far superior player to Sissoko.

Im that guy that loves those players. The ones that do an understated but valuable job. I was the big fan of Carrick while people were asking "what does he do?". I appreciated Jenas. But I just dont see it with Sissoko at all.

He had a decent match today, but yet again, he shows that he just lacks the basic technical ability needed to play football at this level (meaning: for a side with top four aspirations), in my opinion. He does play the occasional decent game when he's not under pressure and when he gets space and time, like today, and he did allright, but he still has far too many bad touches and poor passes. But credit where due, nice assist for Kane, and he was unlucky not to score one v one, the finish wasn't actually terrible. One of his best matches for us today, and that says something.

Lol it was so bad wasn’t it! If Son could add some consistency to his finishing we would have another serious player on our hands.

As for Sissoko he’s not in the team for goals and we all know he’s not a good finisher so anything in that department is a bonus. He played well today and I do think he’s a valuable member of the squad, always fit and in great physical condition to soak up minutes so key other members of team can get rested....

Son us a serous player imo

He scores plenty and is constantly a threat

Just a poor shot today and not a great game for him

Read the thread, it seemed very much like a categoric statement - not in the context you now say.

Now, if thats not what you mean then fine, Ill take your word on it - but if you read that again I think its very obvious why it wasnt seen that way.

I dont think its silly at all to say thats why he is in the side. With a full compliment this season, Dembele, Wanyama and Dier available for midfield in every game? I doubt Sissoko would have had a look in. I do believe he has had the run he has due to a lack of options.

As @LemonadeMoney was keen to point out, if Sissoko was so bad we could have arranged the team without him. Lets be honest, an adequate midfielder and a stable side is much better than trying to reinvent the system.

And adequate is about as good as Sissoko has been, IMO. Its nothing personal, if he turns into the first name on the team sheet Ill be delighted. I doubt itll happen, but Ill be more than happy to hold my hands up and say he is a much better player than I thought. All Ive done to date is said what Ive seen, and he has been poor to adequate IMO.

And I dont think its a case of Sissoko not showing his real form at this point, he has had what? 50 games?

Funny you mention Jenas, I always liked him. I felt he was quite hard done by with the fans, and a better player than given credit for (while, at the same time, never living up to his potential). And I think Jenas is a far superior player to Sissoko.

Im that guy that loves those players. The ones that do an understated but valuable job. I was the big fan of Carrick while people were asking "what does he do?". I appreciated Jenas. But I just dont see it with Sissoko at all.

Jenas has the talent to be a world class midfielder but not the hunger or attitude

For me our definitions are very different. The goal gaping? There was a massive keeper standing in the middle of the goal, and he struck the ball low and hard and it was going towards the corner, it wasn’t even hit centrally. How you can make out like it was some outrageous miss when a shot is on target, hit with appropriate power,towards the corner and keeper saves it is beyond me....

He was under no pressure and had only the keeper to beat, and struck it straight at the keeper. The keeper even starts diving before he shoots and still saves it with his feet. He didnt even need to move! I think pretty well any other player in our side buries that.

I would expect to do better myself and Im rubbish!

Any of our players miss in that situation and my reaction is the same, thats a shocker of a miss.

Jenas has the talent to be a world class midfielder but not the hunger or attitude

Absolutely. It was a real source of frustration for me, because I felt he had a much higher level in him.

Every now and then he would have a little run of games where it looked like he was finally getting there, then of course he would get injured and its back to the start...

Absolutely. It was a real source of frustration for me, because I felt he had a much higher level in him.

Every now and then he would have a little run of games where it looked like he was finally getting there, then of course he would get injured and its back to the start...

He said today after the game he never had the edge that gerrard has and Alli has

Gerrard was a fudging dingdonghead. His "Edge" being the sort of character to go out and nobble someone for tinkling you off. Spiteful, dangerous, petulant. He is and was a fudging clam.

Its a very different edge to Alli, who has maybe a bit of spite but is just basically aggressive. Though admitedly Jenas never had any sort of aggression in him at all.

He was under no pressure and had only the keeper to beat, and struck it straight at the keeper. The keeper even starts diving before he shoots and still saves it with his feet. He didnt even need to move! I think pretty well any other player in our side buries that.

I would expect to do better myself and Im rubbish!

Any of our players miss in that situation and my reaction is the same, thats a shocker of a miss.
Sorry but no, you can’t just say any other player would have scored that - I’ve seen a ridiculous amount of times our players through one on one and not scored, and not even shot on target!Same for other teams players. If you just said you expected him to score then fine, but you making it out to be some ridiculous miss - I’m not buying that at all.

However you gave Sissoko credit today in general, which you don’t often do so fair play...

Some poor kid is going think that's Santa sleigh as it goes whizzing by.
Son's shot seen over LA
Ab1L3Baygwjw2N0-.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but no, you can’t just say any other player would have scored that - I’ve seen a ridiculous amount of times our players through one on one and not scored, and not even shot on target!Same for other teams players. If you just said you expected him to score then fine, but you making it out to be some ridiculous miss - I’m not buying that at all.

However you gave Sissoko credit today in general, which you don’t often do so fair play...

I can - I just did! :D

You keep pointing out it was on target, but it was straight at the keeper, you dont get credit for that!

I think it was an appalling miss. I would think so no matter who missed.

You are of course free to disagree.

I still think his end product is inconsistent, it’s getting better but he can still be a bit hit and miss...

Reminds me of Robbie Keane. Playing on instinct he can do things he has no right to - score goals from impossible positions, things like that. Given time to think about it and line things up and execute, he'll probably fudge it up.

You keep pointing out it was on target, but it was straight at the keeper, you dont get credit for that!

I think if another player misses in a 3-0 its not as likely to be highlighted as it is with Sissoko, it just seems another opportunity to have a pop at someone. The thing is I think its easy to only see negatives if thats all you want to see, you could do it with literally anyone. I know Sissoko has limitations but its I feel its pretty pointless to keep highlighting everything that could be considered negative.

I tend to agree with the @harr1984 in that I have seen plenty of players miss them chances.

Poch was seen giving Sissoko support, over hit a pass to Kane and he was giving him loads of encouragement and thats exactly the school of thought I am in.

Haha fair play! When a keeper saves a shot I don’t even call it a miss so I guess we will never agree on it...

Back