• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

A far better performance than Winks' against Brighton and Emirates Marketing Project. Deserves to keep his place for the next match.
Oh behave, you're better than that Fincent. You can't compare Burnley midfield versus City, also Dier was holding, also he wasn't good... he didn't touch the ball for the first 15 minutes and then just spooned it 5 yards like a horse trying to open a Christmas present

If he was a youth prospect coming through we’d be excited. Problem is he’s 28 and cost 30m. Paulinho shows how confidence and playing regularly can transform players. I’d still sell if we could recoup 20m

I dont agree. Look at Winks, Onomah, Walker Peters, any of them really - they all are technically far superior to Sissoko.

I think if Sissoko was breaking into the team now the general consensus would be that he is a great athlete but wont make it with us, and that sooner or later we will sell him to WBA or similar.

That being said, the market how it is, I think we could well get more than £20m for him.

Look at the breakaways with Kane and Sissoko.

Kane takes 2 touches and then places it above the keepers leg into the net.

Sissoko doesn't dare take a touch, thus slows down his run and telegraphs to everybody that he is about to shoot, but the ball gets underneath him anyway. Then he fires blindly towards the goal from rather long distance, going for power against a keeper who comes out to close the angles and of course hitting the keeper. He had open surface to aim at, but didn't, and one simple touch would have opened the surface even more.

Confidence. But Sissoko is hitting the target when previously he'd have ballooned it over :)

You're right he lacks composure in front of goal. At the start of the season he seemed to crap himself whenever he was in the final third. There is some improvement. He's not the most confident player, and isn't easy rotating in and out of the side. Great to have his pace in games when we can break. Not many in our team would have left the defenders for dead.

Look at you, you closet England fan!

england_fan_topless.jpg

I like it that you chose a photo of you for your avatar but that doesn't mean you have to share more.

He had a good game yesterday and was unlucky with the shot, however i am afraid that no matter what he does or how well he plays there will always be a few who have decided that he is brick, and they have no other option after all the negative brick they have written about him.

He had a good game yesterday and was unlucky with the shot, however i am afraid that no matter what he does or how well he plays there will always be a few who have decided that he is brick, and they have no other option after all the negative brick they have written about him.

How is that different to your posts about Mason and Bentaleb when they were at the club?

How is that different to your posts about Mason and Bentaleb when they were at the club?

I do not think i used the same type of comments about them that some on here have made about Sissoko, i just believed they were weak points in our team of the time. Some of the abuse that i have read here and at games about Sissoko is childish at best, would you not agree?

What a pointless comparison. One is a world class striker used to running through on goal, the other is a midfielder. Weird how Sissoko didn’t need any extra touches when he scored against West Ham in a very similar situation. You could pick apart any saved shot from anyone if you really wanted to, stop making something out of nothing....

Pointless? One player who scores 9 out of 10 against a player who scores 1 out of 10. Any midfielder who is free on goal should score 8 out of 10. defenders on the other hand perhaps 4 out of 10.

He did not need any extra touches against west ham, because the pass from the side was perfectly weighted and he could time the shot. It was put on a plate from Alli, just as it was against Burnley. Except this time he needed to take a touch or two, and we know this is not within Sissoko's repertoire.

With this said, he did play a good game against Burnley. The pass to Kane was excellent. I wish he was able to replicate it 9 out of 10. or 5 out of 10.

Pointless? One player who scores 9 out of 10 against a player who scores 1 out of 10. Any midfielder who is free on goal should score 8 out of 10. defenders on the other hand perhaps 4 out of 10.

He did not need any extra touches against west ham, because the pass from the side was perfectly weighted and he could time the shot. It was put on a plate from Alli, just as it was against Burnley. Except this time he needed to take a touch or two, and we know this is not within Sissoko's repertoire.

With this said, he did play a good game against Burnley. The pass to Kane was excellent. I wish he was able to replicate it 9 out of 10. or 5 out of 10.

Which popular handbook did you pluck them stats from?

Please tell me all these CMs who go through on goal ten times and score 8 of them? Yes comparing one of the best strikers in the worlds finishing to a CM who doesn’t often get into goal scoring opportunities is a pointless comparison...

Son, Alli, Eriksen, would've buried that chance. It was not a hard chance which only a world class striker would score. We bought Sissoko for his attacking prowess, and now he is classed as a Zokora type midfielder, whom we cannot expect anything from.

Son, Alli, Eriksen, would've buried that chance. It was not a hard chance which only a world class striker would score. We bought Sissoko for his attacking prowess, and now he is classed as a Zokora type midfielder, whom we cannot expect anything from.

Do you not think that he is suffering from form playing several positions and not being a stand out in any (whilst doing a generally good job) ... and being classed as a defensive midfielder for one man and an attacker by the next

And even player the Zokora role we do expect things from him but not goals necessarily as that isn’t a key function of that role.

Not read all of this thread but I thought Sissoko was OK on Saturday. Yes, when he's 1 on 1 in front of goal you're expecting him to screw up, which I put down to confidence but I thought he worked hard and in defence there were no mistakes.

Giving his shirt away at the end was a nice touch as well.

when I said Zokora type midfielder, I did not mean the Zokora defensive midfield role, but Zokora's inability to do anything in front of goal. Which of course can be excused when playing DM only.

Of course Sissoko suffers from not playing in the same position. However, when he provides no attacking threat and more often than not is in the way of our other attacking players, continuing to play him as attacking midfielder would show lack of attention from Poch.

Sissoko has been demoted to DM. Next step is to demote him to the bench and then the stands when our injured players return.

Dele? that guy misses more sitters than any other player in the team, usually he makes up for it in the same match, but certainly not what I would call clinical.

The sooner people realize Sissoko is a squad player (not matter what the price), then they will realize he does his job.

The fact that people are bitching about Sissoko (despite him assisting Kane which totally kills your final point about expectation), when Davies had a complete mare of a match shows how bias works.

when I said Zokora type midfielder, I did not mean the Zokora defensive midfield role, but Zokora's inability to do anything in front of goal. Which of course can be excused when playing DM only.

Of course Sissoko suffers from not playing in the same position. However, when he provides no attacking threat and more often than not is in the way of our other attacking players, continuing to play him as attacking midfielder would show lack of attention from Poch.

Sissoko has been demoted to DM. Next step is to demote him to the bench and then the stands when our injured players return.

Didn’t he get an assist for Kane’s second goal??

Back