• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He for me should be trained as a Centre Midfield smasher, like for France in the Euro final

He didnt play there for France in the Euros.

He came into the French team in the last Group game and played on the right hand side of a 433 (same formation as last night)

He missed the next came and then played in the final 3 games either on the right in a 433 or on the right of a 4231.

He didnt play there for France in the Euros.

He came into the French team in the last Group game and played on the right hand side of a 433 (same formation as last night)

He missed the next came and then played in the final 3 games either on the right in a 433 or on the right of a 4231.

Ahh ok then, from the game I saw the final he smashed them up in the centre of the parrk

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!! The guys first touch is abominable! We play out of defence and use our midfield man (currently Winks or Dembele) to transition the ball to the front 3 or 4. Sissoko is a nightmare when put under pressure and can't shield the ball effectively. We would have so many teams target him to rob it back in our own third. It's frustrating enough watching it happen out on the wings at times.

Horrendous idea that i can only describe as football suicide.

Ha!

I was trying to be generous. From what I have seen of him the best we could hope for is midfield battler winning the ball and playing it off simple. I think he does actually have the discipline and work rate to do it, and do it competently.

That said, you are not wrong - in our side he wouldnt fit the bill. Maybe 5 years ago he would have been alright, but not in todays team.

As I said in my initial post, thats probably the best we could get out of him - but even then we have two better players...

Sissoko get's more in the way of our attacking play than he contributes to it. He watches everybody else, seldom makes any runs to drag defenders out of positions. And when he does, he stays in the area which his team mates want to run into.

29:30 into this clip sums it up:
28:50 is also a good one. Sissoko really slowly jogs back, and has to jump out of the way of Eriksen.
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/12/13/bbc-match-of-the-day-week-17-full-show-4/

edit: or just look at all the action at around that time stamp. he watches everybody else running while barely moving.

Eriksen, Lamela, Aurier, Rose, Kane all makes run, changes position to force defenders to move around. Sissoko slowly jogs, giving the defenders an easy job and even occupies the room so that his team mates have to run around him.

Does anybody know the player stats of distance covered? or sprints? The one Eriksen always tops? How is Sissoko on that list?

I realistically think we are only playing him and there to make sure we can sell him. I know people will say that Poch will never do that. But he can be used at times.

He has not got any better this season. He us useable and that is it. I dont dislike him but I never want him on our best starting X1 so with that said he really needs to go as he is not even pushing to be in that X1.

I realistically think we are only playing him and there to make sure we can sell him. I know people will say that Poch will never do that. But he can be used at times.

He has not got any better this season. He us useable and that is it. I dont dislike him but I never want him on our best starting X1 so with that said he really needs to go as he is not even pushing to be in that X1.
I think I have heard it all now.... A manager who pre-season was aiming for the league title; only playing a player so they can sell them... that one is up there with the transfer 'smokescreen'.

I reckon he'll be sold to China this summer, then join Barcelona in a couple of years and become a worldie. :p

In which case you would have to question the way he has put together his squad.

Ive mentioned before, injuries this season have been almost strategic in their nature - nobbling us from finding our solidity of prior years.

Im not sure that can be accounted for, to be honest.

That said, in buying Sissoko, Ive often wondered what the hell Poch was thinking.

Because I am completely sure Sissoko isnt the player he thought he was getting, and I am completely sure he is simply making the best of a bad situation with him at this point.

I have no doubt as Wanyama returns, Dembele becomes playable, or Dier becomes available to midfield we will see virtually nothing of Sissoko.

Presumably Poch looked into Sissoko's star sign and checked the colour of his aura, before asking Levy to purchase him

Back