• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I wasn't saying who likes him and who doesnt ....just that the media has bias, agendas and a dose of sensationalism when reporting just about anything, so to use it to back up an opinion is of not much value. That is all.
I was using the media as an example of others outside our own fans recognising the contribution he's making - yes pundits aren't the be all and end all. What bias, agenda or sensationalism is there about Match of the Day highlighting Sissokos performance vs Everton or Sky pundits referencing his improved performances?

Be prepared for the "no matter what he does he gets slated " i understand people wanting him to succeed...i hope that he has a great world cup.

Getting excited that he is trying to pass ... improvement. For that alone you sould cut him slack ... So I've been told.

Over 2,000 thousand posts and this ( bolded bit) is the only think you have got right ;).

Gary Neville for definite. Also I can't agree just because you have a higher IQ than footballers who have played at the highest level, you know more about football than them or can analyse performance better. No chance....
Gary Neville :D

He'd barely be considered of average intelligence to the man on the street, let alone in intelligent company.

I can't think of a single ex player pundit that would be considered to be of anything more than average intelligence in my day to day world. A huge majority of them wouldn't even get close to average.

Pundits would perform about as well in a board room as I would in a PL standard match.
There are a few who are not complete fools, but the analysis of a game to a pro that has played it for years does not solely rely on their IQ. Their experience comes into play and they can break a game down fairly well if they choose to IMO. Whether they could communicate that breakdown is another point.

Actually I think most pundits follow a prescribed narrative and rarely if ever go off script. So even if they have the ability to go a little deeper on what they are seeing, they know which side of their bread is buttered and choose not to.

Last edited:
Pundits who used to play the game are halfwits who chose to forgo an education and instead follow a career that rewards physical prowess over mental.

Listening to them opine on a subject is a waste of time. Putting value into those opinions is to be as half-witted as they are.

This is beyond amusing. In fact, I somewhat ashamed that I'm dim enough to respond!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He articulates well as was shown on the Sunday Supplement when he debated against the journos and thoroughly held his own....
Yes, the intellectual might of the sports journalist. I'll bet he could best my 4 year old son in an arm wrestle too.

There are a few who are not complete fools, but the analysis of a game to a pro that has played it for years does not solely rely on their IQ. Their experience comes into play and they can break a game down fairly well if they choose to IMO. Whether they could communicate that breakdown is another point.

Actually I think most pundits follow a prescribed narrative and rarely if ever go off script. So even if they have the ability to go a little deeper on what they are seeing they know which side of the bread is buttered and choose not to.
Those that are capable of escaping the clichés and received wisdom are able to impart knowledge on the small part of the game that they know something about.

With few exceptions they're either managerial failures or people that played at a time which has no relevance to the current world of football.

Without the intelligence to question and analyse their own knowledge, then all they have is information that was possibly useful to that particular person in their very specific setof circumstances. In order to become more than that, the knowledge needs to be in the hands of someone capable of properly using it. Most footballers aren't.

The pro TV pundit stance is a bit rich considering there is actually a thread on here where everyone ridicules the views of a TV pundit also there are several player threads where ex players/TV pundits views are dismissed because they express views you lot disagree with.

But please carry on, it's really quite amusing

#ohtheirony

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Fapatalk

The pro TV pundit stance is a bit rich considering there is actually a thread on here where everyone ridicules the views of a TV pundit also there are several player threads where ex players/TV pundits views are dismissed because they express views you lot disagree with.

But please carry on, it's really quite amusing

#ohtheirony

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Fapatalk
Well I haven't even seen that thread I'm afraid, will have to give that one a read....

Those that are capable of escaping the clichés and received wisdom are able to impart knowledge on the small part of the game that they know something about.

With few exceptions they're either managerial failures or people that played at a time which has no relevance to the current world of football.

Without the intelligence to question and analyse their own knowledge, then all they have is information that was possibly useful to that particular person in their very specific setof circumstances. In order to become more than that, the knowledge needs to be in the hands of someone capable of properly using it. Most footballers aren't.

You play to your audience. TV pundits have a target audience which requires them hit a lowest common denominator really. Their analysis is intentionally simple and doesn't even get to the tactical level of premier school boy football. Does a pro that has played the game for 20 years know a bit more than Joe Bloggs on the internet? Of course they do, but whether they have the ability or inclination to impart that knowledge is a different question. And whether their employers want them to is probably not debatable at this stage. They don't. Keep it simple seems to be the direction and understandably so considering their audience I would say.

IMO there are those that can talk and those that know, and the venn diagram of this union is probably pretty small. Good managers would fall into this join I guess. Robbie Savage is on the left. Those small few that know and can communicate their ideas are not likely to do so on TV if truth be told, but in reality there are plenty who know football very very well.
(just not many on this forum...kidding)

Last edited:
You play to your audience. TV pundits have a target audience which requires them hit a lowest common denominator really. Their analysis is intentionally simple and doesn't even get to the tactical level of premier school boy football. Does a pro that has played the game for 20 years know a bit more than Joe Bloggs on the internet? Of course they do, but whether they have the ability or inclination to impart that knowledge is a different question. And whether their employers want them to is probably not debatable at this stage. They don't. Keep it simple seems to be the direction and understandably so considering their audience I would say.

IMO there are those that can talk and those that know, and the venn diagram of this union is probably pretty small. Good managers would fall into this join I guess. Robbie Savage is on the left. Those small few that know and can communicate their ideas are not likely to do so on TV if truth be told, but in reality there are plenty who know football very very well.
(just not many on this forum...kidding)
I would agree with most of that.

The upshot of which being, if a pundit says that Sissoko had a good game, it has little to no bearing on whether he actually did have a good game or not.

Good to have Sissoko break his duck finally. Well done to him and i especially liked the use of his pace and Son and Davies spreading the ball wide to exploit the situation.

Hopefully Sissoko can have similar effects at Wembley. It'd be good to see if Nkoudou could have similar counter-attacking qualities too.

Hmm...interesting. Then which pundit does NOT fall into that category in your opinion?
None of them. Those that are bright enough and relevant enough go into management.

When they're done working for a living they only their trade as pundits or retire.

None of them. Those that are bright enough and relevant enough go into management.

When they're done working for a living they only their trade as pundits or retire.

So let me just clarify: you believe there are NO pundits in the TV, print or other broadcast media that are decent at all?

Back