• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He played some really nice one-touch passes, one of which assisted Kane's goal. I notice that when the team is playing free-flowing football he seems much more at ease, never slows the game down, and always picks a good, if not great, pass. When we're passing the ball around trying to open up a defense, he's more tentative and will typically make the short safe pass to someone who is more adept at splitting a defense. Nothing wrong with that. Not many players in our squad have that ability.
Yes. When given space to run into, when we can counter attack, he does quite well. That's been the story all along.

Yes. When given space to run into, when we can counter attack, he does quite well. That's been the story all along.
I was talking more about his passing, rather than running with the ball or into space. It seems more fluid than when we're trying to break down an organized defense. But that's the case with most of our players, bar the Eriksens or Lamelas.

I was talking more about his passing, rather than running with the ball or into space. It seems more fluid than when we're trying to break down an organized defense. But that's the case with most of our players, bar the Eriksens or Lamelas.
Time on the ball, obvious passing options, related to counter attacking opportunities.

Reminds me of the improvement in Lamela between his first and second season, when it got to the third season I actually thought Lamela was a worthwhile member of the squad. Sissoko is slowly getting better.

Definite improvement from him this season compared to last season and he's actually contributing a bit now.

It's not obvious to me that he has a long term place at the the club though. We obviously went for Andre Gomes in the summer as well as Demarai Gray. If you add those two, or similar players, I can't see how Sissoko would get much game time at all. Hopefully though he can continue to contribute this season such that his value is higher if he does leave next summer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Only just finished watching the game. His first chance was such a shocking miss I though that Son was being brought on for him, not Kane when the board went up.

Glad he got a goal, even if it was incredibly Sissokoesque. Was it is own heel he kicked it against before the defender deflected it?

Also a big fan of the moment when he went past 3 or 4 players so that he could make an inch perfect, sliding pass, to put a Huddersfield player through in plenty of space! It was the kind of thing that Alli or Eriksen does so well, except they do it for us, not the opposition.

I thought it was his best game so far for us, in the first half he was majestic and only really reverted to his old clumsy self in the last 10-15 minutes of the second half

Only just finished watching the game. His first chance was such a shocking miss I though that Son was being brought on for him, not Kane when the board went up.

Glad he got a goal, even if it was incredibly Sissokoesque. Was it is own heel he kicked it against before the defender deflected it?

Also a big fan of the moment when he went past 3 or 4 players so that he could make an inch perfect, sliding pass, to put a Huddersfield player through in plenty of space! It was the kind of thing that Alli or Eriksen does so well, except they do it for us, not the opposition.

Be prepared for the "no matter what he does he gets slated crew" i understand people wanting him to succeed...i hope that he has a great world cup.

Getting excited that he is trying to pass ... improvement. For that alone you sould cut him slack ... So I've been told.

the commentators on the stream (edit: nice auto-edit there) watched (US stream) was uncertain if the shot was on target and if it would be classed as an own goal. Would not that be the biggest irony. First goal he gets and it is classed own goal.

To avoid conflict .... he was amazing just fantastic.

Looked like a proper footballer.

It took a few weeks for prevailing wisdom to catch up with the fact that he was actually improving, but he is, and most people can at least acknowledge that now. Still no one saying he's the second coming of Messi, most just happy that one of our players that has had a tough time is improving. An assist and a goal in his last two games. Looking like a proper part of the team, putting in a big shift and an obvious contribution. That's all.

Back