• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

To avoid conflict .... he was amazing just fantastic.

Looked like a proper footballer.
GHod you're boring. No poster has said he's been amazing,simply that he's improved and put in some decent performances and has contributed. It's been recognised in the media too,not just by our own fans.Is that really so hard for you to digest....

GHod you're boring. No poster has said he's been amazing,simply that he's improved and put in some decent performances and has contributed. It's been recognised in the media too,not just by our own fans.Is that really so hard for you to digest....

Last week he had a basic performance and there were posts saying that he was well above average. Today he looked better so he must be amazing.

Boring? Don't waste your time on me mate.

I wouldn't submit anything the media say as evidence to help support your point. They really don't pay attention to anything.

I wouldn't submit anything the media say as evidence to help support your point. They really don't pay attention to anything.
Pundits who used to play the game know more about the different aspects of playing football than me or you I'm afraid so just because you don't like Sissoko and they praise him means you're just going to have to lump it....

What some refer to as "GHod" I think would be more of a defender?
This would account for the lack of Sissoko's silky ball skills in the final third.

Pundits who used to play the game know more about the different aspects of playing football than me or you I'm afraid so just because you don't like Sissoko and they praise him means you're just going to have to lump it....
Pundits who used to play the game are halfwits who chose to forgo an education and instead follow a career that rewards physical prowess over mental.

Listening to them opine on a subject is a waste of time. Putting value into those opinions is to be as half-witted as they are.

I don't think highlighting Sissoko as improving is much of a sound bite really....

Agreed. Is that argument here that the pundits are wrong? That they are constructing the narrative of Sissoko looking better this season than last to sell many more newspapers and tv subscriptions?

I think the fact that it has become what is a low value narrative for them is simply because it's true. It started with some fans, it's now seeped through to more fans and now the media have realised. Even 2 or 3 weeks ago Ben Pearce included a dig at Sissoko in an article after a good win which just felt really out of place, so it's not as if it's a hive mind. It's just not stretching the idea to say that Sissoko has not just improved, but is playing well and contributing.

Agreed. Is that argument here that the pundits are wrong? That they are constructing the narrative of Sissoko looking better this season than last to sell many more newspapers and tv subscriptions?

I think the fact that it has become what is a low value narrative for them is simply because it's true. It started with some fans, it's now seeped through to more fans and now the media have realised. Even 2 or 3 weeks ago Ben Pearce included a dig at Sissoko in an article after a good win which just felt really out of place, so it's not as if it's a hive mind. It's just not stretching the idea to say that Sissoko has not just improved, but is playing well and contributing.

I think your last few lines are key, he is playing as good as he ever has for us and he is contributing.

Pundits who used to play the game are halfwits who chose to forgo an education and instead follow a career that rewards physical prowess over mental.

Listening to them opine on a subject is a waste of time. Putting value into those opinions is to be as half-witted as they are.

Grouping ex-player pundits into a homogenous group and then casting a blanket judgement on them is an action which is worse than half-witted.

Grouping ex-player pundits into a homogenous group and then casting a blanket judgement on them is an action which is worse than half-witted.
I can't think of a single ex player pundit that would be considered to be of anything more than average intelligence in my day to day world. A huge majority of them wouldn't even get close to average.

Pundits would perform about as well in a board room as I would in a PL standard match.

I wasn't saying who likes him and who doesnt ....just that the media has bias, agendas and a dose of sensationalism when reporting just about anything, so to use it to back up an opinion is of not much value. That is all.

I can't think of a single ex player pundit that would be considered to be of anything more than average intelligence in my day to day world. A huge majority of them wouldn't even get close to average.

Pundits would perform about as well in a board room as I would in a PL standard match.
Gary Neville for definite. Also I can't agree just because you have a higher IQ than footballers who have played at the highest level, you know more about football than them or can analyse performance better. No chance....

Back