• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He's doing better but it's that enough to justify his place in the team?

But i trust poch and possibly has seem something in sissokos mentality or game that he could build upon.

And if he is that player that we want in him ... then id love to eat brick fed by many on here

The 'hype' of his improvement has to be reinforced because of posters like you practically making things up about Sissoko.

This thing about 'shin ball' is nothing but a myth. You talk about his goal and criticise his control, but if you knew anything about playing football you'd know that how he had to control that spinning ball in the first place required skill, and if his control was as bad as you imply he wouldnt of even had the chance to score as the ball would have rebounded out of play when he tried to control it....

Sorry guv what's football? I certainly don't know a thing or go to games.

I would expect a professional player to be able to control a spinning ball at his feet.

It's not like he brought down a 50 yard pass.

What have i made up? I think it's posters like you satisfied with below par players.

Sorry guv what's football? I certainly don't know a thing or go to games.

I would expect a professional player to be able to control a spinning ball at his feet.

It's not like he brought down a 50 yard pass.

What have i made up? I think it's posters like you satisfied with below par players.
All footballers miscontrol a ball no matter how good they are. If like you say he just shins the ball all the time he wouldnt of got a sniff of scoring at the weekend.

I watch game after game on the lookout for the ball rebounding off Sissokos shin but it just doesnt happen. No one has ever suggested he is the messiah, simply a player putting in decent performances and getting better with each game. If you think a below par player gets anywhere near a Poch team and stays there, you really are deluded....

The 'hype' of his improvement has to be reinforced because of posters like you practically making things up about Sissoko.

This thing about 'shin ball' is nothing but a myth. You talk about his goal and criticise his control, but if you knew anything about playing football you'd know that how he had to control that spinning ball in the first place required skill, and if his control was as bad as you imply he wouldnt of even had the chance to score as the ball would have rebounded out of play when he tried to control it....
He didn't control it, it bounced off his foot to a defender, who then missed the ball completely. From his body shape it's clear he wasn't trying to do what he did. Then he tries to shoot and ends up kicking it against a defender (I think he may have kicked it onto his own heel on the way, but not sure) and it bobbles in.

The only abilities he showed in scoring that goal are running and perseverance.

All footballers miscontrol a ball no matter how good they are. If like you say he just shins the ball all the time he wouldnt of got a sniff of scoring at the weekend.

I watch game after game on the lookout for the ball rebounding off Sissokos shin but it just doesnt happen. No one has ever suggested he is the messiah, simply a player putting in decent performances and getting better with each game. If you think a below par player gets anywhere near a Poch team and stays there, you really are deluded....
Did you see the bit where he rounded 4 players to put a perfect through ball in to a Huddersfield player?

All of these pot shots... I'm quite enjoying this btw.

Poor players don't get a chance in pochs team? Wanyama, dembele, lamela all out. I think sissoko playing has nothing to do with this "ability" that you see.

Poor players have been given a chance to do a "job".

Am i saying that he can't control the ball at any time? I'm saying that he doesn't have full command of the ball. And one on one vs the gk .... you will be celebrating before he shoots ... I'll be closing my eyes hoping that it is somehow a goal.

You have confidence in him i have not seen enough of him to suggest that he will be anywhere near the starting team once we have the players back.

If you have not seen him shin or having poor attempts in getting basics right then i guess i really am delusional in expecting a fellow fan to even see why many can't see the player in sissoko.

But to have a slant on it like i want him to fail is nonsense.

I'll ask you to look at the lamela thread. The boy had ability and i thought he would come good. Can't see it in this player.

Did you see the bit where he rounded 4 players to put a perfect through ball in to a Huddersfield player?

And we're back to Sissoko doing one bad thing in a game and this being the stick to beat him with again. Heaven forbid any other player taking a risk, driving forward and losing the ball to the opposition. I remember that moment well, and actually thought how nice it was that we are in a more peaceful time where our players can do something less than perfect and still retain our support, rather than that be held up as the absolute proof that he is brick.

Did you see that time he beat two Huddersfield players in one on the edge of their box and put a good ball in? Ultimate proof that he is epic.

He's doing better but it's that enough to justify his place in the team?

But i trust poch and possibly has seem something in sissokos mentality or game that he could build upon.

And if he is that player that we want in him ... then id love to eat brick fed by many on here

Yeah, definitely enough to justify his place in the team. He is a very obvious contributor in a team that is winning for the most part. I think he's also a good team player, in terms of pass selection, and a good worker. He is more physical than most but physical box to box midfielders always have a harder time getting over with Spurs fans that deep lying playmakers or hard running, non scoring strikers.

CritIcising Sissoko's control for his actual goal now in this thread? Unbelievable.

Yeah, definitely enough to justify his place in the team. He is a very obvious contributor in a team that is winning for the most part. I think he's also a good team player, in terms
And we're back to Sissoko doing one bad thing in a game and this being the stick to beat him with again. Heaven forbid any other player taking a risk, driving forward and losing the ball to the opposition. I remember that moment well, and actually thought how nice it was that we are in a more peaceful time where our players can do something less than perfect and still retain our support, rather than that be held up as the absolute proof that he is brick.

Did you see that time he beat two Huddersfield players in one on the edge of their box and put a good ball in? Ultimate proof that he is epic.

Done with this thread

CritIcising Sissoko's control for his actual goal now in this thread? Unbelievable.

Wasting you breath mate, their are some who will never admit their first impressions of him were over the top, ( crap, never a footballer, waste of space, shin merchant etc,etc etc.)

It seem to me there are some who are hoping that he remains as bad as they first said, that way they do not have to admit they may be wrong.

If a player does a really, really clumsy thing every match then of course it will stand out.

Good footballers don't do something that clumsy that often.

If a player does a really, really clumsy thing every match then of course it will stand out.

Good footballers don't do something that clumsy that often.

He drove forward, beat a few players, realised he was at a dead end, tried to turn back and didn't find a team mate. A pacey player going on a run ahead of his team mates - often that drives a team forward if used at the right time. Maybe it wasn't the right time in that situation but it's hardly 'really, really clumsy'.

The closest first team regular we have who will go on fast runs with the ball is Son. Let's see how many blind alleys he goes up in his next start where he loses the ball. I bet a fair few. They have to do it, they won't get every one of them right, but they don't deserve it being held up as an example of terrible play because of it.

Is the right term irony? Sarcasm? There was something I was doing with that bolded comment but it certainly wasn't being 100% serious.

I thought the rest of it was sarcastic and that bit serious haha.

I guess we will just have to disagree for the time being. Happily will give the man his dues if it is my opinion.

Conclusion: in my opinion he doesnt look like he will be here long due to looking at his competition for places. Good luck to him i hope smashes it for us.

But currently i can't see why praising the basics is something i need to agree with. His improvement may be evident but for me that it is not enough improvement to take him seriously.

and there are those that have a differing opinion and do not deserve to be silenced, this isn't RAWK you know

#thatwayliesmadness

Get a grip :rolleyes: no one is trying to silence anyone, but after a while banging your head on a brick wall gets tedious, hence the "wasting your time" comment.

He has the control of an average centre back, but is trying to play further forward. It's like putting Gary Doherty up front, or watching Kaboul rampage down the right wing.

It can sometimes work, but it is a blunt instrument.

His displays have risen from 3/10 to 5/10, so he is definitely progressing.

Wasting you breath mate, their are some who will never admit their first impressions of him were over the top, ( crap, never a footballer, waste of space, shin merchant etc,etc etc.)

It seem to me there are some who are hoping that he remains as bad as they first said, that way they do not have to admit they may be wrong.

Absolute hogwash who exactly?

The people that don't see his "improvement" as significant enough to get plaudits getting excited over a pass.

Those saying players like son can have a off day and no one will say anything .... comparing a player on a off day vs a player on apparent ascendency says it all.

Further to this sonny has earned the right to have more than a few off days.

Back