• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so can sign a pre-contract next January.

He's also got a fight on to make the Belgian squad for the Euros, so needs to be playing regularly this winter/spring.

Again that's some spurious comments as he absent struggled yet to get in the Belgium squad since he has been with us. He is still held in the highest regard according to the Belgians I chat too at the Lane

He started all the games he has been fit for this season so i really do not get why people are talking about him not getting game time.

Only when Son and Njie hadn't arrived/settled, Lamela was behind in pre-season because of Copa America and Townsend was injured. They've all leaped ahead of him again now.

Again that's some spurious comments as he absent struggled yet to get in the Belgium squad since he has been with us. He is still held in the highest regard according to the Belgians I chat too at the Lane

They've only got 8/9 midfield berths in their 23 and Witsel, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Mertens, Chadli, Defour and Tielemans are ahead of him for starters.

I think he will start if Bentaleb isn't fit, but if Nabil is fit, no way. Especially in that holding position, it is important to win the ball and move it quickly and progressively. Moussa holds it.
Steff I don't think he is competing with Bentaleb,
Mason or Dier for one of the 2 positions in front of the defence. Poch seems to have abandoned
this. I think he will be one of the three behind Kane where he is very effective at winning the ball high up the pitch. It's interesting that Poch rates him more than fans on this board. After all he survived the cull of deadwood last summer. Imo he will only be moved on if HE decides that he wants to start every game. I personally want him to stay, he gives much strength to our midfield. You need this kind of player to help out the tippy tappers.

Steff I don't think he is competing with Bentaleb,
Mason or Dier for one of the 2 positions in front of the defence. Poch seems to have abandoned
this. I think he will be one of the three behind Kane where he is very effective at winning the ball high up the pitch. It's interesting that Poch rates him more than fans on this board. After all he survived the cull of deadwood last summer. Imo he will only be moved on if HE decides that he wants to start every game. I personally want him to stay, he gives much strength to our midfield. You need this kind of player to help out the tippy tappers.

I thought Dembele turned down the move to Sunderland (rightly so, as his mate Advocaat didn't last long)?

I thought Dembele turned down the move to Sunderland (rightly so, as his mate Advocaat didn't last long)?
You thought, but I would hazard a guess that you don't know what really happened. If Poch did not want him it's strange that he started in our first three games. This from a manager who we know tends to marginalise players who do not fit into his plans. You and other fans who are in the "Dembele is not good enough" camp conveniently ignore our home games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool away last season. He showed in those three performances that he is a BIG game player. If he was really as detrimental to the way we play as some on here want to make out then it's strange that we played so well in those games. I understand he can be frustrating but then I can't think of a single spurs player in my life time who hasn't been. I can't understand those who want him gone especially as we have a potentially arduous Europa and Premier League campaign with a chance to finish top 4. We need to have lots of different options. I hope he stays.

We seem to have moved away from the double pivot this season. Dier has made a success of the dedicated DM role. The problem now is that we don't have a direct ready made like-for- like replacement. Of the players available, Dembele is probably the best we have available for the Liverpool game. I agree with Robspur12, he is a talented player who brings some much needed strength to our midfield but he is better further forward.

It will be interesting to see how Poch deals with this conundrum against tge Scousers. Personally, I would play him and ask him to play the DM role and move the ball simply and quickly. Let's see if he can do it.

Dembele isnt a big game player he is a player who suits us when teams attack us

That means he has a big role to play but is it enough for him?

In the 3.5 years he's been with us? Aged 25-28? His peak?

He is a typical Spurs midfielder who always lose his skills and form after we signed him. I think you can count with 1 hand the number of midfielders who actually done well after joining us.

He is a typical Spurs midfielder who always lose his skills and form after we signed him. I think you can count with 1 hand the number of midfielders who actually done well after joining us.

How far back can I go to prove you wrong (I.e. when did you start following the team)?

You thought, but I would hazard a guess that you don't know what really happened. If Poch did not want him it's strange that he started in our first three games. This from a manager who we know tends to marginalise players who do not fit into his plans. You and other fans who are in the "Dembele is not good enough" camp conveniently ignore our home games against Ar5ena1, Chel53a and Liverpool away last season. He showed in those three performances that he is a BIG game player. If he was really as detrimental to the way we play as some on here want to make out then it's strange that we played so well in those games. I understand he can be frustrating but then I can't think of a single spurs player in my life time who hasn't been. I can't understand those who want him gone especially as we have a potentially arduous Europa and Premier League campaign with a chance to finish top 4. We need to have lots of different options. I hope he stays.

Dembele has done OK for us under Poch in advanced positions against the big teams because he is excellent at defending from the front and impossible to get off the ball. In deeper positions he hampers our play because he does not release the ball quick enough. That said, he may be the least worst option today alongside Alli.

Dembele has done OK for us under Poch in advanced positions against the big teams because he is excellent at defending from the front and impossible to get off the ball. In deeper positions he hampers our play because he does not release the ball quick enough. That said, he may be the least worst option today alongside Alli.
He is not a defensive midfielder and should always start as one of the three behind the striker. Personally I would play alderweireld as the defensive midfielder today and dembele in the more advanced position to give us more solidity.

Back