• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

The out-of-favour Belgian has started just four of 11 games for Spurs this season following the emergence of Eric Dier and Dele Alli in midfield.

And now Tuttosport claim Napoli have already 'agreed personal terms' with Dembele and are expected to table a £10.3million bid in January.

Id take 10 million albeit this is from The Express which is full of brick.

Would be a good price. He's also coming into the last 18 months of his contract - so his value is only going to drop

I think he might do very well in Italy with its slower build up play.

If we manage to get £10m for him, £6m for Fazio and £2/3m for Carroll (6 months left on contract), that's a decent sum raised for another Son/Alder calibre signing.

Would be a good price. He's also coming into the last 18 months of his contract - so his value is only going to drop

I think he might do very well in Italy with its slower build up play.

If we manage to get £10m for him, £6m for Fazio and £2/3m for Carroll (6 months left on contract), that's a decent sum raised for another Son/Alder calibre signing.

Cant argue with any of that, would make sense for the club and for all 3 players.

The out-of-favour Belgian has started just four of 11 games for Spurs this season following the emergence of Eric Dier and Dele Alli in midfield.

And now Tuttosport claim Napoli have already 'agreed personal terms' with Dembele and are expected to table a £10.3million bid in January.

Id take 10 million albeit this is from The Express which is full of brick.

I would agree with both of those opinions. For me Dembele is a good player but more often then not he flatters to deceive.

I'm a big Dembele supporter, but I think it's clear Poch doesn't really fancy him when all players are fit, so 10m would be decent enough (I wouldn't accept lower than that though this year). I personally think he's a very valuable player for certain games and he'd be one of the first on the team sheet for plenty of tricky away games, as proved in Jan/Feb last season when we played our best football, Poch seems to disagree though so only one winner in that battle.

That express article prob doesn't make one mention that he's been injured the last month and before the injury he was a regular?

I'm a big Dembele supporter, but I think it's clear Poch doesn't really fancy him when all players are fit, so 10m would be decent enough (I wouldn't accept lower than that though this year). I personally think he's a very valuable player for certain games and he'd be one of the first on the team sheet for plenty of tricky away games, as proved in Jan/Feb last season when we played our best football, Poch seems to disagree though so only one winner in that battle.

That express article prob doesn't make one mention that he's been injured the last month and before the injury he was a regular?

Nope just says he is out of favour so the fact they dont realise he is injured is intriguing..........

I do agree that he's useful to bring off the bench if we are trying to hold onto a lead away to one of the other top 6. He can suck the life out of a game like no one since Ray Wilkins. But can you keep a £10m player on the payroll for such a limited role?

I'm not sure he's ever been fit since he first started getting problems with his hip in early 2013. I think that's part of the problem, rather than an excuse.

Nope just says he is out of favour so the fact they dont realise he is injured is intriguing..........

Was he really in favour though? I know he started the campaign in the side, but that was before Son and Njie arrived/settled, while Townsend was injured, and while Lamela was just back from Copa America.

Those games he and Chadli were our wide pairing were our worst performances of the season. Son and Lamela coming into the side have been such a breath of fresh air.

Hmm, I did wonder if the link Milo posted last week between us and this 'New Eden Hazard' from Lille, Sofiane Boufal (http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-new-eden-hazard-sofiane-boufal-a3083536.html) meant that we were planning to move on one of our CMs. It didn't seem to make sense otherwise....

Doesn't Boufal play the Eriksen role? Meaning the long term future of Eriksen or Pritchard would come into question.

I don't think Dembele would need replacing. It just clears the path a bit for Onomah to start challenging the current AMs.

£10m for him would be great business. He's an ok player but doesn't produce much in terms of goals/assists and dwells on the ball for too long. Plus he's 28 so too old to correct these faults, and he also wont want to hang around as a bit part player

Good deal for all parties if true

£10m for him would be great business. He's an ok player but doesn't produce much in terms of goals/assists and dwells on the ball for too long. Plus he's 28 so too old to correct these faults, and he also wont want to hang around as a bit part player

Good deal for all parties if true

I think he s better than an ok player.

Dembele has two challenges

- Consistency, at his best, he is a lot better than the player you tend to see day in, day out.
- Tempo, just don't think he's suited for our tempo (or at least the tempo we strive for)

If the rumours have any accuracy to them, it would make sense for him, Italy = slower tempo, possession based games, both things he could provide significant value to

Would be sad to see him go but whatever Pochettino ultimately thinks is best.
Think he's a fantastic player and we always have more control over games with him in the side

If it's true then fine, but I question the validity of it when they seem to think he is out of favour and not injured. They also used quotes from last summer when we know he was unsettled and the "sources" are Italian.

Back