• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

He has only played 4 of 11 games? is he not injured? and did he not start the majority of the matches he was fit for?

I would not sell.Winning things is about having a strong squad
and I think we would be mad to sell.

We have 8 senior AMs for 3 positions. It's the only part of the squad where we are still baggy.

Our midfield injuries have been exceptionally high this season (Bentaleb, Mason, Pritchard, Townsend, Son) and yet we've still got a lot of better options than him.

He has only played 4 of 11 games? is he not injured? and did he not start the majority of the matches he was fit for?

He started the first 4 games and then got injured against Everton. His first game back was against Swansea where he came off the bench. He had been out of the matchday squad before then because of that injury.

He started the first 4 games and then got injured against Everton. His first game back was against Swansea where he came off the bench. He had been out of the matchday squad before then because of that injury.

With him P4 W0 D3 L1
Without P7 W4 D2 L1

Quite telling - essentially we struggle to score when he's in the team

I would argue that the return of Eriksen coupled with Lamela and Son joining the team are bigger factors than Dembele being injured. I'd also argue that the midfield has looked different too with us having a more aggressive formation. With Dembele in the side we played in a different manner. He was less of a problem than the likes of Chadli and Kane who were both missing good chances to score.

I would argue that the return of Eriksen coupled with Lamela and Son joining the team are bigger factors than Dembele being injured. I'd also argue that the midfield has looked different too with us having a more aggressive formation. With Dembele in the side we played in a different manner. He was less of a problem than the likes of Chadli and Kane who were both missing good chances to score.

Bingo

GB has a big dislike of Dembele but he p,aged a big role in of big successes last season

Dembele was probably our best attacking player in those games which says a lot about how we played and how the rest of the team needed to step up which they did with the new signings and more effort all round (shocker)

With him P4 W0 D3 L1
Without P7 W4 D2 L1

I seem to remember him playing well when we banged 5 past Chelsea. I remember him pressing the brick out of the Arsenal back line when we beat them. Are you saying if he had not played we would have scored more?

I seem to remember him playing well when we banged 5 past Chel53a. I remember him pressing the brick out of the Ar5ena1 back line when we beat them. Are you saying if he had not played we would have scored more?

Yeah he is

Dembele has faults but against the best sides he was so important last season and in the few games he has played this season he was our best attacking threat

Yes we have stepped up in his absence but as I said earlier it was more to do with players like Son joining, more luck and much more effort all round

As I have said before he is a good player but he flatters to deceive, over 100 games and under 3 different managers and we still struggle to find him a place. From reports he is on his way to Italy in Jan and its probably the best for him and the club. ( imo).

With him P4 W0 D3 L1
Without P7 W4 D2 L1

Hmmm, what were these stats when he was brought back in to the team in jan and feb last year? In fact I'm pretty sure you were saying that these sort of stats weren't relevant then!

As others have said, I think there's a huge amount of other variables that caused that record at the start of this season, not simply Dembele being in and out of the team! By a similar analysis your mate Mason wouldn't look too favorable either (I rate Mason by the way, just trying to show you how you shouldn't just pick and chose what stats to use and take out all context).

Wasn't the general consensus that we were the superior team in most of those early matches? So bascially those stats tell us nothing at all really, and even less about his performances in those matches. From my recollection he was MOM in one of those early matches and pretty decent in most of the others.

In saying that I do think he has to step up this season in terms of goals/assists or he'll likely be shifted on.

He will be moved on for his sake and ours IMO as you can't have a £10m asset not in a match day squad at a club that isn't mega rich

His strength is ball retention and against attacking sides that's a huge thing as demonstrated when teams attacked us last year

Coincidentally the early games this season were against sides that didn't attack us yet he was still arguably our most effective attacking Panter in what was a poor start but one where we were the better side in every game.

If your picking our best 11 he wouldnt be in it, but if your picking a squad he would be for me. It clearly that wouldn't suit him. You can't keep a play for the few games where people actually play attacking football and even Man Utd have moved away from that

I am going to go against the grain here and predict he will start against pool. We are missing Dier and so will need Moussa's strength in the middle of the park.

If that 10m can go towards an acceptable offer for Berahino...

I agree with most arguments here - he is a good player well worth a place in the squad, but not the right type of player for our tactics to be a regular starter and with that in mind should probably be sold

For the record, I don't see him sticking around for that many more years when we have the likes of Alli and to a latter extent Onomah to bring through. IMO there could be some truth in the article, my argument was that they were wrong to state that he hasn't been playing because he is out of favour when clearly he has been injured.

For the record, I don't see him sticking around for that many more years when we have the likes of Alli and to a latter extent Onomah to bring through. IMO there could be some truth in the article, my argument was that they were wrong to state that he hasn't been playing because he is out of favour when clearly he has been injured.

He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so can sign a pre-contract next January.

He's also got a fight on to make the Belgian squad for the Euros, so needs to be playing regularly this winter/spring.

I think he will start if Bentaleb isn't fit, but if Nabil is fit, no way. Especially in that holding position, it is important to win the ball and move it quickly and progressively. Moussa holds it.

He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so can sign a pre-contract next January.

He's also got a fight on to make the Belgian squad for the Euros, so needs to be playing regularly this winter/spring.

He started all the games he has been fit for this season so i really do not get why people are talking about him not getting game time.

Back