• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Tottenham slap £15m price-tag on Mousa Dembele to warn off suitors

The Belgian international, still with two years left on his White Hart Lane contract, told Tottenham's official website: "I want to score goals and make goals.

"I'm happy I started and I just try to develop every time I play, I want to show everyone what I can do.

"I hope to fight for the team and that's the first thing I'll do, fight for the team and try to do what the manager asks of me.

"I've played a few games on the right now and I've been able to focus on being dangerous in front of goal and trying to do that more and more.

"The statistics will show that I need to score more goals so this is something I want to improve this season and show I can be more potent in front of goal."

positive attitude there, good to read.....if Poch is wanting him to play more as a LWF then i guess that means we wont be buying anyone for that position. I doubt we will get rid of both Townsend and Lamela before the window closes

I'd take £1.5m for him. I was really hopeful Advocat would take him to Sunderland

Him and Vorm are about the only player left at the club, after this summer's clear-out, who I don't rate.

I'd take £1.5m for him. I was really hopeful Advocat would take him to Sunderland

Him and Vorm are about the only player left at the club, after this summer's clear-out, who I don't rate.

Did you not think his pressing on Saturday was really good? It led us to a good few opportunities that we wasted. That was so noticeable after just 1 game, I'm looking forward to the new Mousa Dembele under Pochettino. His attitude should be praised IMO.

Well I would hope we get more then that for him but he is a luxury player who has all the skills but very rarely does it have a finish to it. As I have said he promises much but very rarely delivers .

Did you not think his pressing on Saturday was really good? It led us to a good few opportunities that we wasted. That was so noticeable after just 1 game, I'm looking forward to the new Mousa Dembele under Pochettino. His attitude should be praised IMO.

For the first 15 minutes he did ok. But playing any CM on the wing will give you added solidity. It was hardly a 'Davids from 2004/5'-esque performance.

He and Chadli were a horrible wide pairing (I like Chadli, but they aren't complementary). It stopped us being overrun, but was the reason we created nothing. I've always said Dembele is a good defensive player - the problem is he creates turgid through his crippling lack of vision and assertiveness

For the first 15 minutes he did ok. But playing any CM on the wing will give you added solidity. It was hardly a 'Davids from 2004/5'-esque performance.

He and Chadli were a horrible wide pairing (I like Chadli, but they aren't complementary). It stopped us being overrun, but was the reason we created nothing. I've always said Dembele is a good defensive player - the problem is he creates turgid through his crippling lack of vision and assertiveness

Dembele actually started out as a wide attacking forward, and converted to centre mid.....right now he is just going back to what he was, like if Poch decided to push Mason up into Eriksen's position.

i agree that on Saturday we were set up not to be overrun

Sorry but that's absolute drivel imo.

Look at this for some fine examples of how well we did press (Dembele playing a big part in it)
http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...r-tactical-analysis-pochettino-press-midfield

I'm not saying he was amazing, but he showed a willingness to adapt his game which I think (along with his natural talent) should afford him more time to flourish. I like that Pochettino sees something in him even if you don't

Man united tore us apart last season down that side

On Saturday they had one shot done that side

Dembele should ages scored when wrongly flagged offside

He isn't a wide midfielder but he was more effective than any other option we had available on the day

Dembele actually started out as a wide attacking forward, and converted to centre mid.....right now he is just going back to what he was, like if Poch decided to push Mason up into Eriksen's position.

i agree that on Saturday we were set up not to be overrun

He's about twice the weight now and has picked up a dodgy hip since he used to be a nimble winger.

Look at this for some fine examples of how well we did press (Dembele playing a big part in it)
http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...r-tactical-analysis-pochettino-press-midfield

I'm not saying he was amazing, but he showed a willingness to adapt his game which I think (along with his natural talent) should afford him more time to flourish. I like that Pochettino sees something in him even if you don't

It's never his defensive work that has been in question. It's his ability to use the ball. There was no sign of him trying to transition the ball quickly and aggressively like Poch like his players to

It's never his defensive work that has been in question. It's his ability to use the ball. There was no sign of him trying to transition the ball quickly and aggressively like Poch like his players to

hence why he should go back to the position that he played so well in for Jol and why we paid the money for him. Both Sherwood and now Poch see that he can beat a man with ease and keep possesion so think he should play further forward. But the reason Jol moved him back was all the reasons people mention on here. No eye for a pass and never seems to choose to shoot.

So. Easy. Move him back to DM where we have a glaring need and why we bought him in the first place. Yes he is not a destroyer type, but he is brilliant at picking off runs and intercepting passes, keeping possession and then moving it onto to a forward player.

hence why he should go back to the position that he played so well in for Jol and why we paid the money for him. Both Sherwood and now Poch see that he can beat a man with ease and keep possesion so think he should play further forward. But the reason Jol moved him back was all the reasons people mention on here. No eye for a pass and never seems to choose to shoot.

So. Easy. Move him back to DM where we have a glaring need and why we bought him in the first place. Yes he is not a destroyer type, but he is brilliant at picking off runs and intercepting passes, keeping possession and then moving it onto to a forward player.

It's easy for me

Play him with Mason and bentelab

Add alli and Carroll into the mix and we actually have the makings of a solid 3 across the midfield in a system that worked so well for us last season

I honestly think he was played on the right on Saturday as we had no viable alternative that Poch was happy with. It was more to do with mousa being played out of position being better than playing someone else there

He does more harm to our attack at CM though. The delaying there allows teams to get back and set against us. Sherwood and Poch moved him further forward in an effort to cure turgid.

A very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.

Seems Chadli does do some defensive work correctly!

Back