• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Me too, and when he starts dancing around opponents like some ballet dancing Hulk it's a thing of beauty.

Just that nagging "could have been so much more" frustrated voice in the back of my head.

Agreed... Dembélé is a pleasure to watch when he’s in full flight and is almost up there with Gazza in terms of sheer natural talent. Can only imagine the player he’d have become if Pochettino got his wish and had the opportunity to hone Dembele’s genius when he was 18 or 19 years old, back when drawing comparisons with Patrick Kluivert...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-star-mousa-dembele-reveals-3346681

"I supported Barcelona when I was young and I was a fan of Patrick Kluivert," said Dembele. "It was crazy because he was at Alkmaar when I was there. He wanted to become a manager so he went there with Louis van Gaal and he spent a lot of time with me with advice and tips.

"He sends me messages and hes a really nice guy. When I was young everybody said I looked like him and had the same style as him. He was good with his back to the goal and I do play like him a bit.“

What is up with him? Been on the bench for the last 4/5 games now. Is he not capable of starting or does Poch just prefer Winks at the moment. I'd like him starting for the derby.

What is up with him? Been on the bench for the last 4/5 games now. Is he not capable of starting or does Poch just prefer Winks at the moment. I'd like him starting for the derby.

Is coming back from two different injuries, suspect Poch is just being careful.

Love Dembele's 'getting in the face' attitude. Solid beast.
tottenham_hotspurs_belgian_midfielder_mousa_dembele_r_clashes_wi_599721.jpg

Crazy thing is that Nainggolan isn't getting a chance with Belgium for being a bit of a character and they're picking Dembele who seems more interested in bust ups than football in his limited time on the pitch of late.

I'm trying to find the current squad for Belgium sqad, has Dembele been picked again?

Crazy thing is that Nainggolan isn't getting a chance with Belgium for being a bit of a character and they're picking Dembele who seems more interested in bust ups than football in his limited time on the pitch of late.

I'm trying to find the current squad for Belgium sqad, has Dembele been picked again?

Aside from the Real Madrid match, which other games are you basing that assessment on?

Aside from the Real Madrid match, which other games are you basing that assessment on?

He hasn't seemed a happy bunny in a few other games of late, but I'll admit my post is somewhat melodramatic as the stonewall explicit example (recently) is the Madrid game. It still irks me as it could so easily have been a straight red putting the team under big pressure and we'd have lost him for remaining group games (where topping the group could be vital in terms of progress..)

My point re Belgium isn't valid until I've found out whether Dembele is in and Nainggolan is out but fitness and form should have to come in to it somewhere, I know the latter plays more advanced than the former of late but it is still an odd one.

http://www.belgianfootball.be/en/red-devils-team-selection

Nainggolan is in there along with Chadli, Lukaku(x2), Dembele and Verts to name a few of the EPL based players. Two friendlies against semi decent opposition at home in Belgium. Hopefully Dembele won't get more than 45 mins total.

I don't think Dembele has acted up since the battle of the bridge/Costa eye gouge - which I also wholeheartedly support despite the ban. He's just a hard mofo who puts himself about a bit as part of his normal game. I'm looking froward to seeing Wheelchair bounce off him a few times in the NLD.

He hasn't seemed a happy bunny in a few other games of late, but I'll admit my post is somewhat melodramatic as the stonewall explicit example (recently) is the Madrid game. It still irks me as it could so easily have been a straight red putting the team under big pressure and we'd have lost him for remaining group games (where topping the group could be vital in terms of progress..)

My point re Belgium isn't valid until I've found out whether Dembele is in and Nainggolan is out but fitness and form should have to come in to it somewhere, I know the latter plays more advanced than the former of late but it is still an odd one.
Don't be stupid, you can't expect Nainggolan to play with a massive throat injury like this
5646.jpg

I think the days of Dembele being a first 11 starter are over. I think he is nursing constant pain TBH, or at the very least irritation. I certainly would not expect him to displace Winks right now. I think the Winks/Dier combo is an excellent one, and Winks offers us such a great quick-passing-quick-vision dimension that he is (IMO) a first-11 player. Dembele in certain games or off the bench is a wonderful asset, and thank goodness we have him, but I believe Winks offers the team more.

I think the days of Dembele being a first 11 starter are over. I think he is nursing constant pain TBH, or at the very least irritation. I certainly would not expect him to displace Winks right now. I think the Winks/Dier combo is an excellent one, and Winks offers us such a great quick-passing-quick-vision dimension that he is (IMO) a first-11 player. Dembele in certain games or off the bench is a wonderful asset, and thank goodness we have him, but I believe Winks offers the team more.
Can only hope that we're managing him carefully thinking that he'll return to better fitness levels later this season.

Winks is doing very well, but can't be asked to start every game.

If Dembele is struggling as badly as you suggest we should look at either bringing back Onomah or signing someone in January.

I don't think Dembele is ready for the scrap heap just yet. We know he's playing through pain and recovering from injury but I think these substitute appearances are just a way of managing him slowly back to fitness. Winks is the future (along with Onomah) but we have still got a year left of Dembele IMO. Hopefully the second half of this season sees him start more games and get replaced around the usual 65 minute mark.

Sadly this. He's always been a bit injury prone, this will only get worse as he gets older. I liken him to Ledley King in the sense that he can be out for x number of games/weeks and still immediately get back up to speed i.e. to his normal high level in his first game back.

Added to the fact that Winks has been excellent makes your above scenario seem more likely ever day.

Poch needs to make a big decision with Dembele in Jan and be ruthless. He came back from injury a while ago and then took ages to get (supposedly) match fit, yet could only complete 60 mins today. Great player, but having a player in the squad who cant play two games in a week (two games per month is a struggle for him) and who needs a pre-planned sub, is a real problem. We either have to carry an extra CM in the squad, in which case any appearance from Dembele is a bonus, or just get rid of him/add him to the coaching staff. Shame, because he's incredibly talented, but he cant be relied upon any longer

He was moving fine before the sub I thought. I guess despite what he said himself during the week he is still not 100% match fit. Alli should have been hooked first IMO.

Back