• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Yes and no - Dembele could easily have got a red card for the kick at Ramos late on. If he'd actually connected with Ramos properly, I cant see that he'd have stayed on. Didn't need to lose his head like that

Yeah, I don't understand why he was so angry! It was right from the moment he came on. tinkled off because he didn't start? Seemed strange in a game we controlled so well. I'm all for aggression, but he was a bit over the top.

Sorry, but I thought it was plain stupid. Im all for showing we arent going to get bullied, but we was absolutely cruising and there was no need to do anything stupid. He should have easily got sent off....

I agree with the above.

Ah, there you go. My bad. So much for trusting my own failing memory and the live text update of Norway's biggest newspaper.
I think there was a long delay before the ref produced it. I had let off many inappropriate expletives in front my kids about Ramos not getting carded for that before the yellow appeared.

I love Dembele and thought he was world class for some time but....

Unless he can get and stay fit now his place for me is taken by Winksy

Don’t get me wrong with Dier covering for Toby we can now see dembele and winksy play together but the way that young harry is developing it couldn’t be better timed

I love Dembele and thought he was world class for some time but....

Unless he can get and stay fit now his place for me is taken by Winksy

Don’t get me wrong with Dier covering for Toby we can now see dembele and winksy play together but the way that young harry is developing it couldn’t be better timed

I get what you are saying mate and i do agree accept for one thing, i have never thought Dembélé delivered what he should have done ( with the ability he has) and was never world class in my opinion.

Good player yes but i always thought he could have been better with a bit more drive in him. I fully expect to be slated for saying that but that's how i see him.

I get what you are saying mate and i do agree accept for one thing, i have never thought Dembélé delivered what he should have done ( with the ability he has) and was never world class in my opinion.

Good player yes but i always thought he could have been better with a bit more drive in him. I fully expect to be slated for saying that but that's how i see him.

I’ve seen him boss every player in this league and nonone can do what he can

But he has to do it more often and he has to stay fit

Winks has stepped in lately and played a similar role but wth a different style

His passing is a lot better but his dribbling isn’t as good (Dembeles is the best in Europe arguably)

I remember seeing him play for Fulham and not being overly impressed that often. There was obviously a good player in there but his finishing wasn't up to much IIRC. It's like he has gone through a large part of his career without truly believing how good he could actually be until Poch got hold of him.

Better late than never because when he's fully fit and on song he is a pleasure to watch. The problem has obviously been his over-familiarity with our medical department over the years and that's a real shame.

I still think we will miss what he brings to the table when he goes, though.

It depends. As good as Winks is becoming, you need Dembeles physical presence against a lot of the better teams, and it’s not like you’re losing a lot in possession either as he’s so good on the ball....

Dembele fit still starts for me, but that’s becoming less and less frequent. Winks is a fantastic option to have, as someone else said, the timing of Winks emergence and Dembele’s worsening fitness couldn’t have been better timed. Winks is fast becoming one of my favourites and that’s saying something with the amazing talent and seemingly decent blokes we have in the squad now.

I’d happily keep Dembele around for a couple of seasons though, 20 odd games of Moussa could still be vital, similar to how Carrick has remained at Old Trafford past his best years.

Some people have just never rated Dembele and some, like me, always have, he’s like marmite for Spurs fan on the internet at least. I’ve never heard anyone not rate him at games though, as his reception the other night shows.

If Dembele knew how to score, he'd be the best CM in the world.

And there lays the problem for me, with the ability he has his assist and scoring record is poor ( to say the least), as i said earlier good player but he should have been even better. I think i have read somewhere that Poch has said that if he had got Dembélé when he was a lot younger he would/could have been so much more.

If Dembele knew how to score, he'd be the best CM in the world.
Scoring would be one way. But in the deeper role he plays most of the time now very few players are prolific goalscorers. More creativity though, for me, is the big stumbling block. Quick pass and move football, dictating the tempo, knowing when to release the ball. Like goalscoring fairly complex skills.

Back