• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Wow hadn’t seen that at Wembley - absolutely fudging love that Dembele responded by wiping the little clam out!

Yes and no - Dembele could easily have got a red card for the kick at Ramos late on. If he'd actually connected with Ramos properly, I cant see that he'd have stayed on. Didn't need to lose his head like that

Yes and no - Dembele could easily have got a red card for the kick at Ramos late on. If he'd actually connected with Ramos properly, I cant see that he'd have stayed on. Didn't need to lose his head like that
I think by the rules it could have been a red as it was as it could be seen as revenge. Had it been Alli doing that I think the reaction here would have been a bit different.

That said Ramos obviously also could have seen a direct red, and there were about 4-5 situations where he should have gotten a yellow.

Great to have him back. With Dier shifting to defence to cover for Alderweireld'd injury, Dembele will help strengthen the midfield again.

He seemed so fired up last night. Good to see. And the crowd reception for him was special too.

I think continental referees underestimate Dembele's strength though. I'm sure he was penalised at one stage for outmuscling an opponent.

Yeah, I don't understand why he was so angry! It was right from the moment he came on. tinkled off because he didn't start? Seemed strange in a game we controlled so well. I'm all for aggression, but he was a bit over the top.

He was like it against Man U also. I think its frustration at being injured and then watching these big games from the sidelines.

Probably not fully fit being left on the bench and Sissoko getting on ahead of him.

I wonder if we can convince Belgium that he needs a break.

Sorry, but I thought it was plain stupid. Im all for showing we arent going to get bullied, but we was absolutely cruising and there was no need to do anything stupid. He should have easily got sent off....

Agreed. Considering the opposition they could have been right back in it with us a man short, even with five minutes to go

The dude cost us severely with less than savory actions in a bitterly disappointing end to a season not so long ago, meant to be one of the experienced heads in the squad so do expect better from him and I'm fairly certain that Poch will feel the same (or at least want him to be a bit more inconspicuous a la Lamela on Fibreglass...)

I'd like to see him start on Sunday, so he can display more of his positive aspects prior to the int break and it's much more likely now as presumably Dier will move back to fill in for Toby.

Sorry, but I thought it was plain stupid. Im all for showing we arent going to get bullied, but we was absolutely cruising and there was no need to do anything stupid. He should have easily got sent off....

Don't think 10 men with 10 minutes to go would have been that much of a disaster.

I think, they had scored, everyone was probably expecting wave after wave of pressure, Dembele came in, kicked the brick of their most aggressive player (who hit him repeatedly with his arm in the one tackle) and broke up the game.

Either he's really on the angry juice, or he was instructed to be in the face.

I think by the rules it could have been a red as it was as it could be seen as revenge. Had it been Alli doing that I think the reaction here would have been a bit different.

That said Ramos obviously also could have seen a direct red, and there were about 4-5 situations where he should have gotten a yellow.

Don't want to turn this into a Ramos thread obviously, but how he didn't get a yellow for either the imaginary card waving or the ironic applause to the ref, is unbelievable. Those two alone should have seen him sent off. Not to mention repeatedly slapping Dembele in the face, then pretending he's the one who got hit.

Easily one of the top ten clams in football.

Don't want to turn this into a Ramos thread obviously, but how he didn't get a yellow for either the imaginary card waving or the ironic applause to the ref, is unbelievable. Those two alone should have seen him sent off. Not to mention repeatedly slapping Dembele in the face, then pretending he's the one who got hit.

Easily one of the top ten clams in football.
He did get a yellow for the ironic (or was it sarcastic o_O) applause I think.

Definitely in the top 5.

He did get a yellow for the ironic (or was it sarcastic o_O) applause I think.

Definitely in the top 5.

Nope, no yellow. Only Dembele was booked, for his wonderful kick out against Ramos - who, unsurprisingly, made a big meal out of not getting hit.

Nope, no yellow. Only Dembele was booked, for his wonderful kick out against Ramos - who, unsurprisingly, made a big meal out of not getting hit.
No he got one for the clapping eventually.

90 min+1: There will be three added minutes. Dier heads Marcelo’s cross away. The ball’s hoofed clear and Ramos brings down Llorente. Ramos responds by sarcastically applauding the decision and earns a booking for dissent.

Back