• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Paulinho is a footballer, that's entirely different.
Most of his time with us he was Sissoko-esque all too often. Especially that ‘shot’ against Villa. Obviously he’s improved, so maybe your boy Sissoko should also use the Chinese League as a stepping stone to Barca.

Most of his time with us he was Sissoko-esque all too often. Especially that ‘shot’ against Villa. Obviously he’s improved, so maybe your boy Sissoko should also use the Chinese League as a stepping stone to Barca.
I don't remember Paulinho ever looking like he'd just discovered what a football is 30 minutes ago. He had some good and bad moments, but always looked as if he had been playing football most of his life.

I think that is now winks I really do

Problem is Dembele needs game to keep fit so it’s a catch 22

Winks and Dembele have different styles of play but the end result is similar in retaining possession and recycling the ball forwards. Obviously Winks will never have the strength of Dembele but Dembele will never be able to pass like Winks.

There was talk of signing someone as a box to box player who went to Lyon in the end last summer that was a little like Dembele in style but rumours were Poch fancied giving Winks more game time which is justified so maybe we are looking to play in a different style going forwards.

Best left there where he plays most weeks, the game time will be so much more valuable to his development in the long term.

But he'd've been better for us yesterday than struggling Dembele or Sissoko at CM.

I think it might just be moving the baton passing from Dembele to him forward 6 months (if Dembele really is struggling as much as is feared)

But he'd've been better for us yesterday than struggling Dembele or Sissoko at CM.

I think it might just be moving the baton passing from Dembele to him forward 6 months (if Dembele really is struggling as much as is feared)

I don't think Dembele is so bad that he's not worthy of a spot in the team, if his loan was cancelled then I dont think he'd play as much as you think. Poch would either bring Foyth or Davies at CB and push Dier up, drop Alli back, put Wanyana in when fit etc as other options than play Josh at the moment.

Don't forget that he's recently won the U20 WC and is starting most games in a side that could well get promoted, that potential winners experience and playing in big games (for the championship) that could decide automatic promotion etc are huge. If we bring him back to be first choice then fair enough but I doubt he'd start more than 5 games in the 2nd half of the season whereas at Villa he may well get 20 starts.

I think that is now winks I really do

Problem is Dembele needs game to keep fit so it’s a catch 22

I do think Winks is a natural player and the more he plays the better he will get, as for Dembélé well he has struggled to keep fit for a while now and i do not think it will get any better.

I don't remember Paulinho ever looking like he'd just discovered what a football is 30 minutes ago. He had some good and bad moments, but always looked as if he had been playing football most of his life.
Sometimes well, mostly for us, horrifically. He’s not quite in the Sissoko league but let’s not rose-tint his stint in our colours.

Sometimes well, mostly for us, horrifically. He’s not quite in the Sissoko league but let’s not rose-tint his stint in our colours.
That's precisely my problem with Sissoko though. I've seen plenty of bad footballers - we've had enough play for us over the last 30 years.

But they all (even Ginger Pele) looked like bad footballers. Sissoko doesn't look like a footballer at all, he looks like a good sprinter who's been asked to kick a football.

Would he? I think he would've done worse than both of them based on the fact that his performances for Villa are still very inconsistent. He is best left where he is until he gains consistency in his performances.

Also lets not write a player off so quickly having cone back from injury. Players can often take a number of games to regain their form. Remember also that Dembele was used to playing in front of Wanyama or Dier and now instead seems to have been asked to play their holding role instead of his more natural game a little further forward.

That's pretty typical, judging his ability and time at Spurs based on ONE bad shot. He was mostly pretty decent while he was here, and would have been a very good addition to our squad at this moment.

That's pretty typical, judging his ability and time at Spurs based on ONE bad shot. He was mostly pretty decent while he was here, and would have been a very good addition to our squad at this moment.
ESPECIALLY the shot was what I said. Overall he was a huge disappointment based on what he'd done before. Not only was he frequently sub par in terms of skill but his application, as I recall, left a lot to be desired. But hey, let's get Paulinho back, that'll solve all our problems.

ESPECIALLY the shot was what I said. Overall he was a huge disappointment based on what he'd done before. Not only was he frequently sub par in terms of skill but his application, as I recall, left a lot to be desired. But hey, let's get Paulinho back, that'll solve all our problems.
I guess it's his lack of skill and application that made him top scorer for Brazil this year, and on par with Ronaldo in La Liga.

I guess it's his lack of skill and application that made him top scorer for Brazil this year, and on par with Ronaldo in La Liga.
I guess his game improved a ton since he left us. Clearly Tottenham were the problem, not him. It is impressive how he has turned his career around.

He would be a huuuuge upgrade on Sissoko.

Back