• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Dembele has become too injury-prone since coming back from his suspension. Until he becomes injury-free, we cannot expect to see the best of him.

He's similar to Ledley King though in the sense that he can step back in immediately after an injury and not even look as if he has been away. But as Parklane says, Poch will eventually need to come to a decision regarding his injury record and possibly replace him.

Lad's still got it. #BeastMode well and truly activated against the Rentboys.

Cheatski players bouncing off him, barely misplacing a pass, tracking and hunting down any players who had had the stupidity to try and run around him. Mousa and Victor were like a mobile hunter killer squadron - making the alleged 'tough guys' in the Cheatski midfield Kante and Matic pretty much redundant.

A big game player, is Mousa Dembele. He's still a key player in this team, you can see how Poch trusts him.

Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+O5oaR4uakxCl.jpg

Best game for season from Dembele, was back to being a monster on the ball, ghosting past players, the dink to Kane was amazing ..

Rest him for cups, play in PL ... easy recipe ...

I love Mousa, but it's like watching harlem globetrotters at the moment. Cameos of skill and beastliness for the sake of it, with no end product.

I think he is one of the first on the team sheet but I find him so frustrating that he goes past people with such ease, why he doesnt do this on the edge of the box or penetrate the box soo much more I dont understand esp when he has Wanyama left behind to cover

I love Mousa, but it's like watching harlem globetrotters at the moment. Cameos of skill and beastliness for the sake of it, with no end product.

I have said before that most of the time he promises much but never really delivers. I know he has lifted his game over the last couple of seasons but he is such a frustrating player.

Last night I got distracted and didn't see Winks come on. A minute later, watching a non HD str.eam, the ball was in midfield and I saw someone play a first time ball wide to Walker, it was so beautiful to see Dembele finally drop the slaloming and just give it to an attacker. Finally! Then I realised it was Winks

Lads if you think Dembele was the problem last night then you were watching a different game to me.

I agree he was not the problem last night, the sending off and our inability to finish the many chances we create was the problem. My comments earlier about Dembélé was about his play generally, with the ability he has he should be showing more ( imo) his goal record and assists are poor for one with his talent.

I agree he was not the problem last night, the sending off and our inability to finish the many chances we create was the problem. My comments earlier about Dembélé was about his play generally, with the ability he has he should be showing more ( imo) his goal record and assists are poor for one with his talent.
Well that is true. His goal output should be far better for someone of his ability but his other strengths more than compensate IMO. Last night for instance when he went off we sort of lost that relentless attacking momentum we had built up. Winks is a great player but I thought it was an unnecessary sub myself. I do understand Poch takes him off regularly for Winks around the 70min mark when he runs out of steam, and maybe he was saving him for Stoke, but last night the sub had no tactical benefit. He was playing superbly right up to the point he was subbed.

As you say the real problem last night was sticking it in the onion bag. We were wasteful in the extreme.The overall performance was good though bar the finishing.

Edit: The sending off was another tiny problem too.

Last edited:
Well that is true. His goal output should be far better for someone of his ability but his other strengths more than compensate IMO. Last night for instance when he went off we sort of lost that relentless attacking momentum we had built up. Winks is a great player but I thought it was an unnecessary sub myself. I do understand Poch takes him off regularly for Winks around the 70min mark when he runs out of steam, and maybe he was saving him for Stoke, but last night the sub had no tactical benefit. He was playing superbly right up to the point he was subbed.

As you say the real problem last night was sticking it in the onion bag. We were wasteful in the extreme.The overall performance was good though bar the finishing.

Edit: The sending off was another tiny problem too.

Should have been Wanyama off imo and then keep Dembele and winks central as they both offer more creatively

Although Wanyama goal was class

I love Demeble, but why doesn't he shot?

He put his marker on his arse a few times today and instead of hitting it from 18 yards he looks for another pass or a flick.

I love Demeble, but why doesn't he shot?

He put his marker on his arse a few times today and instead of hitting it from 18 yards he looks for another pass or a flick.

Why doesn't he shoot?
Surely we all know this now. He grew up playing football wrong.
It's why he's such a freak but also why he's the worlds most frustrating players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Tottenhams-Mousa-Dembele-new-Luca-Modric.html

"When I was young I never shot. I always wanted to dribble the ball in the goal. I don’t want to shoot because I don’t like to, but it’s different now. You have more experience and you think more.

‘Is it about scoring the perfect goal? Yes, maybe. Before I always played on the street with two lampposts that were like a basketball pitch, and we could not shoot. You had to dribble and touch the ball on the posts to score. We never shoot the ball. "

Old habits die hard, eh... on the one hand Dembele's ability to breeze past opponents is exceptional but it invariably ends up with a Parker-pirouette and a sideways or backwards pass... which was probably perfect in Dutch lamppost football... having said that, Dembele did manage a forward pass to assist Eriksen's goal... a measly 6 goals from 9011 minutes of PL football since he signed for us is a disappointing return for such a naturally gifted footballer though...

Last edited:
Old habits die hard, eh... on the one hand Dembele's ability to breeze past opponents is exceptional but it invariably ends up with a Parker-pirouette and a sideways or backwards pass... which was probably perfect in Dutch lamppost football... having said that, Dembele did manage a forward pass to assist Eriksen's goal... a measly 6 goals from 9011 minutes of PL football since he signed for us is a disappointing return for such a naturally gifted footballer though...

I just said similar in the match thread. Agreed.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Why doesn't he shoot?
Surely we all know this now. He grew up playing football wrong.
It's why he's such a freak but also why he's the worlds most frustrating players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Tottenhams-Mousa-Dembele-new-Luca-Modric.html

"When I was young I never shot. I always wanted to dribble the ball in the goal. I don’t want to shoot because I don’t like to, but it’s different now. You have more experience and you think more.

‘Is it about scoring the perfect goal? Yes, maybe. Before I always played on the street with two lampposts that were like a basketball pitch, and we could not shoot. You had to dribble and touch the ball on the posts to score. We never shoot the ball. "

Again agreed!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back