• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

How long left on his contract.
18 months

He will sign a new one and so will Verts if offered

You don't make the positive comments he has of late and then not take a contract at 28 that would be integrity be your last big one... Especially not whilst your on a high and playing arguably as well as you have your whole career

He has a massive hard on for Mason and Dembele is keeping Mason out of the team so i guess GB will try and find some flaw in his performance.

Mason came in and was decent again. His hard running is a Pain for any opposition as he doesn't stop. Hence why he had they chance that he should have scored and also hit the post with a great shot. It's all positive

@Bedfordspurs very much agree with both posts. I'm sure Levy is not too keen to double their wages however, which is probably why Verts didn't sign a new contract previously. Better to give a new (bigger) contract later in the contracts term. On his recent performances, Dembele deserves an improved deal. I wonder if/how Levy or PL clubs performance-relate contracts so that if players go off the boil their pay is linked.

Last edited:
@Bedfordspurs very much agree with both posts. I'm sure Levy is not too keen to double their wages however, which is probably why Verts didn't sign a new contract previously. Better to give a new (bigger) contract later in the contracts term. On his recent performances, Dembele deserves an improved deal. I wonder if/how Levy or PL clubs performance-relate contracts so that if players go off the boil their pay is linked.
What if they are brick?

Not sure about him being MotM. He did allow himself to be crowded on occasion with no passing options and was dispossessed. However, he won the vast majority of contests.

To my mind, his best performance in a Spurs shirt ..... and West Ham were very busy too, they were far from muppets

He has always been oust at ding and holding the ball up but his running this season seems to have been quicker and more purposeful. He looks fitter (no surprises) and it has helped his game. Most of all he looks confident that he will play like this every game

Yep. Man of the match. AGAIN.

I know I've ribbed you a few times @gutterboy but are you the type of fan of who admits their mistakes? Or are you blindly stubborn and refuse to change your opinions? Admit it. Dembele is playing at an incredible level and one of the best players in our team?

Though you wanting to drop him for today's game makes me fear you're the latter... Hope I'm wrong.

He's been great the past 3 or so games. The best performances of his career by far. Poch really has polished a turd - someone who has been flattering to deceive for nearly a decade.

I completely 180-ed over Rose before. If Dembele keeps this up, I will too.

He was in my team for yesterday - it was Alli and Verts I was proposing changing from the Arsenal team (to rest Alli and upgrade our aerial capabilities at the back).

I would now keep Dembele over Townsend in January. I'd also start Dembele over Eriksen in our current best 11 (and I would start Alli over Mason at this point in time too).

IIRC we took the option to extend Verts' contract to 2018, as opposed to sorting out a whole new one.

Carroll (2016) and Townsend and Dembele (2017) are our only senior players on short contracts.

He's been great the past 3 or so games. The best performances of his career by far. Poch really has polished a turd - someone who has been flattering to deceive for nearly a decade.

He was in my team for yesterday - it was Alli and Verts I was proposing changing from the Arsenal team (to rest Alli and upgrade our aerial capabilities at the back).

I would now keep Dembele over Townsend in January. I'd also start Dembele over Eriksen in our current best 11 (and I would start Alli over Mason at this point in time too).

So what would be your first choice 11?

It has been more than 3 games.... It has been at least 6.

He was also never a 'turd'. Dembele was always an incredibly talented player with attributes that any manager should love working with. It was just a question of a manager finding his right position in the team (which I think he is now in).

Lloris / Walker, Alder, Verts, Rose / Dier, Alli / Lamela, Dembele, Son / Kane

But it's healthily very fluid and I can see any of Mason, Bentaleb or Eriksen (even Chadli or Davies) being back in there again in a few weeks.
I would replace Lamela with Eriksen (Eriksen left and Son right).

He was also never a 'turd'. Dembele was always an incredibly talented player with attributes that any manager should love working with. It was just a question of a manager finding his right position in the team (which I think he is now in).

He's pretty much been one of our better players throughout 2015, he's recent form is magnificent but he was also every bit worth his place at the start of the year as well, when Poch first moved him to attacking midfield and it "coincided" with an upturn in results and performances.

He's only had one poor period for us IMO and that was When AVB started losing it and he wasn't the only player to suffer a loss of form/indentity/confidence.

Desperate to see him sign a new deal till 2019/20. Get the rest of his best years and show him that we value him and what he brings to the team.

He's pretty much been one of our better players throughout 2015, he's recent form is magnificent but he was also every bit worth his place at the start of the year as well, when Poch first moved him to attacking midfield and it "coincided" with an upturn in results and performances.

He's only had one poor period for us IMO and that was When AVB started losing it and he wasn't the only player to suffer a loss of form/indentity/confidence.
Agreed. My thoughts are that he only really had the one poor for us under Pochettino (I think it was the 2-2 draw against West Ham last season). Other than that he has generally been good and this past couple of months good has turned into outstanding. He is playing with confidence and purpose.

Apparently these are his stats from the West Ham game:

Touches: 84
Successful passes: 56 (90% accuracy)
Key passes: 4
Take-ons: 5
Tackles: 3
Interceptions: 3
Defensive duals won: 11
Ball recoveries: 14
He is contributing in every part of our play at the moment. Winning us the ball in midfield, but also helping us transition defence to attack. His team mates also know that they can pass him the ball no matter whether or not he has a player on him as his control and strength are so good that they know he will retain possession. This is sometimes giving us a get of jail free card in terms of being able to keep possession in tight areas.

Would agree with this, my opinion of Dembele was that he had a lot of talent but more often then not he failed to delivier, he now seems to be able to channel that talent into a consistent run of games and with a end product. Fot all our sakes I hope he keeps it up because on this form he is a shoe in for the team.

Back