• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Doubt Southampton will let Lallana and him leave in the same transfer window unless we offer mega smakerooneys

With all the unrest their they will probably just want to move on

And we can offer the likes of Capoue or Carroll ( on loan at least) to help the situation.

This isn't just a random name. It's a player who blossomed under our new manager. It's quite probable that they would both like to reunite at Spurs.

Furthermore, this isn't an isolated story. There have been persistent stories over the past few weeks of our interest in Schneiderlin and his interest in leaving Southampton, possibly to join Spurs.

So yes, it's well worth its own thread.

I check everyday for a story on him to Spurs and this was the first I found and there was no quotes. There is however weeks of press about him joining Arsenal.

Not saying there shouldn't be a thread on him, I meant that the article which was the catalyst for this thread means nothing.

I check everyday for a story on him to Spurs and this was the first I found and there was no quotes. There is however weeks of press about him joining Arsenal.

Not saying there shouldn't be a thread on him, I meant that the article which was the catalyst for this thread means nothing.

I've no idea where you've been looking, fella, but there have been loads of articles linking Schneiderlin to Spurs over the past month or so.

Would love to believe it mate but realistically he would choose Arsenal over us at the moment and they have the funds to afford him.

I don't think that that's necessarily true at all.

Schneiderlin blossomed under Pochettino. And you've surely read all the quotes by various Southampton players praising Poch to the heavens?

So it wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprising if Schneiderlin decided that the best way to further his development was to follow Pochettino to Spurs.

The Moutinho of this window?? He's a player that we could do with to sort out our midfield and he wants to work with his ex boss. Hopefully this won't go the same way.

I'd be delighted if Schneiderlin joined Spurs. As I live in Southampton, I'm aware of just how good the player is and think that he could be a key acquisition. How the midfield will shape up, with him in the team, I'm unsure but Poch will know doubt have a solution in his head.

The Moutinho of this window?? He's a player that we could do with to sort out our midfield and he wants to work with his ex boss. Hopefully this won't go the same way.

yeah would be nice to see the coach land his man once in a while.

yeah would be nice to see the coach land his man once in a while.

The big difficulty now could be in persuading Southampton to sell - especially to us if they're still a bit sore about losing Poch - if reports of Liverpool agreeing a deal to sign Lovren prove to be true. They might call a halt to further player sales.

I wouldn't fear any team if we had Schneiderlin and Sandro as a pair. They would run through Khedira/Arteta, and Yaya/Ferandinho. Statistically the 2 highest tackling/intercepting midfielders over the past 2 seasons. Sandro sitting in front of the back 4, Schneiderlin with licence to exert his box to box and creative qualities supporting Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela and Adebayor.

Still just a fantasy however. Paper talk is just that

Kind of hate to say it, but Sandro and Schneiderlin would be our Vieria and Petit.

Kind of hate to say it, but Sandro and Schneiderlin would be our Vieria and Petit.

I see the Schneiderlin/Petit comparison but Sandro is not in the mold of Viera. Doesn't get as many goals, doesn't create as much, and doesn't have the ability to drive forward like Viera.

Doubt we would keep both Sandro and Capoue if we brought in Schneiderlin. It would imo be one out one in. I have never rated Capoue and would rather it was him but tbh if there is interest in sandro I reckon Levy will cash in.

Really hope these rumours come to fruition. Really rate Schneiderlin and think he's exactly the deep lying, head up, good on the ball CM we need. Got an all round game and would slot in perfectly into a three man midfield.

Which one of the two is Viera?

Sandro. Sandro is the aggressive mobile one. Schneiderlin as the composed more static ballplayer.

Doubt we would keep both Sandro and Capoue if we brought in Schneiderlin. It would imo be one out one in. I have never rated Capoue and would rather it was him but tbh if there is interest in sandro I reckon Levy will cash in.

Poch played with two pivots at Soton. That means we need 4 of them in the squad and you've only named 3. Dembele or Paulinho are surely more at threat because they fit the system less (though I think Paulinho might be used in the Steven Davis role instead).

Really hope these rumours come to fruition. Really rate Schneiderlin and think he's exactly the deep lying, head up, good on the ball CM we need. Got an all round game and would slot in perfectly into a three man midfield.

Agree. He's not quite as good a ballplayer as Modric, but I think he could eclipse Carrick (who he is pretty similar to).

Sandro. Sandro is the aggressive mobile one. Schneiderlin as the composed more static ballplayer.

Poch played with two pivots at Soton. That means we need 4 of them in the squad and you've only named 3. Dembele or Paulinho are surely more at threat because they fit the system less (though I think Paulinho might be used in the Steven Davis role instead).

Agree. He's not quite as good a ballplayer as Modric, but I think he could eclipse Carrick (who he is pretty similar to).

Schneiderlin said in an interview that he had been instructed by Poch to get forward more often and not just sit deep. When Wanyama played at least it seemed pretty clear that Schneiderlin was the one with the most freedom (and ability) to get forward.

I think Bentaleb deserves to be counted for that role.

I don't think Sandro plays anything like Vieira (I wished he did). Vieira was much more adept that striding forward with the ball and also made runs into the box to get himself ont he end of things. Sandro seems much more of a 'sitter' to me, perhaps that has just been the role he has generally been asked to play - but I have never really seen from Sandro the mobility to play box to box.

If Holtby and Carroll are in poch's mind for consideration for these midfield role,then our list of midfielders is

Sandro
Capoue
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb
Carroll
Holtby

7 players. If we are seriously looking at Schneiderlein, we need to offload some.

Potentially loaning bentaleb and Carroll. But eventually if we want these kids to break through eventually we need to give them a genuine squad place

If Holtby and Carroll are in poch's mind for consideration for these midfield role,then our list of midfielders is

Sandro
Capoue
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb
Carroll
Holtby

7 players. If we are seriously looking at Schneiderlein, we need to offload some.

Potentially loaning bentaleb and Carroll. But eventually if we want these kids to break through eventually we need to give them a genuine squad place

If we're looking at 3 CMs, then I would include Eriksen in there as well.

Ideally we'd have 6 senior players for those 3 positions.

I'd loan Carroll to the Championship, Bentaleb to a lower prem club, and sell Dembele to make room for Schneiderlin.

In time Bentaleb might then replace Paulinho, though personally I don't expect Carroll will ever reach Holtby's level.

In terms of offloading, having 4 LBs and 3 RWFs are as big or bigger issues.

Sandro
Capoue
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb
Carroll
Holtby

Loan out Carroll, sell Invisibilinho and possibly loan out Benteleb too. 3 out and 1 in should be fine.

Back