• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

This; however I do understand RobSpurs12's frustrations with Capoue. He HAS regressed badly since his injury it has to be said (not that TS helped much in that way..)

Anyway, back to Schneiderlin....are we worried that Lovren moving to Liverpool will now make him far too expensive?? Or that Khedira has not moved to Arsenal yet??

I've believed for a long time now that Southampton will bleed us for their best players regardless of their situation, given the apparent acrimony that exists over the Poch move and our seeming desire to back Poch in the market. So, I've never really believed these rumors of Schneiderlin costing just 15 million quid: we're likely looking at at least 20 million for him, a lot of that upfront. Possibly as high as 25 million quid.

Still, doesn't change my desire to see Poch backed one bit. Get Schneiderlin, even if it costs us as much as Soldado did. Make way for him by selling some of the squad players: we have an awful lot of them that will likely be quite valuable in the current financial atmosphere.

I would this guy to replace Capoue

[video=youtube;gELm5Gb3ACU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELm5Gb3ACU[/video]

That is a seriously impressive youtube compilation. Looks like the complete midfielder from that little montage - I don't think there is a midfielder currently at Spurs who you could put up a similar compilation for. Let's sell Capoue and bring him in!

dont like all this lets sell one of the beatles.....I want them given a second season to see what they can do!!!! all this media storm about them all being flops bar Eriksen!!!!

would love it! LOVE IT! if they all got it on next season!!!! in saying that Morgan is some player!

dont like all this lets sell one of the beatles.....I want them given a second season to see what they can do!!!! all this media storm about them all being flops bar Eriksen!!!!

would love it! LOVE IT! if they all got it on next season!!!! in saying that Morgan is some player!

Some of them reminded me of S Club 7

Ok, so it seems people would be happy to sell Capoue and replace him with Schneiderlin.

What differences are there between what is felt are the best qualities between the two players?

Basically what attributes did we think we were buying when we were in for Capoue last season and how are they different from the qualities we think we would be getting if we signed Schneiderlin?

From what I have seen, Schneiderlin has better ball control, but the Capoue we saw in the start of last season isnt way off Schneiderlins standard. After all Capoue was in the French squad before we bought him, I cant remember that Schneiderlin has been there a lot before the World Cup.

From what I have seen, Schneiderlin has better ball control, but the Capoue we saw in the start of last season isnt way off Schneiderlins standard. After all Capoue was in the French squad before we bought him, I cant remember that Schneiderlin has been there a lot before the World Cup.

A few weeks before the WC Schneiderlin was being touted for/talking himself up for England

Ok, so it seems people would be happy to sell Capoue and replace him with Schneiderlin.

What differences are there between what is felt are the best qualities between the two players?

Basically what attributes did we think we were buying when we were in for Capoue last season and how are they different from the qualities we think we would be getting if we signed Schneiderlin?

I wish I could answer your question but I knew nothing about Capoue until we actually signed him

Capoue 7 caps since 2012 while Schneiderlin has 2 caps since 2014

how about schneiderlin + capoue - dembele - sandro. would that work?

It perhaps lacks a bit of mobility, but isn't a bad set of options for our double pivot at all.

Personally I'd have Paulinho over Dembele for that more box-to-box option, or even Bentaleb over Dembele for his passing qualities. But no, that 4 is very strong and quite well balanced.

It perhaps lacks a bit of mobility, but isn't a bad set of options for our double pivot at all.

Personally I'd have Paulinho over Dembele for that more box-to-box option, or even Bentaleb over Dembele for his passing qualities. But no, that 4 is very strong and quite well balanced.
Box to box midfielder is not needed if Poch sticks with his Southampton system so hopefully he sticks to his system.

how about schneiderlin + capoue - dembele - sandro. would that work?

I'd rather have Schneiderlin, Dembele, Sandro, Benteleb. I think Capoue is too slow and cumbersome in terms of both his actual speed on the pitch and also his speed of thought.

I think the 4 above all offer something a little bit different and are all able to get about the pitch well.

Box to box midfielder is not needed if Poch sticks with his Southampton system so hopefully he sticks to his system.

I find this difficult to understand, let alone agree.

A good box to box midfielder fits in any system and as with a good striker is among the most difficult positions to fill.

A good box to box midfielder fits in any system and as with a good striker is among the most difficult positions to fill.

Poch used one at Soton - Steven Davis.

But he used him more advance - in the centre of the 3, rather than in the two

What's hard to understand? he didn't use a box to box midfielder at Southampton (well not in that role anyway). As GB says, Davis is a box to box player naturally but Poch didn't use him in that role and instead used him in a more advanced role. That role is null and void if Poch sticks to the exact same system as the advanced central player would be the one given the licence to support the striker.

KD's right. With a double pivot you tend to have two midfielders sitting deep, you can either have a passer and a tackler or two that can do a bit of both, with one attacking midfielder higher up.

If you wanted to be really defensive then you could replace your attacking midfielder with a b2b one, but that would mean you rely on the wide forwards to link the midfield and attack more. That would isolate your striker.

KD's right. With a double pivot you tend to have two midfielders sitting deep, you can either have a passer and a tackler or two that can do a bit of both, with one attacking midfielder higher up.

If you wanted to be really defensive then you could replace your attacking midfielder with a b2b one, but that would mean you rely on the wide forwards to link the midfield and attack more. That would isolate your striker.

Good post. Pretty much what i was trying to get at;)

Back