• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs Everton

I don't think anyone is keeping many clean sheets this season.

But we keep having to make changes at the back, and VDV and Udogie are in their first season.

We will still give up chances, but I do think we will concede less when we can get back to full strength (and some better cover) and they get a run of games
1703361850197.png

We ended the game with a central defence consisting of our third - maybe even fourth - choice centre back and a left back. A right back at left back. Our fifth, sixth and seventh choice CM as our midfield trio.

That considered, this was an amazing win.

With all the bad luck we've had with injuries this season, we so, so thoroughly deserved that lucky break at the very end.

Very excited for tomorrow
Big Xmas tinkle up with my group
Train into Liverpool Street for 10am, big fry up at Polo Bar across the street
Drinks in The Astronomer and Kings Stores, upto the ground for 1.30pm
More drinks, 3 points, after game sing up, few more beers, home for 10pm to watch the last 2 fights from Saudi
Am looking forward to the above
Just got home, great day !!

They had a 3 on 2 with a minute left. Hoj and Skipp out of the game running back in a panic.

Part of that entire situation was created by Skippy larruping the ball upfield to no-one. We'd have been better playing possession football in our own half. However 'tight' it feels to us, 'tis what we train with week after week.

It’s a complete lack of judgement which is naive. The job is to win the game. You don’t go pushing for a third in that situation with your full backs that advanced and leave the back door open where you can be outdone and outnumbered with a simple ball forward if you cough up possession.

I was really, really tinkled off watching it. Couldn’t believe what I was watching.

Skipp. PEH. LoCelso. Dier. Davies. Emerson. That's who we had on the pitch for the last 20 or so minutes.
This team trains to play a certain way.
These players are not regulars (Davies would be the recent exception).

I'll be polite about GLC and say he is lovely to watch when the lights are on him and he has the ball, but he isn't much for doing the hard running and dirty work. PEH also has brain freezes in regards to what and where to close down in this side and system.

Sorry, you're talking about 'holding on' and not hav ing your full-backs that advanced? This is how we play and what we do. The ONLY time I have seen us try to 'hold on' and 'win the game' in the way you're suggesting this season was at Wolves. We saw how that panned out.

We rode our luck at times today, but once again, the biggest issue was not finishing chances. At least we improved on our first-half tally of goals to chances, it is what won us the game!

Not expecting you to agree mate, but these are genuinely facts with regards to how we now play. I'd say enjoy (or sometimes endure) the ride. FWIW we got the job done BTW ;-)

How come last season we wouldn't start playing till the second half. This season the opposite. Fantastic first 30 mins then die.

Lucky to come away with a win. as we just stopped playing after the first half hour. I am sure Ange will have been furious with our sloppiness. But plenty of clubs play bad and win good. That was us today. But three points is all that matters.

True, but everyone else in the league is brick, not a useful barometer.

Yes we’ve had injuries, but we don’t have to play the same system every game, nothing wrong with adjusting the playbook to the available players.

You can’t have one way of playing anymore, the game is too advanced, we need more savvy.
We didn’t even play the same system throughout the game yesterday.

I think some of the narrative around Ange is so wrong. ‘This Aussie who’s turned up to the greatest league in the world™ and is playing all out attack at all costs. He’s so naive and he’ll be caught out soon.’

He recognised that we weren’t getting the ball through the midfield and brought on PEH for Richarlison. He adjusted not just based on available players, but on the game that he was watching. He’s been a coach for 30 years, he knows a lot more than people give him credit for. Too many people listen to Gary Neville.

He’s got more than one system, it’s just the that principles don’t change. And I fudging love that so much.

Last edited:
Back