• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs Everton

The match of the day lowlights were bad
Almost like we didnt create anything and literally only won though luck
Even the save from Vicario at the end was dumb luck … even though he actually saves the ball
I do like Dyche and someone needs to explain to him that for the goal they review everything. It’s the rules. It would have stood if Gomes hadnt taken Royal out like he did. It’s that simple

Skipp. PEH. LoCelso. Dier. Davies. Emerson. That's who we had on the pitch for the last 20 or so minutes.
This team trains to play a certain way.
These players are not regulars (Davies would be the recent exception).

I'll be polite about GLC and say he is lovely to watch when the lights are on him and he has the ball, but he isn't much for doing the hard running and dirty work. PEH also has brain freezes in regards to what and where to close down in this side and system.

Sorry, you're talking about 'holding on' and not hav ing your full-backs that advanced? This is how we play and what we do. The ONLY time I have seen us try to 'hold on' and 'win the game' in the way you're suggesting this season was at Wolves. We saw how that panned out.

We rode our luck at times today, but once again, the biggest issue was not finishing chances. At least we improved on our first-half tally of goals to chances, it is what won us the game!

Not expecting you to agree mate, but these are genuinely facts with regards to how we now play. I'd say enjoy (or sometimes endure) the ride. FWIW we got the job done BTW ;-)
Porro and Royal aren’t in advanced positions because Skipp, PEH, Dier and Davies are on the pitch. They’re going all out for a third when we’re really struggling at 2-1 because that’s what they’re being instructed to do.

The Wolves game we never took any control of and again, at 1-1 and with momentum against us, Emerson dallies on the ball looking to be creative when a streetwise team play the match out and take their point.

There were a number of games under Conte particularly (and no, I’m not yearning for his return) where we’d get the ball in the corner and Kane would draw a foul or we’d just brickhouse to run down the clock. Ange will not allow that (see Sheffield United game and Bissouma) and it’ll cost us.

I want to be clear on this again because sometimes people will take the above and assume I’m anti-Ange. What he’s done here so far is phenomenal, the football is so much better and the stadium is such a better place to be these days. But we’ll be like Keegan’s Saudi Sportswashing Machine under Ange.

We didn’t even play the same system throughout the game yesterday.

I think some of the narrative around Ange is so wrong. ‘This Aussie who’s turned up to the greatest league in the world™ and is playing all out attack at all costs. He’s so naive and he’ll be caught out soon.’

He recognised that we weren’t getting the ball through the midfield and brought on PEH for Richarlison. He adjusted not just based on available players, but on the game that he was watching. He’s been a coach for 30 years, he knows a lot more than people give him credit for. Too many people listen to Gary Neville.

He’s got more than one system, it’s just the that principles don’t change. And I fudging love that so much.

Neville is really peeing me off.
See a tiny bit of the Liverpool v arsenal game, the difference in commentary in comparison to our games is a disgrace.
Trying to get our players sent off, pleading for arsenal players to not be sent off.
Many utd situation is killing him imo, desperate for someone to stop city (arsenal or pool) and not wanting anyone else to threaten utds CL place.

Not sure why spurs have started doing this but after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and game yesterday the 2 bars either side of the East Stand Bar have been shut meaning massive queues to get a drink and nowhere to get more food

We decided to go to the Corner Pin to find that shut !!

So went to Number 8 Spurs Bar (old Bell & Hare), the place was massive with lots of decent areas but the prices were a fudging rip off, £8 for a pint, £8 for a single and £6 for a shot, literally ripping off fans big time

Was speaking to a Kiwi and an Aussie for a good hour, they both live in the UK but was interesting to hear their stories of why Spurs etc

Not sure why spurs have started doing this but after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and game yesterday the 2 bars either side of the East Stand Bar have been shut meaning massive queues to get a drink and nowhere to get more food

So went to Number 8 Spurs Bar (old Bell & Hare), the place was massive with lots of decent areas but the prices were a fudging rip off, £8 for a pint, £8 for a single and £6 for a shot, literally ripping off fans big time

Was speaking to a Kiwi and an Aussie for a good hour, they both live in the UK but was interesting to hear their stories of why Spurs etc
Stopped going to Number 8 when I got charged around £21 for a pint and JD & Coke (wasn't even proper Coke) last season. An absolute rip off which is a shame as it can be good craic in there.

Contact the club using the email address below. They have always come back to queries I have had and addressed many of them.

supportservices@tottenhamhotspur.com

Stopped going to Number 8 when I got charged around £21 for a pint and JD & Coke (wasn't even proper Coke) last season. An absolute rip off which is a shame as it can be good craic in there.
1st time I had gone in there since it was the Bell & Hare, was a decent venue but prices are even more expensive than the ground ffs haha

Noticed the Corner Pin has been closed the last 3 home games, seems strange, couldn’t see any notices to say why.

Also, went in to the Number 8 after the match yesterday, first time back there since the last game at the old stadium. Prices are extortionate now

Day after being at the game

First Spurs

- First half as usual, they were moments of pure beauty, there was a pass out of the back sequence that ended with Sonny fluffing it that would have been goal of the season.
- Should have been dead and buried at half time, Son should have had a couple, Johnson's miss was fudging shocking, Everton hung in

Don't understand all the people/pundits that don't know why 2nd half was bad

- It's about how many players (typically not first choice) we are carrying. Skipp wasn't great all game, Davies had one of those that reminds us why he needs to be a squad option not starter and we carried that in first half. 2nd half Romero was off, Dier in, Johnson faded badly (bench really hurt us here).
- Re our players, Richi very well constructed and taken goal, not Son's day at office and still bags one, Johnson promise, assist but also issues. Sarr & Vicario are monsters. Royal actually did ok (was ridiculously fouled repeatedly and the ref wouldn't card it).
- Re the subs, PEH did clean up work that makes sense in another system, loses us our style, GLC is fudging baller and he helped defensively (slide tackle covering a cross wide in our box comes to mind), needed an option to pull Johnson, didn't have it on bench.

Re Everton

- fudge me, I know they have had a miserable couple of years but I thought we made a deal with the devil with Conte, constant long ball (worse I've seen in years), win a free kick close to half line? push all 11 up and have the keeper pump it, over and over. And as usual, fouls, shirt pulling. And ffs Pickford, shut up (complains incessantly)
- To their credit, they keep going but as we saw in 1st half, anything close to 1st team version of Spurs would walk through them.
- And to the people who are laughing at Danjuma, he made a difference for them, and if they actually gave him game time and he was match sharp, they would have got something out of the game

Last 30 minutes was a hard watch, we won ugly, no one will care in a week, onwards

We didn’t even play the same system throughout the game yesterday.

I think some of the narrative around Ange is so wrong. ‘This Aussie who’s turned up to the greatest league in the world™ and is playing all out attack at all costs. He’s so naive and he’ll be caught out soon.’

He recognised that we weren’t getting the ball through the midfield and brought on PEH for Richarlison. He adjusted not just based on available players, but on the game that he was watching. He’s been a coach for 30 years, he knows a lot more than people give him credit for. Too many people listen to Gary Neville.

He’s got more than one system, it’s just the that principles don’t change. And I fudging love that so much.

Maybe I’m using “system” too generally, to use your word, “principles”, I think we need variation here too, sometimes it’s right just to get the ball clear, sometimes it’s right to take the ball into the corner, sometimes it’s right to dive and fake injury to slow the game down and stop any football happening.

I don’t think we do anywhere near enough of that.

Can’t believe Dyche was moaning about the disallowed goal, clear foul, Royal was kicked off his feet.

What Dyche is saying is that he wanted the officials to get it wrong in their favour.
Not gonna lie I thought the foul was a bit soft tbh. If that had gone the other way with us scoring I'd be annoyed.

Regarding the system, i think the problem as many have noted is how many of the team by the end of the match were Conte and Mou era players. Players who are particularly unsuited to Ange's system.

Maybe it would be smarter to adjust to them but I think I see the logic of sticking to the principles and weeding out the players who don't fit. If we play the same way all the time, eventually with squad churn no matter who comes in we'll be able to keep playing the same way and at a consistent quality level. When we have our first choice back 4 and midfield trio we are very capable of playing around a press. Or just keeping good possession of the ball, something that we just couldn't do yesterday.

Not gonna lie I thought the foul was a bit soft tbh. If that had gone the other way with us scoring I'd be annoyed.

Regarding the system, i think the problem as many have noted is how many of the team by the end of the match were Conte and Mou era players. Players who are particularly unsuited to Ange's system.

Maybe it would be smarter to adjust to them but I think I see the logic of sticking to the principles and weeding out the players who don't fit. If we play the same way all the time, eventually with squad churn no matter who comes in we'll be able to keep playing the same way and at a consistent quality level. When we have our first choice back 4 and midfield trio we are very capable of playing around a press. Or just keeping good possession of the ball, something that we just couldn't do yesterday.

Stepped on his foot, don't think you get away with that in any world. Goal was ruled out against Liverpool a couple of games back, much softer foul, similar buildup.

We all have to accept, until we have either more luck with injuries or get a few more depth options in, there will be days when we have too many players unsuited for the system on the pitch.

I do think we were a touch smarter than in previous games (e.g. Skipp and PEH did the double deep cover, Vicario went long in last 5-10 minutes, small adjustments), even if we were still trying to win and did have one moment where we had clearly overcommitted late.

Was leveling it up after blowing for a very soft foul by Brennan let us in behind and heading for goal IMHO.

Back