• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Yeah both will be sold but one is moving up and the other is moving to Hull.

moving up lol. You understand that it's us that are shopping him around and are actively looking to flog him? i mean you understand it's not a 'Bale' situation where a European powerhouse has flexed their muscles and we're powerless to do anything.

There's also the age factor but yeh whatever man :ross:

The way some people talk about a player who has given his all for the club...

Why can't it be as sinple as thanks and good luck

There was no demand for Dawson so we were left stuck with him, it can't be helped when the 2nd best team in Italy come in for one of your players.

No demand? How so? There is demand he just doesnt want to leave. That doesnt mean he isnt in demand just means he is unavailable (on his part)

Exactly. Its funny how we expect loyalty from players but when they do show loyalty to us... well... you know the rest

Because he's been a liability for years and I can't believe we haven't managed to get rid sooner. My desire to see him gone is too overwhelming at the moment. :)

Exactly. Its funny how we expect loyalty from players but when they do show loyalty to us... well... you know the rest

It's easy to show loyalty when no club bigger than Spurs has ever shown any interest in him.

Because he's been a liability for years and I can't believe we haven't managed to get rid sooner. My desire to see him gone is too overwhelming at the moment. :)

Comments like this are simply out of order. I don't know if you get to many games but if you watch Dawson during a full 90 minute match rather than a highlights reel you will see how many interceptions, headers and blocks this guy gets in. He makes mistakes granted, unlike of course Kaboul, Chiriches and Vertonghen- Oh wait a minute... Every single one of our defenders were a "liability" at times last season and lets be honest Kaboul, other than one good season has hardly pulled up trees in his time here.

Yeah, maybe I'm wrong and we've been knocking back offers from Madrid, Barca and Utd all these years.

Have we for any of our defenders??? Have there been many for Tony adams, Stuart Pearce, John Terry, Gary Cahill? It is hardly a yardstick. Probably only Rio and Ledley over the years would have suited the continental games, it doesn't make the others ****e.

Last edited:

Have we for any of our defenders??? Have there been many for Tony adams, Stuart Pearce, John Terry, Gary Cahill? It is hardly a yardstick. Probably only Rio and Ledley over the years would have suited the continental games, it doesn't make the others ****e.

Where did I say he was ****? My point is it's useless saying he's loyal because it's highly unlikely that loyalty will have ever been tested, he was already at the best club he could possibly get.

Where did I say he was ****? My point is it's useless saying he's loyal because it's highly unlikely that loyalty will have ever been tested, he was already at the best club he could possibly get.

But then the likes of Kaboul and Caulker went to "lesser" clubs why wouldn't he if he was guaranteed more playing time? I think staying to fight for his place was a mark of loyalty.

Comments like this are simply out of order. I don't know if you get to many games but if you watch Dawson during a full 90 minute match rather than a highlights reel you will see how many interceptions, headers and blocks this guy gets in. He makes mistakes granted, unlike of course Kaboul, Chiriches and Vertonghen- Oh wait a minute... Every single one of our defenders were a "liability" at times last season and lets be honest Kaboul, other than one good season has hardly pulled up trees in his time here.

He's been caught ball watching too many times too count and cost us far too many goals. I have been saying this since day one, but was shouted down for years because he played with his heart on sleeve. How could he not be a great player with all that guts and thunder?

Has poor reading of the game, can't organize a defence and often leaves someone unmarked as he rushes out to make an unnecessary tackle. Should have been a backup for a few years, then moved on for a decent profit. It's actually amazing how injuries to others have kept him in the side.

He's been caught ball watching too many times too count and cost us far too many goals. I have been saying this since day one, but was shouted down for years because he played with his heart on sleeve. How could he not be a great player with all that guts and thunder?

Has poor reading of the game, can't organize a defence and often leaves someone unmarked as he rushes out to make an unnecessary tackle. Should have been a backup for a few years, then moved on for a decent profit. It's actually amazing how injuries to others have kept him in the side.

I'll say it again which of the other defenders were consistently better than him? IIRC he was dropped by Sherwood in preference to Kaboul and Verts were we any better defensively? Dawson, like every other defender, has his faults and makes mistakes but his strengths, in my opinion out weigh he weaknesses.

Wow. ](*,)

Looks like he's gone..

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ 1 min
BREAKING: Hull agree deal to sign Michael Dawson from Tottenham. ‪#‎SSNHQ‬

Its Becoming Hull Hotspur up there isnt it. Shame his brother is no longer there so they could play together.

Back