• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

I'm willing to let all of them go.

I don't know what Kaboul's situation is, but it looks like we're going to give him one more season to prove himself. Whether that means we bring in an extra CB, I don't know. I do know Dawson isn't good enough and should gone years ago.

Even Chiriches? I like him, think hes adapted pretty well already on the whole to be fair. I wouldnt get rid of more than 2,we need some sort of stability so would keep Vertonghen with Vlad and attempt to get a top CB in and perhaps blood a young Cb if needed...

Considering how **** we were at the back last season, it's not much there worth keeping. With Walker returning from injury, and a new coaching staff, I don't think it matters whether there's 2 or 3 new guys next to him.

Why exactly would we sell Dawson and keep kaboul??

Could be plenty of reasons, but for example it might be that Poch rates Kaboul as better than Dawson either in total or for his system? Even thought Kaboul has been injury prone in recent years that doesn't mean he will never return to full fitness, whereas if Poch doesn't think that Dawson is good enough he's not likely to improve massively at this point.

Or it might be that whereas we can get a decent price for Dawson (£4-5m) there haven't been any decent bids for Kaboul as other clubs have also seen his injury problems?

Considering how **** we were at the back last season, it's not much there worth keeping. With Walker returning from injury, and a new coaching staff, I don't think it matters whether there's 2 or 3 new guys next to him.

But was that really personnel? did Dawson/Kaboul/Vlad/Vert really all become **** in the same season?

I think with Daws there's a healthy amount of respect involved. Player wants regular first team football and probably feels he isn't going to get that anymore. We get a decent fee, a loyal servant gets first team football at the business end of his career, i think it's actually pretty noble all around because let's face it, he is not a high-line defender...

Dawson's only starring season was 2009/10, when he rightly got an England call-up.

I think there's no coincidence that this was a season when Ledley King was able to play more often, he being picked for significant games rather than trying to rush him back for more fixtures.

Last year the defence was inconsistent, and all were often covering for each other, whereby their own games suffered. Remember Tim's comment about 'being too nice to each other' ?.

I don't hate Dawson, far from it. However he has been recognised by the opposition as an easier way in, so we'd be foolish not to take steps.

Good luck to him at Hull (if it happens), and wouldn't it be typical if he started scoring headers - he rarely did for us.

Hotspur Related @HotspurRelated ·

Hull City manager Steve Bruce tells @RadioHumberside the move for Michael Dawson is back on the radar. #THFC

Hotspur Related @HotspurRelated

Bruce: "He is somebody we have been linked with all summer. We've tried to resurrect deal. Its difficult to speak about peoples players."

Hotspur Related @HotspurRelated

Bruce: "We've been interested in Michael all summer and its back on the radar again." #THFC

29c4fnb.gif

I won't be sad to see him go. Good servant for the club but has gone downhill since King retired.

I won't be sad to see him go. Good servant for the club but has gone downhill since King retired.

Me too - but he still gives 200% of what he's got every game; for that, he deserves our respect. If he goes, let's give him a mighty cheer when he returns to the Lane. If he stays, that is his right and we need to accept it.

I will be very sad to see Daws go. One of my favourite players, but if we can get this Fazio guy in, then, from the little I know, that's a good replacement.

Last edited:

I think its really up for him.

Whether to stay at the team which he has joined nearly 10 years , but won't be the first choice CB anymore ; or move to another team but first team football is guaranteed .

Personally i'd offload Kaboul first.

It's always tough to comprehend our CB situation as we always seem to have permacrocks that "will be back to full fitness soon" but then end up being out for the whole season.

From last season I have no faith in either Kaboul or Dawson and don't want either of them near the team for the time being if I'm honest. Kaboul has more strings to his bow as he's two years younger and has more versatility about him but how long has it been since he's had a run of games when he's been on form and not injured?

Michael Dawson seems like a very very nice bloke and he's shown how committed he is to the club, but after that's all said and done you have to ask if he's really good enough now, we'll always have injuries at the worst time in the most bizarre circumstances and if it's a game we need to win against Emirates Marketing Project and I see Dawson stepping out on to the pitch giving a few hearty rallying cries, all I'm seeing is just bad preparation from the club. For important games against lethal opposition Dawson just doesn't have what is necessary to pull through that as we saw time and time again last season.

He'll make a great signing for a club, no doubt in my mind for that but coasting along on the bench then getting shown up isn't the best way to spend his season in my opinion. He deserves to play but as harsh as it may sound, we need better.*

*Usual disclaimer - I indeed would love to see Dawson come in and prove me completely wrong, I'd absolutely love it, but it just doesn't seem likely and inactivity to sort out the situation leaves us ****ed...

Edit: Also, not to put an even more negative vibe to the post but he's just really poor when it comes to attacking set pieces, the will is there but he just doesn't dominate whatsoever therefore creates very little. Don't see him developing the predatory instinct anytime soon unfortunately

Last edited:

It's always tough to comprehend our CB situation as we always seem to have permacrocks that "will be back to full fitness soon" but then end up being out for the whole season.

From last season I have no faith in either Kaboul or Dawson and don't want either of them near the team for the time being if I'm honest. Kaboul has more strings to his bow as he's two years younger and has more versatility about him but how long has it been since he's had a run of games when he's been on form and not injured?

Michael Dawson seems like a very very nice bloke and he's shown how committed he is to the club, but after that's all said and done you have to ask if he's really good enough now, we'll always have injuries at the worst time in the most bizarre circumstances and if it's a game we need to win against Emirates Marketing Project and I see Dawson stepping out on to the pitch giving a few hearty rallying cries, all I'm seeing is just bad preparation from the club. For important games against lethal opposition Dawson just doesn't have what is necessary to pull through that as we saw time and time again last season.

He'll make a great signing for a club, no doubt in my mind for that but coasting along on the bench then getting shown up isn't the best way to spend his season in my opinion. He deserves to play but as harsh as it may sound, we need better.*

*Usual disclaimer - I indeed would love to see Dawson come in and prove me completely wrong, I'd absolutely love it, but it just doesn't seem likely and inactivity to sort out the situation leaves us ****ed...

Top post. Pretty much sums it up for me.

Might be that we're now confident about Fazio coming in so we're ready to deal with Hull? Or could it be that Dawson didn't want to move before, but has changed his mind now?

Back