• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Nice guy. Good honest servent for the club. Goodbye and good luck. Has declined badly in recrnt years. Hull is his level now.

WONT miss those aimless hoofs upfield !

Never was the same player without King's leadership beside him.
He tried but he didn't have the brains or vision to organise a defence.
A a defender himself he was great under pressure in a crowded box getting last gasp blocks and challenges in.

But he was poor when one on one with someone running at him.
He'll make a great small team defender who just has to sit back and defend his box for a 0-0 victory.

I've always been lost why some people rated him so much on here. I've always seen him a bit of a failure and that's what he represented.
I'm guessing its because he was seen as passionate on the pitch and because he's English and white. Because of that he's seen to represent the common fan?

But he was poor when one on one with someone running at him.He'll make a great small team defender who just has to sit back and defend his box for a 0-0 victory.
This is what I think about Terry as well. Maybe an extra level up but basically he is a backs to the wall defender. And thats it.

I've always been lost why some people rated him so much on here. I've always seen him a bit of a failure and that's what he represented.I'm guessing its because he was seen as passionate on the pitch and because he's English and white. Because of that he's seen to represent the common fan?
Passion and Effort go a long way. At least he always gave his best and had his heart in the right place despite his limitations.

Best of luck to Daws.

He was a top servant for the club and always came across as a great lad. Always a shame to see players who obviously love the club move on but I think it is the right decision all things considered. It was apparent he wouldn't be a starter under Poch and i'm sure he'll do a great job for Hull.

Well that should be the least that you ask for. But with all the current overpaid Self important players about these days its a rare quality.

we've had plenty of players over the last few years who would have been worth as much as bale if they had the attitude Dawson does

I'm sad too. :terry:

Farewell, Daws. You never complained, and gave your all whenever you were on the field. Sure, you might not have been the most skilled or the quickest, but in my eyes that commitment you had to the club and the shirt outweighs any deficiencies you might have displayed.

To a genuinely nice man, a Spurs captain, and a player who left everything on the field, every time....here's to you, Michael Dawson. Thank you for nine years of committed service. Thanks for the memories. And I can only hope that, in the end, we did as much for you as you did for us.

Adios, Daws.

He's been a great servant for the club and I hope that he gets a great reception whenever he comes back to the Lane but I think that it is time for him to move on. I will always remember him fondly for our Champions' League season, he was great that year and I do not think that he missed a header all season.

Best of luck to Daws.

He was a top servant for the club and always came across as a great lad. Always a shame to see players who obviously love the club move on but I think it is the right decision all things considered. It was apparent he wouldn't be a starter under Poch and i'm sure he'll do a great job for Hull.

This he has always given 100% everytime he has pulled on the lillywhite jersey, a good lad and I hope he does well, will rightly get a great reception when he comes back to the Lane

Good luck Daws! Good move for all concerned.

When we question player's loyalty, I look at players like him and the way fans cannot wait to get rid. It's a sign of modern footie and the want for instant success.

Where did his brother play? There's someone who looks like him at Hull.

I'm sad too. :terry:

Farewell, Daws. You never complained, and gave your all whenever you were on the field. Sure, you might not have been the most skilled or the quickest, but in my eyes that commitment you had to the club and the shirt outweighs any deficiencies you might have displayed.

To a genuinely nice man, a Spurs captain, and a player who left everything on the field, every time....here's to you, Michael Dawson. Thank you for nine years of committed service. Thanks for the memories. And I can only hope that, in the end, we did as much for you as you did for us.

Adios, Daws.

My feelings exactly. I am sorry to see him leave but I understand why he is being moved on. I still smile every time I think of the picture of him and Ledly post match in the dressing room, arms around each other shoulders.

It is not a reason to hold onto him but it is a shame that he will miss out on a testimonial by four months

It is not a reason to hold onto him but it is a shame that he will miss out on a testimonial by four months

Testimonials are no longer held to provide a player with a pension fund, so maybe we'll invite him back at some point. We might not do the whole shebang though and he probably can't play for us in ordinary friendlies as long as he's contracted to another club.

Back