• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think this is a good question. My feeling is that if he turned Rodriguez, Llallana, Shaw and Lambert from Championship/League one fodder to England internationals then what could he do to the likes of Kane, Lennon, Townsend and Rose:eek:

i think Shaw was always a rising star but have little knowledge of the others

Welcome Mauricio!

I have no idea whether Pochettino will be a success at Spurs. It's a bit of a lottery in my view... even the best manager in the world can come unstuck if he's not a good fit at a particular club. So whoever you hire, there'll be a risk involved. But I *am* optimistic. I think Levy has done his best to minimise the risk with Pochettino. And, as with every true Spurs fan, I will support our new manager to the hilt and wish him every possible success.

COYS.

Welcome little pocket

May the Gods of football smile down on you and defecate on the other lot from upon high

So Levy didn't like AVB and was impressed with Poch.
FDB impressed in interview which is probably why some of our ITK felt that he had the job.

Am I reading into things too much by not seeing Baldini saying he was really impressed with Poch? I mean maybe the question was never asked, but he's happy to say FDB was a very good candidate.

I think that you are reading too much into it. It is hard to give a detailed account of a conversation in 140 characters.

He does say that he was positive about Poch and FdB, less so about AVB and Sherwood.

If I was Levy, I would be a bit ****ed of about a director blabbing to a stranger.

I did...weeks ago.

Sorry to break our vow, but I have to here…did you? Really? When? I'd appreciate a refresher, because what I DO remember, is that you said very recently he 'wasn't coming' and that people 'shouldn't believe' the ITK.

I mean look, at the end of the day it's not important, we're ALL Spurs supporters who want the best for our beloved, but I know you have high standards on these things thus I feel compelled to ask.

I think that you are reading too much into it. It is hard to give a detailed account of a conversation in 140 characters.

He does say that he was positive about Poch and FdB, less so about AVB and Sherwood.

If I was Levy, I would be a bit ****ed of about a director blabbing to a stranger.

Eh. Keeps the fans happy, so I don't think he'll mind too much.

I don't see much sound reasoning behind this appointment, at face value it looks a gamble to me.
He got sacked by Espanyol after three and a half years. Then he inherited a good side at Southampton and had a good year there.
He's credited with promoting academy players, however I think most were in fact already first team players? Playing them was more out of necessity rather than choice.

But a lot of people speak very highly of him, so there must be something there. I hope he can step up and perform at a big club.
I also hope Baldini keeps his nose out and allows him to build his own team. And last but not least I hope our players are prepared to give 100% for him.

Lamella is not the solution to four or five goal defeats, he is part of the problem.

He didn't play in any four or five goal defeats, so presumably his being part of the problem was by not being on the pitch. Not really going to be able to remedy that if he's no longer at the club.

He didn't play in any four or five goal defeats, so presumably his being part of the problem was by not being on the pitch. Not really going to be able to remedy that if he's no longer at the club.

He played in a 6-0 defeat, but your point remains very valid.

I'd like to ask those who have followed Pochettino at Soton (and even at Espanoyl), what is generally his Plan A, Plan B (and Plan C if relevant)?

I hear a lot about the pressing game; just wondered if there were other methods he employed. I worry a bit that the pressing game is not balanced to save us from burn-out at the latter stages of a season; kinda like what I saw with Bielsa's lovely Bilboa team two season's ago.

Also will Pochettio ever play with two strikers, perhaps in front of a midfield diamond a la Rodgers at Liverpool?

Last edited:
Very happy with this appointment. Welcome Poch I am feeling happier about Spurs than I have for a long time. Hope everyone gets behind this guy now the redknapp, avb and Sherwood eras are well and truly over.

I'd like to ask those who have followed Pochettino at Soton (and even at Espanoyl), what is generally his Plan A, Plan B (and Plan C if relevant)?

I hear a lot about the pressing game; just wondered if there were other methods he employed. I worry a bit that the pressing game is not balanced to save us from burn-out at the latter stages of a season; kinda like what I saw with Bielsa's lovely Bilboa team two season's ago.

Also will Pochettio ever play with two strikers, perhaps in front of a midfield diamond a la Rodgers at Liverpool?

I don't really understand this obsession with 'plan bs'.

What do you want to know? Whether at 1-0 down on a windy winter Wednesday at West Ham when nothing is working, he'll be prepared to push Dawson upfront and try to out-Allardyce Allardyce?

The whole point of a system is that it's supposed to be all-pervasive. Yes you adapt it, but principles are principles.

Back