• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Barring the impressive performances against us, I've not had much more to think about with Poch (I wanted experience) however reading the views of Southampton players and fans AND fans of other teams, it fills me with excitement. At least he's older than me unlike AVB \o/

Underwhelmed and disappointed. However, of course ill get behind him and cheer him on when I go to the Lane.

Support the ****y boys! COYS!

First order of business, ensure Lamela that he is the main man in the right wing position

BoqRMhzIQAIuF_C.jpg

And I think one will find that Lamela, Eriksen, Paulinho etc are capable of playing football after all...

I totally agree with this (but the list should be Soldado instead of Eriksen).

any tweets from Spurs players about their new manager?

I think they are generally advised not to comment on things like this. There will probably be ones like how much they are enjoying pre-season with the new gaffer type stuff.

Running out of steam because of the intense pressing might be a regular problem. Its not very smart is it.

We've got 5 or 6 more senior players than Southampton do. He just needs to use our squad properly.

Interesting he's in Madrid for work. Sort of ties in with the Morata links.

Though Baldini being mates with Luis Enrique could be good for ourselves.

i prefer this to FDB

now bring in luke shaw and lallana

dont think we need lovren. we need better than that if we are going to invest heavily in a CB

i prefer this to FDB

dont think we need lovren. we need better than that if we are going to invest heavily in a CB

You think we have £50m+ to spend and the clout to fend off Man U/Chelsea and Liverpool?

IMO Lovren was one of the best 2/3 CBs in the league last season. What don't you like about him?

i prefer this to FDB

We are not getting Luke Shaw. If the 'Paulinho to Chelsea' link is even remotely true, take the money and buy both Lallana and Schneiderlin: the former to form sexy pass-and-move triangles with Eriksen and Lamela, and the latter to give us the deep-lying playmaker we've needed since Luka left. If it's bull crap, just buy Lallana. But buy Adam Lallana at all costs, please. :p

Lallana? No thanks. Not even better than what we have.

In fact, I'd take 5 Southampton players over him.

Very good to hear from this unknown guy on Twitter that Lamela is a focus for Poch right from his appointment.
The comments about style and Shaw are highly pleasing too.

I love all the people getting in their "not my choice but.." early just in case it doesn't work out. ;)

haha he wasnt but unlike AVB who was a ****in charlatan of the highest order, I respect Poch a fair bit more so would give him plenty of time. I do like the five year contract which shows commitment not only by us but from Poch himself and evident that both parties are brought into the overall strategy. I am pretty sure the interview process was far more thorough and comprehensive than the previous character.

didn't know how best to separate the 3 initial candidates (FdB, Pochettino and Benny) FdB and Pocc were my initial choice of the two, Benitez quickly caught up - but i think having read a lot on Pochettino from several posters on the board - more positives surrounded this guy than the other two and certainly less negatives, in the end had him down as the best candidate and i have to say right now im genuinely excited about the season ahead.

Given the options I'm very happy that Levy has chosen the best available option imo (after LVG opted for Manure)

Welcome Mauricio

i think with regards to Saints players....

is it a case that the system and his work with them on the training ground has made them the players they are? and if so should we be clamoring to sign them for an inflated price or should we rather hope that he can have a similar effect on the players we have here? (or ones we can bring in from elsewhere at a better price?)

Rodgers had a similar effect over time on previously average looking Liverpool players (and ones that he signed that weren't exactly ripping up tree's elsewhere)

I love all the people getting in their "not my choice but.." early just in case it doesn't work out. ;)

that's the problem with this place, everyone has the memory of an elephant, you'll be held up as a fanboy or a disciple in 18 months if you don't get it in now

i think with regards to Saints players....

is it a case that the system and his work with them on the training ground has made them the players they are? and if so should we be clamoring to sign them for an inflated price or should we rather hope that he can have a similar effect on the players we have here? (or ones we can bring in from elsewhere at a better price?)

I think this is a good question. My feeling is that if he turned Rodriguez, Llallana, Shaw and Lambert from Championship/League one fodder to England internationals then what could he do to the likes of Kane, Lennon, Townsend and Rose:eek:

I think, in response to the twitter ITK, it's probably more accurate to say that the club were sol on Poch (and vica-versa) a while back but there was always the chance that Soton would price him out of our reach…there are still scars from Hoddle…I'd also say that the way Poch conducts himself is far more to DL's liking. I am personally relieved we didn't go the Van Gaal route months ago; yes, top manager, etc, but we are not in the position to give him what he would want and he is not of the age to be patient, let alone tolerant of Levy. No, this is a very smart choice IMV, as much for the fit with how we're set up (and the wonderful tools we have which need encouragement and sharpening) as anything else.

So Levy didn't like AVB and was impressed with Poch.
FDB impressed in interview which is probably why some of our ITK felt that he had the job.

Am I reading into things too much by not seeing Baldini saying he was really impressed with Poch? I mean maybe the question was never asked, but he's happy to say FDB was a very good candidate.

Back